Nick Hobbs (hobbsie)

thefletch

Hi everyone

I have just had a phone call from Adam Spendlove. Late last night Hobbsie was killed in an accident. We don't know the full story inside out, but the crux of it is somebody reversed off their driveway without seeing Hobbsie on his bike, Hobbsie had no hope of stopping and hit the car; I believe he was proounced dead at the scene. Adam has been in contact with the family and a book of condonence has been setup.

Hobbsie hadn't really been riding much for the last couple of years or so, so alot of the newbies here will probably not know him, but I know alot of the 'original TF riders' who have been here from the start know him and what a great person he was.

The horrible thing is that after not seeing him for weeks (and not riding with him for months), we were supposed to be having a little reunion ride in pompey yesterday, but it was decided we would put it back to next weekend as fletch is on holiday at the moment......

Please feel free to upload any photos you may have of him, I am going to have a hunt on my computer now...

Thanks, Joe

Not many people know of Nick Hobbs but for those who do will tell you what a funny easy going guy he is. He was an amazing rider and never boasted about anything.

As much as i cant believe it, Nick Hobbs passed away in ther early hours of last night. He was riding his new motorbike when a car pulled out on him. He was in a bad way and later died in hospital.

Ive spoken to his sisters who i know very well and as you can imagine they are incredibly upset. Nick was only 19 and had just got his motorbike which he wanted for so long. At the moment no one knows whats going on but if anyone knew nick and wants to know anything pm me.

No matter how much i play the accident scene through my head i still cant believe it, and its another tragic loss to the trials scene :)

R.I.P, going to miss you man xx

post-7603-1219666733_thumb.jpg

I didnt want to go into detail but for the ones he kewn him and what to know what happened....

he was on a bike ride with his mate when some one who had been at the pub all day pulled out in the car park, nick stopped breathing but got resussitated and went on on life support. He was in such a bad way me and his mates were forbidden to see him not even his sisters. He later passed away. His parents are in birmingham but have been informed.

Every one who knew him was at the scene and not one of us can accept hes gone, we had all planned to go out today.

Realy hasnt sunk in whats happened, I had just got my trials bike working with the help onf nick and we were talkin about going riding to get him back into it.

R.I.P

xxx

I didnt want to go into detail but for the ones he kewn him and what to know what happened....

he was on a bike ride with his mate when some one who had been at the pub all day pulled out in the car park, nick stopped breathing but got resussitated and went on on life support. He was in such a bad way me and his mates were forbidden to see him not even his sisters. He later passed away. His parents are in birmingham but have been informed.

Every one who knew him was at the scene and not one of us can accept hes gone, we had all planned to go out today.

Realy hasnt sunk in whats happened, I had just got my trials bike working with the help onf nick and we were talkin about going riding to get him back into it.

R.I.P

xxx

Good to see the guy has been arrested, moron...

i heard about this early hours this morning around 1:00 as i was phoned by liam beavis (spindle) who was told and has phoned me.

me and callum went down to the shop earlier today in wich spendlove works to see if he had heard, he then phoned hobbsies mobile, and found out for himself.

anyway R.I.P hobbsie

Hobbsie was always such a laugh. I always hoped we'd cross paths again and in fact I was asking James Porter about how he was just a few weeks back. Although it's been several years since I last saw him, his positive character had clearly stuck in my mind. I'm sorry such a desirable individual didn't get a longer life.

Edited by rowly