Top Gear

riddler

The camera crews must do the entire thing all over again afterwards to get all the fly-by shots.

Yeah he mentions in that review thing posted earlier, that they go back and get the shots needed to make it work on TV. Which is good because that was the main thing leading me to believe it was all scripted and rigged, as he'd be stopping every 5 mins to film. If its real though and those are all taken after, thats good :)

-Charlie-

The camera crews must do the entire thing all over again afterwards to get all the fly-by shots.

Yeah he mentions in that review thing posted earlier, that they go back and get the shots needed to make it work on TV. Which is good because that was the main thing leading me to believe it was all scripted and rigged, as he'd be stopping every 5 mins to film. If its real though and those are all taken after, thats good :)

-Charlie-

indeed, for a long time Clarkson has been maintaining that the races are genuine, the Ferrari one for example was so close they say on film they don't think anyone will believe it. It's nice to hear Wilman and Clarkson both saying how it's done.

This is the Andy Wilman Blog post about the show. Here.

The Alfa 8c sounds good :D

indeed, for a long time Clarkson has been maintaining that the races are genuine, the Ferrari one for example was so close they say on film they don't think anyone will believe it. It's nice to hear Wilman and Clarkson both saying how it's done.

This is the Andy Wilman Blog post about the show. Here.

The Alfa 8c sounds good :D

Bloody Comfy too! Very nice car too look at, been near... I want one :(

Just missed top gear, the BBC are f**king idiots. They make iplayer, make a big fuss about it and it actually never works as it should.

Went on there yesterday, and it was totally knackered - had a few screen shot from comedy programs on a white background with some computer language - great, thanks.

Went on there just now to watch top gear, saw 'episode 4', clicked, started watching, realized it was episode 4 from some f**king ancient series? Like series 9?

He said beaver, not badger ;)

Same thing really haha, easy mistake to make! Simply epic race! Loved everything about it! They even got a bit of a montage in there with the editing lol! Loved the Bill Oddie facemask thing haha! Having James as part of the whole production really is a superb balance! Such a geek but I love him haha... also the bit when Hammond got seperated when he wondered into the other train, I actually felt stranded for him, you just can't begin to imagine the panic, even with a camera crew with you! This, im hoping, will be on YouTube for years to come :D

Same thing really haha, easy mistake to make! Simply epic race! Loved everything about it! They even got a bit of a montage in there with the editing lol! Loved the Bill Oddie facemask thing haha! Having James as part of the whole production really is a superb balance! Such a geek but I love him haha... also the bit when Hammond got seperated when he wondered into the other train, I actually felt stranded for him, you just can't begin to imagine the panic, even with a camera crew with you! This, im hoping, will be on YouTube for years to come :D

When he held that mask up to the petrol pump attendant, I could not breath.

Was anybody else really disapointed with todays episode? Feels like the shows less about cars now and more about the comedy scenaros the crew can get into. I know the whole shows car based etc, but like the race across Japan, clarkson hardly said a work about the car, and more about his Bill Oddy mask (Although it was hilarious), and the food he was eating.

Might just be me, but thats how I feel about the whole series so far...

That alfa was stunning thou.

I think topgear should go back to actually testing cars etc during the proper series but still do the 1 hour specials, to the pole, accross the desert, winter olympics etc maybe 4 times a year?

I get the feeling he didnt think much of the GTR, whats all the bollocks about the gearbox as well? cant be true... typical clarkson misunderstanding?

I think topgear should go back to actually testing cars etc during the proper series but still do the 1 hour specials, to the pole, accross the desert, winter olympics etc maybe 4 times a year?

I get the feeling he didnt think much of the GTR, whats all the bollocks about the gearbox as well? cant be true... typical clarkson misunderstanding?

I think it is, this GT-R has been designed from the outset to be hard to modify. The ECU apparently will pick up anything that's altered. Clearly Nissan have forgotton that on a heavily modified car, the standard ECU is one of the first things to be junked lol.

I like this weeks episode, they're still struggling for ideas, but less so than last weeks proved lol.

The star in the reasonable ...... is utter wank and has got even worse now they see the need to put 2 people on. Its just a waste of life

Be nice if they tested some cars too. Japan bit was pretty funny but could have been cut down abit