I Guess Gordon Will Be Walking To Work...

M-i-t-c-h

In that artical it says "obesity affects us all"

How? surely it just affects the lazy people who cant be arsed exercising and eating truck loads of food, everyone i know who is obese is lazy and eats too much and/or the wrong kind of food.

stupid scheme and whats stoping the fattys driving then walking into the school and using this card system..

the only way it affects us all is schemes like this where tax payers have to pay for...

In that artical it says "obesity affects us all"

Straning the NHS because there are so many fat bitches plodding arround, which is getting raped out your taxes?

A far cheap option would be to make bullying obease people compulsary at all times, shatter their self confidence till they eat less. Free simple and 90% of people would love it

You wouldn't want to be stuck in an elevator with a fatty then.

It's a good idea but will it really help? I read an article recently about how much we pay for keeping fat people alive and the sum was staggering. But there's a simpler solution to end this problem - fit hospitals with very narrow doors.

I'm up for the narrow doors option (Y) haha, I think escalators and lifts should have narrow entrances too, if you can't fit through you need the exercise.

It is true though, people always bitch about how its not there fault and its just the way they are, but I don't know anyone who's properly large and isn't clearly and noticeably lazier than the average person. Sure there's a few people who are a bit wide because their parents are big but you can tell the difference, from the way they look, and the way they're ill a lot less.

The true reason kids of fat parents are fat themselves is because the parents feed the kids too much.

True, I wasn't really meaning they were fat, but I know a few people who no matter how skinny they became, would never really appear skinny, as there hips/shoulders would still be huge.

fatties affect us all

One big thing for me, is in rush hour in and around London, you can't get your bike on the train, but they still allow fat people onto the trains. In all seriousness, my bike takes up the space of one SLIM person and i can lean up against it and move it all about without getting arrested for sexual assult, so why the f**k do they let fatties on the train at the same time? They take up 2 peoples space at least, most fatties take up 1 and a half to 2 seats too. They should have to pay 2 trainfares and fatty tax (34.5%).

You should make them ride your bike to the next station and meet you there with it (Y) That way they get much needed exercise and you get your bike where you wanted it. its win win.

If you want to help fat people, steel there food and run away, that way they get less food and exercise chasing you.

I don't know anyone who's properly large and isn't clearly and noticeably lazier than the average person.

Well, there are a few large trials riders, so it's not all down to laziness. But then, those guys are fit despite being large so they don't really come under the negative meaning of a fat person. It's sometimes genetic, but the majority of fat people just eat way too much and move way too little.

A morbidly obese tax would be a good idea, it'd be easy to enforce it as well. Policemen wouldn't have a problem with spotting the culprits on the street eh?

Well, there are a few large trials riders, so it's not all down to laziness. But then, those guys are fit despite being large so they don't really come under the negative meaning of a fat person. It's sometimes genetic, but the majority of fat people just eat way too much and move way too little.

I am glad somebody said this! I agree that i am a larger person but i don't realy see myself as a fat person due to the stuff i do, i mean you don't see many 20st people riding trials or road for example :P

I do agree that there are alot of people out there that could actualy do something about their weight but are just too lazy to do it, which makes no sence in my head as it will kill them in the end, i will admit that i maybe do not do as much excercise as i should, but even when i do i struggle to loose weight.

Adam

On the latest Ricky Gervais podcasts, they where talking about the issues of obesity. Could we not have some sort of cattle grid system seperating the healthy items and fattier/luxury items at supermarkets etc? Thin doors seperating food types would surely help the situation....

I want to know what they are going to class as fat? what does your bmi have to be? I think its a shit idea and im pissed off that my tax goes on this, what pisses me off even more is i'm very sure there will be a strong correlation between people seeking "walking rewards" and the individuals on unemployment benefits. They should not pay out any funds to people that are seeking unemployment benefits.

They say that we need to set an example to our children with eating habits etc, what example does this set? ... become fat so you can be paid to walk places?

Some one should be shot, and i'm looking in the direction of Alan Johnson....