Christmas Time...sort Of:p

JohnBanks

sorry to piss on your bonfire, but Santa ain't real!

only joking i swear i heard his slay bells ringing last year on Christmas eve. :-

I'm not going to ask for much this year, maybe a bike for every day of the week, an ipod and a hooker.

I'm 22, i don't really have allot to look forward to any more at crimbo or birthdays apart from cake, i wish i could share your enthusiasm.

its not that bad no, your parents bought you a 2005 bike, and are now updating it for you, because its too old?

god id be lucky if my mum bought me a new pair of enduro trousers for crimbo, let alone another bike.

I've got a 1988 Yamaha TY250R, imagine a 2005 GasGas not being good enough. :lol:

My Yam is good enough for me, I could have upgraded it all last year, I had the money in the bank, but it's just too much fun.

So its Christmas time soon... well soon as it’s within a couple of months, I’m pretty stuck on what I should get, I was thinking The new IPod touch or a new camcorder or something along those lines. I have my bike completely sorted to be fair so no need for trials parts etc... I could get a BMX but is it worth it? So what you reckon I should get? What are you thinking of getting? I need inspiration. Depending on what I get I will have a price limit if I was to get a camcorder it would be like £400ish and like a BMX would be about £300 as i can save some money up towards it. So what to get:P

I hate how consumer orientated Christmas is. I get asked what I want, and I genuinely want nothing! I hate the way parents are guilted into spending money on (often undeserving) kids, queueing up in Argos trying to split some astronomical bill over about 3 credit cards... It's not that I'm religious (trust me, I'm really not), just that I hate the way that some people see it as 'this day when I get things'. Like Valentine's Day and every other one of these over marketed 'special days', where people feel pressured to spend the most, buy the biggest card and do the most extravagant things as if it proves something.

If I ever have a kid, he's getting told f'ck off you're not having it, you can go and cut the lawn on Christmas day and I might give you enough money for a bag of chips, 'cos you sure 'as hell ain't getting Christmas dinner you little sod. Now get out of my sight.

If I ever have a kid, he's getting told f'ck off you're not having it, you can go and cut the lawn on Christmas day and I might give you enough money for a bag of chips, 'cos you sure 'as hell ain't getting Christmas dinner you little sod. Now get out of my sight.

F**king good man! That is gold!

I'd rather not have to buy anyone christmas presents this year, I need to save my money

haha :P

That makes me sound proper tight, but I've yet to pay for my car.

I'll be happy with something well thought.

Something well thought out like a GF. ^_^lol

Seeing as how my dad's now moved out, christmas is going to be a little different this time around.

I remember watching a T.V. show in January about how some parents get into £5k+ of debt over Christmas because their children demand ipods and games consoles etc. If I was said parent I tell the kid to get stuffed, if I didn't have the cash to spare. Sod getting in debt for your kid to be greedy.

I haven't asked my parents for anything in recent years as if I want something I'll buy it myself. I still look forward to Christmas though as it's generally a merry day in my household, with early morning drinking and family fun. Plus laughing at my sister who's 25 and still acts like a 5 year old on christmas morning.

I haven't asked my parents for anything in recent years as if I want something I'll buy it myself. I still look forward to Christmas though as it's generally a merry day in my household, with early morning drinking and family fun. Plus laughing at my sister who's 25 and still acts like a 5 year old on christmas morning.

:lol: My sisters the exact same! She is also 25 (I think..) She's just moved out thou, so I dunno what christmas will be like this year! Probably be no different, no doubt she'll move back in for the season...

Nothing quite like getting bladdered at 10am, telling your close friends and family to f**k off before walking into a door, spraying blood and drool everywhere before tripping up backwards and landing on a table, smashing it to peices...the table that once held the Christmas dinner for the entire family, then passing out for a good 6 hours....'Tis the Season!

True Story :)

(not me, a friend of mine)