Biketrial In The Olympic Games.

Lokoxx

Based on how the Olympics works, they'll probably come up with their own rules anyway (Cross country is now abbreviated to XCO by the UCI, meaning Olympic XC as they changed their requirements for XC races to match the IOC's needs). For Olympic trials I'd guess they'll land nearer the UCI rules, for no other reason than that they already deal with the UCI for other cycling events. Provided it's not a complete TGS fest it'll make for great TV :). I'd like to see a mix of natural and built/street sections, combining the best of both worlds - the street stuff would hopefully make viewers think about the possibilities outside their own door.

As for female competitors, definitely a valid concern for the Olympic folks - does anyone have an idea of the male:female ratio in trials generally or in competition entries? I'm guessing it's pretty skewed compared to most sports with good media coverage - wonder has it anything to do with shinjuries :P...

Looking at this forum there are 60 members listed as female (And based on some of the user names quite a few of them are probably male), with 2400 or so male members, so probably worse than 40:1 unless there are loads of girls posting here as male, which is a possibility if they're looking for sensible replies, given the responses I've seen to female riders on other (Not even trials) cycling forums...

Who at UCI have you spoken to, and what plans have they formulated to make this happen? im going to some event here in london later this month (ive got three extra tickets) to do with the 2012 london olympics and hope to speak to some key heads there. i don't know what to except when i get there, ill just see what happens.

Edited by Rusevelt

Would this be a little crap though, as 'profesionals' arn't allowed in the Olympics

Hahaha they are NOT professionals! They are people who ride bikes with no saddles and get free bikes! Like boxing, amateurs arn't allowed to get payed for fighting and don't get major sponsers (forgive me if im wrong) but pro's get paid hundreds of thousands a fight.

but boxing gets by.

?

Never seen million dollar baby? There are even films made about womens boxing... anyone ever seen a trials film? pmsl boxing is so much bigger than anything we would even dream about