Glasseyetrials: Getsureal-ish

1a2bcio8

Word up trials Homies,

Film of James Porter riding in Swindon and Oxford, from last weekend and the weekend before. In terms of filming, I much prefer the state of my video from the previous one. Managinng to get more colour and sharpness into the shot. Also the camera angles, steadiness (mostly) and smoothness has, I think, improved. Helped by the addition of a tripod. Editing was a bitch this time round. I really struggled to find music that I felt went with the riding. James having such a relaxed style made more upbeat music not acceptable. In the end I chose some 'sureal' hip-hop and frantically completed the edit in about four hours. Some of the editing I feel is a bit sureal to match - I do like the sureal. Finally, I've managed to sort out a few compression issues from last time - I was exporting at the wrong frame rate last time >_<

Oh and one more thing, might as well let you know that I'm in the process of making a trials film to put onto DVD/Blu-ray. Details will follow after I've managed to get a job and get some more filming done. It's probably going to be called "Physics of a Bicycle".

Anyway, enjoy!

GETsureal-ish

Please download if you can! Quality is immense and can only really be appreciated running off mediaplayer, VLC, etc.!!!

Ben

James had the carbon for a week or two and it's now been passed on to Jack Meek. Amazing ride.

Not sure about the no sound on the download. Anyone else had a problem? What video player are you using?

Standard, one mistake per video on the "www.tartybikes.com". Sorry Adam >_<

Cheers on comments chaps.

Edited by rowly

All these super high quality vids play like a slide show for me :(

Me too, i'm playing it on VLC and it doesn't like it at all, nor does quick time (even with flip4mac and perian)... any ideas peeps? I'm using mac. thanks.

Edited by philking

Cheers for the very pleasant compliments chaps!

Regarding viewing issues, I shall make a smaller version over the next couple of days and upload it somewhere - probably also to vimeo. It's a .wmv though, so I guess perhaps your best bet is with media player. It looks like the vimeo player scales the video down for streaming, is it ok in that?

Adam, can't make tomorrow unfortunately. Standard lady commitments. I haven't really riden for that long either as my back has been too painful :( Thursday maybe?

Edited by rowly