Top Gear

riddler

Supposedly the GT-R is the fastest ever production car to go round the Norschleife.

Faster than the GT2, Pagani Zonda, Ferrari Enzo and Koenigsegg CC8S.

Don't realy see how, as it is a tank, and has around 100hp less than most of those, and weighs as much as a boat.

Supposedly the GT-R is the fastest ever production car to go round the Norschleife.

Faster than the GT2, Pagani Zonda, Ferrari Enzo and Koenigsegg CC8S.

Don't realy see how, as it is a tank, and has around 100hp less than most of those, and weighs as much as a boat.

It's not exactly a tank @ 1740kg (wiki) and a 0-60 of 3.5 (possibly more like 3.0 with the super secret launch control everyone knows about). The reason it's such a demon around the 'ring is the trick diffs/LSD/traction control etc etc etc. The ring has a lot of corners and the GT-R is real world faster than things like the Enzo/Zonda etc. Nissan basically taped an engine to a computer. I'd imagine Clarkson will bitch about it having no Soul like the Italians etc but that it's an amazing piece of technology (just like he did with the R34).

Also Woop Top Gear. Top Gear Tv Ads for those who havn't seen them.

we need tigers racing badgers

This Sunday? Or the 22nd as stated in the topic?

Pretty sure the Radical is the fastest street legal production car to lap the Nurburgring :)

22nd according to sources

Yea to my knowledge the Radical is indeed, but then it is basically a race car with a numberplate and as easy to drive on the road as wrestling an itchy bear

Edited by Dan Campbell

Theres plenty of cars that are produced that will lap the ring quicker than GTR. But the GTR has 5 seats, lekkie windows, cheap (relatively) and has more computing power than bill gates study.

all hail the truth for it is good and squashes the doubters like a fat person riding a bungee jumping Hippo with a lead belt.*

Go on imagine it, it's quite dramatic.

Edited by Dan Campbell

I just dont see how 470hp @ 1740kg can be faster than 650 @ 1365kg (al la Enzo), no matter how much computer giggery pokery there is. It just defies simple physics.

And all for the price of a 911, I just can't understand what Nissan have done here, it's like they have bent space/time.

Ahh well, end of the day, I'd still rock one.

Ferrari may have like 300bhp more per tonne, but when you press the loud pedal about 400bhp of the Enzo is lost in grip and slides. Loud pedal on the GTR will put every last horse to the floor. Although i can tell you this only from reviews and driver experiences, pretty sure it's lap times will speak a thousand words that my recycled words can't. :)

Can't wait for the GTR review, actually going to put my world on hold when i know that episode is on.

So the verdict is - its quite shit. Hmm.

I <3 Top Gear.

Nah his verdict, at least the way i read it is that its a brilliant car, but its too brilliant. Its a sports car, but it doesnt give you a headache when you drive it, or make it uncomfortable to drive. although this makes it a bit characterless, it does kind of make it awesome.

Nah his verdict, at least the way i read it is that its a brilliant car, but its too brilliant. Its a sports car, but it doesnt give you a headache when you drive it, or make it uncomfortable to drive. although this makes it a bit characterless, it does kind of make it awesome.

^^

The verdict I took from it was that Nissan have made it so good that normal people can't get the most from it, yes it's quick but so is a plane and they don't exactly feel quick do they? Where other supercars (is it really a supercar?*) feel quick when you push them I think the GT-R probably gives the impression it's bored of your pathetic driving attempts and would much prefer to do it all itself.

*could be part of a whole new debate!

Aye, I got the idea that that the performance is f**king awesome, top notch and flawless/perfect. And because it's perfect and does everything so brilliantly it's no longer a challenge to go quickly, in fact, it's quite boring and requires the same amount of skill that driving around town at 20mph takes. Also, from his review it seems thart the car has no individual character (or has it's own very unique charcter), from how i took it, it seems like inside the car you don't hear the engine roaring, pumping and struggling to do 180mph, you can barely hear the turbo and the wheels are always in control; there is no evidence of you going at speed, which is all a bit boring, isn't it?

^^

The verdict I took from it was that Nissan have made it so good that normal people can't get the most from it, yes it's quick but so is a plane and they don't exactly feel quick do they? Where other supercars (is it really a supercar?*) feel quick when you push them I think the GT-R probably gives the impression it's bored of your pathetic driving attempts and would much prefer to do it all itself.

*could be part of a whole new debate!

I was thinking about this a minute ago, what is it actually classed as?

Its got super car performance but doesnt it also have 5 seats etc. and a boot?

Yea as far as I can tell from the clarkson review it is a very good car, with masses of amazing technology however its almost too good, you dont get the raw power delivery, and the struggle to keep it on the road or going in a straight line round corners etc. It has no raw power, the car kinda does it all for you and just makes it all feel too easy?

I was thinking about this a minute ago, what is it actually classed as?

Its got super car performance but doesnt it also have 5 seats etc. and a boot?

Erm pass, with the notable exception of the NSX, the japs dont really do supercars. (stuff like the GTO,supra, older skylines etc - can all be argued as having supercar performance for stuff from their day)

suppose its basically a sports coupe, or possibly a grand tourer.

although a grand tourer is usually more upmarket (think aston martin, maserati,ferrari 612 etc - country eating cars,which is kind of what this is, allows you to do huge speeds and mileages in comfort)

and its a bit quicker than say a hyundai coupe sports coupe etc.

but then the m3, the new a5, etc are essentially sports coupes' but both will manage huge speeds, and are probably equally as capable of crossing countries as grand tourers. its just the price of them at 2-3 years old puts them as ownable for the average man.

Anyone got any info on this new GTR? What make is it for a start? Is it a Veyron beater?

the new gtr basic 450bhp twin turbo v6? if i remember correctly. and supposedly is quicker than pretty much all production cars around the nurburgring aparently :P urmmm but very high tech. computers are very advanced.

ohhh and by the way i am having the new GTR for my prom car :)

something a bit like this ;)

40-1.jpg