F1

Fish-Finger-er

hmm - if you penalise hamilton you have to penalise vettel too - they both got a bit carried away on entrance and exit to the pit lane...

really enjoyed this one, but have to say I think bernie was on the phone to send the second safety car out for two laps to bring the field back together. All (tiny amount) the debris was in the pit lane which you could drive down as you liked without the aid of a safety car ?

All (tiny amount) the debris was in the pit lane which you could drive down as you liked without the aid of a safety car ?

Wasn't there a little bit of wing where the initial contact took place. You're right though, they were out sweeping up the force india(?) on the first few laps when the cars were racing and approaching within 30sec!

Wasn't there a little bit of wing where the initial contact took place.

Yeah but only a little chunk, nothing major. Would've been thrown off track after a couple of cars went by. I also wondered if Ferrari had put in a request to the Ferrari International Assistance to give them a fighting chance ;).

probably, when all seemed lost for Alonso, 4th place? get outta here!

That also reminded me, Alonso on the pit lane entrance with Massa! That was f**king rude! Also, if Massa had beached what would've happened at Ferrari

I think its absurb then can apparently 'race' all the the way to the limiter line

That also reminded me, Alonso on the pit lane entrance with Massa! That was f**king rude! Also, if Massa had beached what would've happened at Ferrari

I think its absurb then can apparently 'race' all the the way to the limiter line

Completely agree- If I was Felipe I'd be smacking Alonso in the face with my (crash) helmet after that move! I think they need to introduce some kind of reg about overtaking on pit lane entry after both the Hamilton/Vettel and Twat/Massa entries.

Completely agree- If I was Felipe I'd be smacking Alonso in the face with my (crash) helmet after that move! I think they need to introduce some kind of reg about overtaking on pit lane entry after both the Hamilton/Vettel and Twat/Massa entries.

Yep, its such a close season (so far) the drivers are using every means they can to get ahead. Also I'm glad someone else agrees with me, Alonso has always somehow found a way to piss me off and I have a slightly rational (but mainly irrational) hatred of the spaniard.

However If he had backed off, hamilton would have taken an inevitable drive through, promoting Vettel up the track and removing a main rival.

But no, being hot-headed, the pair tussled and Vettel tried to make a point and squeeze Hamilthon, endangering the pit crews. and it instead it ended up being a post-race investigation.

Edit: I seem to remember thinking the cars left leaving the boxes within splits of each other, Vettel hooked it up better and stayed right over, making the whole thing much more awkward

Edited by shamus

Alonso has always somehow found a way to piss me off and I have a slightly rational (but mainly irrational) hatred of the spaniard.

I was never bothered by him until Lewis came in and Alonso literally acted like a spoilt 2 year old and was a complete retard. Can't stand him anymore and I hop he gets his ass kicked at every opportunity.

vettel was not at fault in the pit lane incident he had the racing line and was already out of pitt box,maclaren was at fault as they shouldnt of released hamilton until vettel passed,the rules are fairly clear on this incident

Not really. For one Vettel may have been moving but there was no one coming down the pit lane so McLaren had no real reason to hold Lewis. The lollypop man would've already made the decision the the lane was clear as the last gun was removed- at which point Vettel was probably either still stationary or just moving. Obviously Lewis should have yielded and dropped in behind but Vettel was being downright dangerous by pushing Lewis into the other pit boxes.

Edit: I seem to remember thinking the cars left leaving the boxes within splits of each other, Vettel hooked it up better and stayed right over, making the whole thing much more awkward

Exactly

Jeez!

That was lucky for Hamilton! Also for Vettel (although his punishment would have been much less)

I do think there should be some repremand though, it was just plain dangerous

Also Alonso on the pit incident, i'm astounded that it was allowed, surely he left the race track to gain a place (if you can consider it racing track still?)

Guess what we'll have to listen to for a hour before the next race then? =Pit lane rules and Hamilton/Alonso 'stretching' them!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice for Mark Webber to finally bag a win and prove that he is not driving under Seb Vettel's shadow. hard luck for L.Hamilton with that left front tyre failure 2 laps from the end which gifted F.Alonso 2nd place, spainish fans loved that moment. 

Roll on Monaco next weekend.......

Lets be honest Lewis didn't need to push so hard and probably could have avoided blowing up his tyre. Shame Jenson got stuck behind that mobile roadblock AKA Michael Schumacher. Was a good solid performance by Mark Webber, wouldn't have felt too safe driving Sebastien Vettel's car at the end!

I don't think Lewis was pushing at all, there would have been little to gain from it and the risks weren't worth it.

I'm gutted to see Hamilton go out in such a fashion, especially when it would have pushed him up the championship table and made the rest of the season a whole lot more interesting...there may be time to grab something back though, hopefully!

Nice controlled win for Mark Webber, and now that he is the championship leader, Redbull will now have to re-think their efforts to give Webber a better contractual deal than the current 1-year deal that he is on.

Ferrari look to legally contest that passing move by M.Schumacher on F.Alonso on the second to last corner on the final lap after the safety car, though Ross Brawn has already got that covered with his evidence for the eyes of the tv world to see.

Edited by Rusevelt

Has anyone else made sense of why M.Schumacher was handed a 20sec penalty by the stewards (one of whom being Damon Hill) for passing F.Alonso on second to last corner (rasscass i think) when both Martin Brundle, and Ross Brawn felt that passing move was legal under the new F1 rule/regulation 40:13. Ross Brawn showed his evidence on live tv that schumacher did not breach safety car conditions. The stewards have yet to publish their reasons for the penalty.

Has anyone else made sense of why M.Schumacher was handed a 20sec penalty by the stewards (one of whom being Damon Hill) for passing F.Alonso on second to last corner (rasscass i think) when both Martin Brundle, and Ross Brawn felt that passing move was legal under the new F1 rule/regulation 40:13. Ross Brawn showed his evidence on live tv that schumacher did not breach safety car conditions. The stewards have yet to publish their reasons for the penalty.

If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

Simples.

I'm surprised Rubens hasn't been fined yet for throwing his toys steering wheel out the pram car... He's lucky that didn't take out someone's radiator (or head) and I bet the guy in charge of the £50k bit of kit wasn't best chuffed with him either!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was suprised Webber held it together in the press conference, and was pretty sure the Red Bull tech guy was gonna have a fight with a reporter haha.

Personally though, I was laughing my head off after the coming together, shouting at Mclaren for letting Vettel hop them in the pits and impressed at the fact there is now a team to take the race to the aussie and the german!

I was suprised Webber held it together in the press conference, and was pretty sure the Red Bull tech guy was gonna have a fight with a reporter haha.

Did you see him talking to hamilton when they both must of thought a close up was on button? Both showing eachother with there hands, that they both thought vettel turned into webber. They tried to look innocent after.

Good race, good result. Petrov was unlucky to go out after having such a good race