Echo Sl Range

JonMack

My Dad works in engineering, and the price of all metals is going up. Stainless steel has increased massively in price, so soon enough we'll be looking at frames that last year cost £300 soon cost £400-500 he reckons.

Unfortunately we're running out, I'm not certain but I think metals are non renewable? When we've empied the ground of the ores then thats it.

Yeah, that's the trade-off - light frames = butted tubes = more cost. Combined with increased raw materials cost I think the price is has come out very reasonably.

Ahhh right. So have you actually got the pictures ;)

MUEL: I think your righ about the non renewable thing there, Im not entirely sure though.

But if what you say is true then wtf are we going to do for bikes in future? lol

And when you say future Im guessing its no time soon? 100 years or a great amount more right?

Edited by Abdab

(Y)

Hence the massive increase in people nicking road signs etc to weigh them in!

Abdab: I haven't got any more pics than on the Echo site just yet, no.

Thought so.

Oh and ok. I trust youll inform us of any updates anyways so all gravey. As well as building up a really nice bike with all the parts :)

Thanks (Y)

Edited by Abdab

Ahhh right. So have you actually got the pictures ;)

MUEL: I think your righ about the non renewable thing there, Im not entirely sure though.

But if what you say is true then wtf are we going to do for bikes in future? lol

And when you say future Im guessing its no time soon? 100 years or a great amount more right?

Start keeping all of our old frames ? :shifty:

If the prices are set to be this high im quitting....

I like trials but were talking the price of a cheap car just for a frame its just plain f**king stupid

Just don't break your bike :lol: lets not forget how economy worldwide has impacted on this. Edited by Rusevelt

My Dad works in engineering, and the price of all metals is going up. Stainless steel has increased massively in price, so soon enough we'll be looking at frames that last year cost £300 soon cost £400-500 he reckons.

Unfortunately we're running out, I'm not certain but I think metals are non renewable? When we've empied the ground of the ores then thats it.

don't think that will happen any time soon................................

as for material going up in price.............tell me about it, cheap titanium............£104 per kg

I didn't know how far off it was or anything, I was just wondering if that could be a possible reason for the price rise of metals. (Y)

Anyway back on topic, I really like the look of those rims, I just might have to buy a pair one day. :P

Yea and all our pay packets have gone up to conpensate for that.....
:lol: your right there. just save your money until the 2010 jan sales...because if the economy doesn't improve throughout 2009, retailers will be force to make even earlier price cuts. Edited by Rusevelt