F1

Fish-Finger-er

Awful news from the F2 race at Brands Hatch today. Henry Surtees, 18 year old son of 1964 F1 World Champion John was killed when a stray wheel from a separate accident hit him on the head at ~120mph. He was rendered unconscious immediately and has since died in hospital.

Thoughts are with his family...

Yeah they had a special mention about his passing before the qualifier. Anyone here saw Filippe Massa's huge impact, that was scary watching it onboard in-car camera showing him hit the tyre wall at highspeed.

Edited by Rusevelt

Haha no way! Wierd because I always used to hate Schmacher when I was a kid, but I like him now for some reason...

He was a complete wanker quite a few times in his career... I'll never forgive him for f**king Damon Hill over in 1994 and was so glad he didn't manage it again with Villeneuve in '97. Would be good to see him getting his ass whipped by all the youngsters at Valencia!

Yeh I'll have been 4 and 7 then, so it was about the right time for when I watched F1 all the time. Only recently started again for the 2007 season!

I used to watch it with Daddy all the time. :P

Bad Joke

What a terrible, awful idea from the twat himself, Bernie Ecclestone.

I can see this going from bad to worse, rather quickly - a massive increase on the price of the (already) expensive tickets, lost fans = lost income and so they'll go for more ideas to drain the sport of any purpose.

I can predict the races will probably be more focused on what 'A-List' celebrities are sat in the audience cheering on whoever happens to be winning that day, followed by an interview with Celebrity X that no F1 fans really give a shit about.

I know F1 has always been a somewhat 'glamourous' sport - theres a lot of money in it and so it attracts a lot of famous people. What the f**k happened to just the track, the car, the teams and the drivers?

And on this note, Beyonce can f**k off and die.