F1

Fish-Finger-er

Sorry but that sentence simply doesn't make sense to me this year... The new regs have made all the cars look out of proportion and butt ugly. I think the McLaren uses it's paint job best to hide the sheer hideousness of the cars though.

I much prefer this years cars! Cleaner lines and squarer edges, yummy.

I always thought that the old cars looked horrid, I love this years ones! (Mind you, I think modern supercars are ugly as f**k and 80s touring cars are the nicest cars ever made, so there you go).

I still dont fully understand why Lewis Hamilton was disqualifed of his 3rd place finish :S ?

Nope, me neither. Best I can understand is that he or the team didn't tell the stewards the truth on what happened but it should've been on film/traceable in telemetry etc so it really makes no sense.

Lewis overtook Jarno when Jarno fell off. Lewis then came to a virtual standstill in order to let him back through so as not to feel the wrath of the FIA. Jarno thought Lewis had problem so went back past him (even though his team said not to) because he honestly believed Lewis to be in trouble. That's where I lose the plot... everyone was trying to be nice and not doing anything naughty and everyone gets screwed by the FIA anyway. They're a complete joke these days.

"Allegedly the upgrade will make the jaws of the other team drop and it will be something they won't be able to copy."

If that's the upgrade I think it is (pretty sure it will be from what I have been told) then that could actually be the case... We are talking 15-17% less weight and massively increased high speed functionality on a major aerodynamic component, leading to around 0.1 second per lap gain in pace...

Seems like a reasonable decision?

Hamilton overtook, realised he could get screwed over, so let trulli back ahead. He then lied to the stewards and said he didn't allow him past. They realised he was telling fibs and docked him points.

Makes sense to me, fairly harsh, but at the end of the day you cant hide evidence from the officials to gain places.

Edited by Hobnobs

Let me know when you've seen it then

IM REFUSING TO - its such bull shit

- Gearbox and engine change rules, and that they have to last X ammount of time, I mean what the f**k, its a race car, its designed to be as fast as it can for one race, they say its to make it more cost effective, but the ammount of R&D and duribility testing just makes it stupid. So whats the point in having the fastest race cars not going as fast as they can?

- Racing tyres with groves - why? What benifit does that give? It doesn't encourage over taking because its giving people less traction into the corners, so how can you have more confidence? Also back to the FORMULA 1 is racing, on tyres that arn't designed for racing... WHATTT

- The FIA, massive hate going towards them for every decision they have ever made, trying to introduce a new scoring system like 2 weeks before the season starts? These things should be planned years in advance giving every team advance warnings of changings. Racing should be racing and be left at that.

- All this cloak and daggary.

Basically I've decided its a f**ked up sport, may start watching more Moto GP and other touring cars racing, least there they go, hey build the fastest shit you can and rag it rounc the track and see who comes first.

IM REFUSING TO - its such bull shit

- Gearbox and engine change rules, and that they have to last X ammount of time, I mean what the f**k, its a race car, its designed to be as fast as it can for one race, they say its to make it more cost effective, but the ammount of R&D and duribility testing just makes it stupid. So whats the point in having the fastest race cars not going as fast as they can?

To be fair to the FIA, if you have teams using over 100 engines per season, isn't it obvious that something's wrong? Does it detract from your enjoyment knowing that the engines from Australia will be in the car in Malaysia? Of course not. Just like it doesn't matter if they rev to 18k or 20k. The test for the engineers (which is also relevant to road cars) is to derive both power and reliability.

It's easy to make a grenade engine for qually, but what's the benefit?

- Racing tyres with groves - why? What benifit does that give? It doesn't encourage over taking because its giving people less traction into the corners, so how can you have more confidence? Also back to the FORMULA 1 is racing, on tyres that arn't designed for racing... WHATTT

They are racing tyres? Remember that since Michelin pulled out, everyone has had the same Bridgestones, so it's been the same for every driver. Those with more feel and more ability were able to outbrake slower drivers.

The point of grooves was to slow the cars down in the corners, as speeds had reached a point where gravel traps were just too small for the potential speed of the cars. It worked in slowing the cars down, but now the revamped aero and control tyres mean we can go back to slicks, which can only be a good thing.

- The FIA, massive hate going towards them for every decision they have ever made, trying to introduce a new scoring system like 2 weeks before the season starts? These things should be planned years in advance giving every team advance warnings of changings. Racing should be racing and be left at that.

- All this cloak and daggary.

I do agree that the FIA is largely a clusterf**k of giant proportions. They have done some good stuff, but the quicker Max goes, the better.

Basically I've decided its a f**ked up sport, may start watching more Moto GP and other touring cars racing, least there they go, hey build the fastest shit you can and rag it rounc the track and see who comes first.

Ummm, again I'm not quite sure what your point is. The S2000 touring car rules are very, very restrictive (after all, the cars would go a lot faster if they didn't have tiny 2 litre engines), and Moto GP have gotten rid of rider electronic aids which will slow the bikes down.

And last time I checked, F1 races are - usually - decided by who finishes first...

Just in case people are watching it later...

Button on pole again! Hamilton down on 13th (but still up from last weekend!) and looking rather dejected about the whole thing, his attitude won't be helping him out on the track surely?

Havn't watched qualifying and won't be bothering, but thanks for update. (Y) (Why can't they just do a 45-60min program on qualifying? I can't be doing with a 2.5 hour qualifying.)

I'm well pissed off with McClaren, why on earth would they lie in a inquiry if the radio broadcasts are recorded, surely they knew that. Now he's lost the 4 points he would have had if they'd just told the truth.

Nah, they're reforming on the grid again and waiting for the rain to stop.

This commentary is hilarious, it would appear they don't kno whats happening!

"Oh he's off AGAIN!"

"Errm, it's a replay"

"Oh yes of course, mwah haha. ha."

it started to spit, so they came in and came on full wets, then changed onto intermediates even though it was clearly going to pour it down, so everyone started falling off the track and they red flagged it!

It's sheet water on the starting grid from what I can see.

Ferrari sent Raikkonen out on full wets when the rain wasn't predicted for 5 minutes or something daft, he was about 30 seconds of the pace. :lol:

EDIT: The drivers don't want to restart at the moment, it's as bad on the track as it was at that race last year when everyone aquaplaned off on that one corner, can't remember where that was though.

Edited by Muel

now this might be a bit harsh,however lewis hamilton desreved that after hearing his pathetic apology on the radio and hearing about what actually happened im glad he was stripped he basicly cheated and weather his team told him to do it or not he is still his own person. they could not of punnished him if he told the truth in the first place,but even better he shouldnt have done what he did.CRAZY FOOOL