Trials Forum

Extreme_biker0

How do you qualify to be a senior member? I've been here for 6 years now and still not a senior

You have to be a Chosen One, voted in by a council of elders, stretched to the limits of your physical and mental limits to prove yourself worthy, then perform Neo style trials by making the perceived world around you bend to meet your tyres.

Only then Grasshopper, can you truely be a senior member.

What about pre-TF? I remember downloading videos in 1996, American stuff, Ot Pi as well. Watching trials back then simply blew me away, as until then I had no idea that kind of stuff was possible on a bicycle. Then 1997 onwards, reading MBUK, following the Martins and Hans Rey. Back when that magazine was my only source of trials information, and when videos like TandS and Revolution truely opened my eyes to the possibilities. I think back then it was fun, because on rare occasions you'd be out riding and would meet other riders. Sometimes it'd be a bit stand-offish, other times we'd just ride together for the day.

Notable people I met were Luke and the original London riders, a guy called Alex on a white Saracen from Kent or East London who was awesome back then, a guy called Rich or something on a DMR from out Littlehampton way.

Damn, remembering when you'd see someone backhopping on the spot and just be totally blown away by it... homemade DCDs... painting my old Raleigh blue and yellow like Ashton's Cannondale... I'd better have my medication and a nap now I think...

What about pre-TF? I remember downloading videos in 1996, American stuff, Ot Pi as well. Watching trials back then simply blew me away, as until then I had no idea that kind of stuff was possible on a bicycle. Then 1997 onwards, reading MBUK, following the Martins and Hans Rey. Back when that magazine was my only source of trials information, and when videos like TandS and Revolution truely opened my eyes to the possibilities. I think back then it was fun, because on rare occasions you'd be out riding and would meet other riders. Sometimes it'd be a bit stand-offish, other times we'd just ride together for the day.

Notable people I met were Luke and the original London riders, a guy called Alex on a white Saracen from Kent or East London who was awesome back then, a guy called Rich or something on a DMR from out Littlehampton way.

Damn, remembering when you'd see someone backhopping on the spot and just be totally blown away by it... homemade DCDs... painting my old Raleigh blue and yellow like Ashton's Cannondale... I'd better have my medication and a nap now I think...

Was there a video called revolution? I remember evolution, and contact, as being 2 of the early vids I had. Both good vids, Reed Merchat, but the riding was very tame compared to what you see nowadays.

And so true, who didn;t have a home made Dave's Chain Device. They were so expensive for what they were though if I remember right.

Was there a video called revolution? I remember evolution Evolve , and contact, as being 2 of the early vids I had. Both good vids, Reed Merchat, but the riding was very tame compared to what you see nowadays.

And so true, who didn;t have a home made Dave's Chain Device. They were so expensive for what they were though if I remember right.

And yeah there was a Revolution I've got it on tape ha ha.

Evolve was awesome! I've kept my VHS copy as it was signed by Reed at Bike 2001...

Speaking of Evolve, Chilli Video sold out at Bike 2001 on the Saturday, and had to get more from the warehouse for Sunday. The final totting up showed that more copies had been sold in 3 days at the Bike Show, than had been sold in 8 months in the US/Canada...

I bought that one too I think. Unlike most people (it would seem) I wasn't all that enthusiastic about Reed Merschat's lack of editing style. However, the standard of the riding spoke for itself. Sure, Leech's bikes always sounded like a sack of spanners, but back then I just hadn't seen moves so big.

And yes, Chris R should definitely get the blame for the long, low and silver revolution.

Sure did, back when a 10mb video would take hours to download. Trialskings videos took foreeeeeeeever.

The Lance Trappe "He dented it in with his arse" quote from Evolve was priceless. That was the first non-Martyn-and-Martin video I got, and it was pretty crazy. Tricks and Stunts was pretty much watched every day of the week for years though. Too good.