F1

Fish-Finger-er

Yeah that's the one - was a combined Xmas present from a few family members but I *think* the ticket was £210 for the complete weekend... That was roaming on Friday and Saturday so we sat in the grandstand at the complex (the most expensive race day seats), then Sunday was fixed seating at the braking zone for Abbey. Not sure what tickets will cost this year, but they are online available to buy via the link you posted above. Edit: Looks like about £135 for the Sunday...

The noise is absolutely phenominal, you really need to be there to experience it, I couldn't stand even one car going past without some form of ear protection. When a load of cars go past in a group it's so mental... At one point I counted 46 helicopters within my sight which was stupid, haha.

Lots of early mornings, dodgy bus rides and horrendous traffic but a really good weekend overall, just looking back through the photos made me remember how cool it was! (All these are straight off the camera so apologies for any dodgy framing/cropping/levels)

post-5427-126633792652_thumb.jpg

post-5427-126633781987_thumb.jpg

post-5427-126633773431_thumb.jpg

post-5427-12663379948_thumb.jpg

post-5427-126633796823_thumb.jpg

post-5427-126633816026_thumb.jpg

If you can save enough cash I don't think you'll be disappointed (Y)

Fantastic! Cheers Adam!

£210 isn't as expensive as I thought; although I guess I have to consider (perhaps) a local hotel, food, fuel and all that fun...so it could easily turn into a very expensive weekend away - although I'd love the whole experience of it.

I went to the renault world series last year at Silverstone, that was a great day out and I understand what you mean about the sound of it - they ran the renault F1 car on the track and the noise was amazing, and that was just one of them!

Something I'll look into, I noticed the grass banks at Silverstone (and also on your photo) - is that a selective seating area?

Excuse my ignorance :P

No worries! Ask away if you wanna know anything else...

I don't think there's any seating/access to grass banks, but you can roam about in a reasonably relaxed way on Friday/Saturday from what I remember... Sunday is a bit more strict though. In the 5th photo I posted, they have seats sunk into the concrete levels, you can't really go on the grass.

• 4 weeks later...

Or, Schumacher will prove himself to be old and over the hill, jenson and lewis will do the traditional Brit thing and Fail and that annoying b*****d Vettel will get the pole and do some f**king aggressive finger pointing ....

In practice yesterday the gap of the whole field was 7-11secs over the whole period. Seems a pretty small gap to me after the beginning of last year, I think it's going to be a pretty level playing field this year, should be interesting to see how it all plays out. I get the impression it'll more about the drivers this year and less about the car/team. Which is good if you ask me!

Or, Schumacher will prove himself to be old and over the hill, jenson and lewis will do the traditional Brit thing and Fail and that annoying b*****d Vettel will get the pole and do some f**king aggressive finger pointing ....

given that Schumacher was three tenths slower than rosberg, both Brits were over a second back, and that vettel pretty much started pointing as soon as he left the car - I think my predtion proves I must be Jesus....

• 2 weeks later...

Im really hoping Melbourne is more entertaining then the last race. If its not then I can see me not bothering to watch every race this season as most of the action will take place in quali.

I wouldn't count on it. Jesen did a write up about the rule changes and it basically boiled down to it that they have 2 more races to save the rest of the season.

It makes good sence but F1 often change the rules mid-season when they figure out it isn't working out, however if they leave it too late then whoever makes it out there for first position at the starting grid will usually carry it on to the end, repeat that 3 times in a row and more than likely you'll have a 2010 champion, which if they carry on with these rules, I predict it will be Vettel.

Red Bull are extremely quick this season and they do deserve a World Championship without a doubt; although it's not an impressive victory unless there is a lot of fighting for it.

Jeson described the 2009 season as 'some of the best races F1 has seen'...bias because he won it? Personally I found it rather tiresome. The best season for me was 2008 - the points were so close throughout the season and the final race with Hamilton fighting for victory was immense, nothing humoured me more than Ferarri celebrating in the pits and then seeing Hamilton overtake Glock and losing it all.

But obviously close points are mapped out over the season and a tie-break situation may still occur with these rules. F1 is a very expensive sport and is a magnet for sponsership, as it stands F1 will fail to attract new spectators, who wants to see the worlds best drives looping a track and taking no risks? Nobody.

Therefore if sponsors can't justify the massive advertising costs related to the teams, they'll drop it, then the teams have no money and then slowly drop out, so you'll be left with the big guns - Mercedes, Ferarri, BMW and Red Bull, the competetion will slim, get boring and then F1 will fail.

I heartily agree with all of the above,

Jenson does have a point though last season did see some immense individual drives, there were moments of genius and some passing maneuvers which will go down in history. (not all from him btw)

I think the issue of railroading f1 cars around the track is dull and as you say, to the detriment of the sport.

One thing i'm not sure about is the engines and gearbox rules. While i understand the concept of forcing teams to strategise and look after the engines, and allowing teams with less funding to afford the season (not changing very expensive engines non-stop)

it means drivers who could try and hunt down the next place, hang back to save the car for the next race which by all accounts is GAY! flat out or get out

easy solution to overtaking and making shit more exciting:

Allow cars to make better use of ground effect and reduce wing sizes etc to reduce turbulent airflow from car in front affecting grip of car behind as much.

Allow KERS but in an unlimited time form - as much as you can generate from a standardized battery/energystorage device - none of this namby pamby 6 second of 80HP shit. maybe even totally selectable by the driver in 10hp steps...

true but then when the cars clip curbs and lift the car, touch any debris or bottom out hard on a bumb and damage the system they lose a massive amount of 'downforce' being generated by the ground effect, which would be extremely dangerous, although as you said it would solve the turbulant air issue which is a huge problem.

Max Mosley, needs to step down as FIA president and stop rewriting the rules. Lets hope Redbull sort their car problems tomorrow morning so that we can enjoy more finger pointing from Vettel (Y)

You need to catch the f**k up son!

Max Mosley, needs to step down as FIA president and stop rewriting the rules. Lets hope Redbull sort their car problems tomorrow morning so that we can enjoy more finger pointing from Vettel (Y)

Max Mosley is no longer president of the FIA - and if he were it still wouldn't make much difference. These rules are not new at all - I think the pitstop refuelling only came into effect again in the mid-90's since about 1986 or so.

Lets hope Redbull sort their car problems tomorrow morning so that we can enjoy more finger pointing from Vettel (Y)

Vettel is one of the most talented drivers on the grid and if it weren't for his car failing on Sunday he would have won it. It's not really finger pointing if your in 1st place and then your car f**ks up, is it?

I'd love Vettel to become world champion, especially for a team like Red Bull who are still considered to be below Ferarri, Merc etc, but no-no, you're right, lets have another f**king predictable season of;

1. Ferarri

2. Mercedes

3. Renault

Thrilling. :sleeping:

L.Hamliton , J.Button, M.Webber, M.Schmacher.

Pedro de la Rosa is public enemy number one with the rest of the drivers, deliberately slowing behind or driving slow in the race line. Race officials might look into his "i dont give shit antics", he pissed off quite a number of drivers during the closing moments.

Edited by Rusevelt

L.Hamliton , J.Button, M.Webber, M.Schmacher.

Pedro de la Rosa is public enemy number one with the rest of the drivers, deliberately slowing behind or driving slow in the race line. Race officials might look into his "i dont give shit antics", he pissed off quite a number of drivers during the closing moments.

I don't think Schmacher has it in him to be honest - he's quick but not quick enough for a podium finish in 2010 World Championship.

Also Pedro De La Rosa was slow due to a fault with the car, hence why he retired from the race - so I don't think he pissed anyone off, if he'd continued to race however then he would have - he'd be hazardous on the race and would probably be forced to retired anyway.