Christmas Time...sort Of:p

JohnBanks

I hate how consumer orientated Christmas is. I get asked what I want, and I genuinely want nothing!

yea ive given 2 DVD idea's to my gf... and now im f**ked i genrally dont want anything. I work so if i really really want anything then i go out and buy it myself. But genrally its a case of dont NEED it go without. (except trainers)

Might ask for some new pants

4 days ago i saw xmas decorations on a house.

My Grandmas next door neighbor has been putting her decorations up in August and taking them down in may for the past 10 years, i'm not just talking a bit of tinsel and some fairy lights, she has loads of light up Santa clause's, reindears etc in her garden and a jingle bells door chime.

She is about 100 but still :P

My Grandmas next door neighbor has been putting her decorations up in August and taking them down in may for the past 10 years, i'm not just talking a bit of tinsel and some fairy lights, she has loads of light up Santa clause's, reindears etc in her garden and a jingle bells door chime.

She is about 100 but still :P

Maybe if we cancel christmas, she will die?

Screw presents, it's the christmas dinner is where its at.....

Agreed! I haven't really asked for anything for the last 2 years, its grown off me. But I prefer it as I never know what random things my parents will get me (normally random small things like a helicopter alarm clock (another pointless but funny stuff)). I would rather have a bit of money to go into a savers account for uni. But yeah like everyone else has said, give it 2 months! Christmas sales hasn't started yet and that what christmas basically is to people these days!

4 days ago i saw xmas decorations on a house.

The mince pies are stacking up in supermarkets. What a farce!! We'll be sick of it by the time we even reach November!

Things to avoid doing at Christmas time:

1) Buying cards. Send e-cards, make your own or recycle old ones.

2) Buying those giant cards for the girl who you've been with for 2 months and therefore 'love'.

3) Spend an entire month's pay on presents for relatives or unappreciating kids.

4) Saying bent things like 'I don't feel Christmassy this year', just like you did last year.

5) Buying Woolworth's pic'n'mix*

6) Send text messages to your entire phone book wishing them well / telling them what you got.

7) Drugs.

Things to do at Christmas time:

1) Lay a bear trap at the bottom of the chimney - let's get this one cleared up once and for all, eh?

2) Stockpile strong cider (or Special Brew) to use as anaesthetic against people you don't want to entertain.

3) Escape as soon as possible - a topical suggestion would be to go and ride your bike.

(*For a while Woolworth's were selling the sweets in tubs, big or small priced £2.99 and £1.99 respectively. This represented far better value for money that buying by weight. Often though you'd see some idiot put about three sweets in the paper bags, which, admittedly, have a certain nostalgic value to them, and then get it weighed in and pay about £5. At some point the pots disappeared, and I felt compelled to write to Woolworth's. The reply informed me that under the Weights and Measures Act, they are unable to sell by volume and by weight. This sounds like absolute tosh to me, and I shall be digging further until either I find out the truth or Woolworth's send me enough vouchers to buy a bag full of sweets.)

The mince pies are stacking up in supermarkets. What a farce!! We'll be sick of it by the time we even reach November!

Things to avoid doing at Christmas time:

1) Buying cards. Send e-cards, make your own or recycle old ones.

2) Buying those giant cards for the girl who you've been with for 2 months and therefore 'love'.

3) Spend an entire month's pay on presents for relatives or unappreciating kids.

4) Saying bent things like 'I don't feel Christmassy this year', just like you did last year.

5) Buying Woolworth's pic'n'mix*

6) Send text messages to your entire phone book wishing them well / telling them what you got.

7) Drugs.

Things to do at Christmas time:

1) Lay a bear trap at the bottom of the chimney - let's get this one cleared up once and for all, eh?

2) Stockpile strong cider (or Special Brew) to use as anaesthetic against people you don't want to entertain.

3) Escape as soon as possible - a topical suggestion would be to go and ride your bike.

(*For a while Woolworth's were selling the sweets in tubs, big or small priced £2.99 and £1.99 respectively. This represented far better value for money that buying by weight. Often though you'd see some idiot put about three sweets in the paper bags, which, admittedly, have a certain nostalgic value to them, and then get it weighed in and pay about £5. At some point the pots disappeared, and I felt compelled to write to Woolworth's. The reply informed me that under the Weights and Measures Act, they are unable to sell by volume and by weight. This sounds like absolute tosh to me, and I shall be digging further until either I find out the truth or Woolworth's send me enough vouchers to buy a bag full of sweets.)

Word

Lol, that woolworths thing sounds like bollocks.

If they're not allowed to sell by volume AND weight, then, why did they not just weigh the sweets in the pots and sell it with the weight on it.