Nick Hobbs (hobbsie)

thefletch

Well it was a beautiful ceremony and the Coffin was superb, I bet Hobbsie loved it! It was nice to see so many of you again, albeit a huge shame regarding the circumstances. I'd like to extend a big thanks to Jonny Jones on behalf of the Islanders for helping us back to the ferry!

RIP Nick.

• 6 months later...

i went to the petrol station today, and just as i was about to pay, i newpaper caught my eye (the news, portsmouth) with a big picture of hobbsie on the front cover, and an article about him on page 3. it explained that his killer was only given 12 months community service, and a 12 month driving ban. at first i thought it was pretty disgusting, then i read a statement written by mr and mrs hobbs, saying how much they miss their son, and how his death was such a big impact to everyone. but they went on to say that if it were the other way round and hobbsie had killed someone, no amount of jail sentence could bring nick back.

when i get a chance i will scan the paper up, needless to say i bought the paper...

i went to the petrol station today, and just as i was about to pay, i newpaper caught my eye (the news, portsmouth) with a big picture of hobbsie on the front cover, and an article about him on page 3. it explained that his killer was only given 12 months community service, and a 12 month driving ban. at first i thought it was pretty disgusting, then i read a statement written by mr and mrs hobbs, saying how much they miss their son, and how his death was such a big impact to everyone. but they went on to say that if it were the other way round and hobbsie had killed someone, no amount of jail sentence could bring nick back.

when i get a chance i will scan the paper up, needless to say i bought the paper...

WTF!! thats is so f**king shit that is nothing compared to what the driver has done to his family and friends i never personaly knew him bu by the sounds of it he was a legend!!! thats true no matter how many years in jail will bring nick back but he didnt even go to jail!!

nicks family must be fuming with the 'justice' system surely theres something that can be done about it!

R.I.P nick

Fair point, I think before people jump in saying "its disgusting" Remeber no-one really knows the full details of the accident and maybe it was a genuine accident, with trajic circumstances. If what Ash says is right I have true respect for Hobsies parents to see the incident from the other side of the fence and recognise that.

Such a trajic accident - rest in peace Nick man x