Pashley Reynolds 853 T45 Frame Available

r2wtrials

Hey guys,

There are several good reasons for having the disc mount in that place; First of all the caliper itself is far less vulnerable to being whacked. Riding natural it gets whacked whatever side its on, so having the dropout in the way helps in that respect. Secondly, when the mount was in the conventional place, the disc actually twists the wheel slightly in the dropouts when severe forces are put through it. Having it in this position actually stops the wheel moving whatever direction of force is put through the brake. Thirdly, it looks pretty funky when its built!

If theres enough demand for these frames, then there may be some other things in the pipeline...

Watch this space!

Tim.

it does make sense having it on the front, although ive never hi9t my front calliper i have noticed that no matter how straight its set up it doesn twist slightly through use, especially on front wheel gaps etc.its a bit funky too.

but yes, having had an original ghz, to go to 1100 does seem a huge jump, i would have thought a 1080 wb frame would have been a happy medium and enough of a modernisation of the original frame.

If only it had a seat post hole thingy, and was a little bit cheaper! And more streety geo! As i love pashley frames, and the factory is litterally about a 1 minute walk from my work!

Make a cheap, steel, 24", with a saddle and ill buy one!! And collect it :D

OWen

Hey guys,

Secondly, when the mount was in the conventional place, the disc actually twists the wheel slightly in the dropouts when severe forces are put through it. Having it in this position actually stops the wheel moving whatever direction of force is put through the brake.

Tim.

Yeah but you're the only person who puts that much force through the wheel.

Glad they're finally bringing it out although I think I preferred the proto as this feels much shorter than 1100 and the headangle feels slacker than 72 deg.

Good to see they're bringing out fork options as well - may be tempted when mine go (as long as thet've run out of orange paint by then).

• 2 months later...