New Onza 2009 20" Range

Joe@Onza

They are new forks.

ONZA 2009 20” MODEL RANGE

Welcome to the new 2009 Onza 20” wheel Trials bicycles. The first ever unified range that we have produced with a frame and fork design which runs through from the budget models to the top competition cycles. Using the wealth of experience gained from our team of both competition and street riders, we have put together this collection of cycles which will give even the beginner a head start in Bicycle Trials. Carefully selected colours of frames and parts gives a professional feel and co-ordinates the range from top to bottom.

Onza Rip £299.95

The opening model in our range, low on price but high in street cred. Top quality tig welded alloy frame, 20” alloy wheels and the geometry of a true pro bike.

Onza Bird £339.95.

This model gets the 19” rear wheel and a quality front cable operated disc brake. Top this off with Maxxis Creepy Crawler tyres and you have a bike that can handle the competition circuit or the streets with equal ease.

Onza Pro £439.95

The first true competion model in the range with a new super light U6 alloy frame incorporating Onza's patented CNC dropouts with chain tensioners. Our first double disc Mod bike has a front freewheeling system carrying the legendary Tensile freewheel up front.

Onza Blade £499.95

This model has a Magura HS33 rear brake to complement the front cable operated disc brake. Our unique side drilled front rim gives it a real competition feel.

Onza Comp £549.95

This bicycle tops out the range and is fitted with a full set of Magura HS33. Like the rest of the range the colour co ordinated handlebars have Onza Porcipaw clear grips to show the bar colour through.

Range Overview.

All frames and forks have new Onza competion geometry.

All models are fitted with Onza Kool Chains, new Onza one piece double cage pedals and Onza Clear Porcipaw grips.

All models from Bird up carry Maxxis Creepy Crawler Tyres.

All models from Pro up have U6 alloy frame and carry Tensile Freewheel and Onza Pro cranks.

Edited by Joe@Onza

They look surprisingly good. What brakes are on the dual disc. Avids?

there not avids, they look similar to the helfraud ones? i would consider buying the DD just to get my mod fix, a new set of bb7s and a tensile would make it full of win (Y)

They ar the Onza Duel pull Disc brakes. As seen on last years T-Bird but proved to be a success so thats why they have been fitted to other models now.

there not avids, they look similar to the helfraud ones? i would consider buying the DD just to get my mod fix, a new set of bb7s and a tensile would make it full of win (Y)

Tensile what?

Also, The see through grips are pretty good too don't you think?

Not really, nothing to boast about.

Also why bother with the 3 almost identical top models - just different brakes, and a drill has been taken to the rims (apart from the front hog on the 'blade') ??

Because someone with a bit of sense would just buy the 'pro' at £440, as £110 more for the 'comp' is barely worth it as Maguras are quite shite to be honest - and you wouldn't get the disc hubs anymore, just someone whos taken a drill to your rims <_< If you wanted a dual maggie Onza, it'd still make more sense to buy the 'pro' and fit magguras to it surely?

I'm not trying to be a twat, I just think the price gaps between the top 3 models are a bit to much!

But in all fairness they look really nice :) and good call shortening the forks.

EDIT: perhaps make the stem lower next year, and the clamp interface 31.8 (as this would make it easyer for begineers to upgrade one step at a time ;)) ?

x

Edited by cai

I want the pro frame soo bad! Will they be sold seperately, and how much? Also would Moore and Large still be distributing them?

From personal experience, on hold and bite the Onza disc brake out performs my hope and many of my friends bb7's, the brake lever isn't the greatest in the world so change that and you'll all be sorted.

They all look so good.

I also like the fact how sticky fingers are only present on the Rip, its a good improvement to see every model with Creepy's as standard.

Edited by Albino Slig

Not really, nothing to boast about.

Also why bother with the 3 almost identical top models - just different brakes, and a drill has been taken to the rims (apart from the front hog on the 'blade') ??

Because someone with a bit of sense would just buy the 'pro' at £440, as £110 more for the 'comp' is barely worth it as Maguras are quite shite to be honest - and you wouldn't get the disc hubs anymore, just someone whos taken a drill to your rims <_< If you wanted a dual maggie Onza, it'd still make more sense to buy the 'pro' and fit magguras to it surely?

I'm not trying to be a twat, I just think the price gaps between the top 3 models are a bit to much!

But in all fairness they look really nice :) and good call shortening the forks.

EDIT: perhaps make the stem lower next year, and the clamp interface 31.8 (as this would make it easyer for begineers to upgrade one step at a time ;)) ?

x

Glad to see you like them, (It's Joe by the way not Mike)

Grips are pretty sweet because you do not have to buy a certain colour to go with your colour scheme. Have you ever used the porcipaw grips?

Right, I knew someone would pick up on this, So here goes......

These bikes are designed to go in any bike shop for any sort of buyer. From experience you would not beleive the amount of parents that phone up and say "I want one of those trial bike things with those sqeeky brakes, Mungara's I think you call them"

So many enty level riders that do not know a lot about trials only look for whats stopping them. Thats why there are 3 models with different brake options. Non of them make more money then other, Its just how much they cost to make O.E.

So a wise Trials Rider would see that the Blade is the best value for money model, but you are not hitting the general market.

Good idea about the stems being 31.8 but this range was done on a shoe string this year, With all the price increases we had to take some sacrifice's. Like Alloy forks, oversize stem and bars etc.

I want the pro frame soo bad! Will they be sold seperately, and how much? Also would Moore and Large still be distributing them?

From personal experience, on hold and bite the Onza disc brake out performs my hope and many of my friends bb7's, the brake lever isn't the greatest in the world so change that and you'll all be sorted.

They all look so good.

I also like the fact how sticky fingers are only present on the Rip, its a good improvement to see every model with Creepy's as standard.

Yes you will be able to buy the Comp frame separately (same as the Pro and Blade) Moore Large will be distributing them still and I think they will sell for around £179.

Nice work (Y)

These are really impressive ! Like you said about the beginners thing. Parents ring you etc... Well seems to me new riders will defenatly be getting more of a professional bike than a starter bike. These are really good!

Specs look cool and over all frame design is good! Idea of loosing the "T" is pretty awesome too, makes it sound more professional!

Grips are also spot on! Not to mention how you've designed these with dual disc as well as magura option.

Carn't wait to see the final production pro series frames :D

Well done...

bikes looking good.

thank god for dropping the previous T-bird designs, they were really off putting for beginners i thought, the ex-t-pro frames on the beginners range seems so much more appealing.

im surprised at the prices too they are not over the top, considering all (or most) 2009 bikes will see either a 25% inflation in price or same price as previous years but only with DOWNGRADED parts, and this is taken from leading manufacturers' price lists and spec. this is all due to inflation in fuel/raw material costs.... 2009 is a bad year for bike industry.

but kudos to onza to bring out a good range for a bad year.

steve