F1

Fish-Finger-er

How can you be 'completely committed' to a move on a completely straight piece of track where the only thing you need to do is accelerate or brake? He wasn't 'committed' to anything. He had the option for the entirety of the straight to back off and just wait for another opportunity, but he didn't and he didn't manage to overtake him.

Doubt its quite that simple down a straight in an F1 car (i know it is for them though)

If the door had been closed early, as schui knows to do, then Rubens would have had to go aroind the outside. He'd still have made it comfortably, but once he'd dived out to the right this option evaporated, and at this point there was still considerable safe overtaking space on the right before ze german decided he'd quite like to either remove Rubens from the planet, or maybe his nose cone as a compromise.

I don't bother with F1 any more, the penalties are always either too severe or not severe inough if you ask me.

What did he get? Ban for the rest of the season? Or a nice little drive through...

Edited by Muel

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see Jenson Button quickest during first practice at Monza, just hope he can maintain that pace for tomorrow's qualifier.

S'aaaalllll about Lewis... Would love to see the Ferrari's catch fire and DNF (Alonso particularly) and some grumpy Tifosi would just make my weekend! In related news my sister's gone over to Monza for the race... damn her!

If Jenson's quicker it'll only cost McLaren $100,000 to get them to swap anyway! :P

I'd love to see McLaren keep the big wing, ok it'll give people a tow down the straights if they can't neutralise it fully, but seeing Lewis with better braking stability would mean the other drivers wouldn't have a hope in hell on the brakes! Plus they'll not be affected when tucked up and they can stay off the duct and keep the downforce!

I'd also like to see Vettel lose it again and write Alonso off or Schumacer :P

S'aaaalllll about Lewis... Would love to see the Ferrari's catch fire and DNF (Alonso particularly) and some grumpy Tifosi would just make my weekend! In related news my sister's gone over to Monza for the race... damn her!

Well the fact the FIA have not penalized Ferrari only means FIA have been bought.

FIA

Ferrari Internatinal Assistance to the rescue again.

Disappointed Vettel was fastest in 2nd practice today... Lewis and Jenson were flying for a while!

Backtracking - went to Spa the other weekend and was sat at the bus stop on Sunday, so got to see allll the action! Nearly pooed myself when Lewis was scrubbing the wall, but was funny seeing Vettel screw himself over twice :giggle:

Looking forward to Quali and the next race!

Didn't watch the final qualifier but having checking the results online, i wasn't surprised about Alonso grabbing pole, but Button grabbing 2nd (using F-Duct) and Hamilton down in 5th (not using F-Duct), sounds like team orders going on Maclaren to help Button close the drivers points gap on Hamilton. Well im sure Lewis will give it his all on race day.

I'm pretty much with Mark on this one- He seems to get a real kick out of being controversial and obnoxious for the hell of it. Both David C and Martin B come across as very intelligent and informed guys (which they are of course) but Eddie just comes across like a spoilt brat who's trying to make himself stand out by being different.

He seems to get a real kick out of being controversial and obnoxious for the hell of it.

In the same way that at the moment he's saying Schumacher's shit, isn't going to win again, is planning on quitting at the end of the year, that Mercedes have got loads of drivers' managers in talks with them, that they're going to drop Ross Brawn - yet Mercedes have said they aren't planning anything like that at all, Schumacher hasn't said he's planning on quitting, Schumacher's agent has said that he's committed to fulfilling his contract, and so on.

Well its no longer a one horse race but potentially five horses :huh:

South Korean Grand Prix should be interesting with the first anti-clockwise circuit :S

Brazil, Interlagos and Turkey, Istanbul tracks are anti-clockwise arnt they?