Coke Or Pepsi

Papa Manual

Coke or Pepsi Motherf*ckers  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it to be?

• Coke
    • Pepsi

Cola bottles are called cola bottles because they taste of cola, which is the type of drink.

Hence the name Coke-Cola and Pepsi-Cola.

Anyway, if your mixing drinks there should be no way you can taste any coke over the Wray and Nephews you have mixed it with anyway. :shifty:

Pepsi Max and Coke Zero taste rank.

Have you ever eaten one of those little sweetener tablets?

They both taste like they're made with that instead of sugar, which, fair enough, but it just tastes shite.

As for diet drinks, they both feel thin to me, and the flavour's just not there. They also taste shit. Diet over Max/Zero though.

Sometimes I'll get coke, for the slightly sharper, fizzier flavour.

Sometimes I'll get pepsi, for the slightly softer, flatter flavour.

Pepsi is normally on better offers, which results in me buying pepsi.

Bring back vanilla and orange coke! Especially orange coke, that shit was divine :)

Oh, yes, and seeing as I don't prefer either, I can't vote. :(

Edited by Revolver

I collect coke from around the world, and they definitely all taste completely different.

bust a pic of your collection! also, jarrod you are talking out of your hat :P... most bars/clubs i have worked in have actually had pepsi, and no where stocks bottled/canned coke as its stupidly expensive compared to post mix syrup...

might i suggest you stick to waffling on about cars :P

Ben

Edited by Ben Cox

We switched from Coke to Pepsi at the pub I work at, I seriously couldnt care less. They are both nice, if I were to drink diet id rather coke but normal stuff I dont care for one over the other. Alot of pubs/bars/clubs will do pepsi by the gun rather then coke because the size of the postmix syrup boxes and the fact that you can get tango and stuff aswell.

I can taste the difference, and I ALWAYS send it back if it's watered down or comes out of a machine.

Well then any coke you have ever got you should have sent back, thats how its sold out of the bottle or cans

Surely you'd notice the taste difrerence ? In my eyes it's like having Cloudy lemonade or Sprite.

The thing is with a spirit it doesnt actually make that much difference, yeah you can taste the difference between the two but its more about the spirit in the drink. I see no one is complaining about the difference between Coke's lemonade brand and Whites lemonade which is affiliated with Pepsi. They taste very different to me

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?

I'm at uni at the moment and the collections at home. I always get friends/family to bring me back a bottle or can from wherever they go on holiday/travelling/business etc. It's got suprisingly large suprisingly fast. My friend went travelling in East Asia and brought back a few realy cool tins and a Korean glass bottle, and my girlfriend went on a trip around Europe for her history Alevel last Winter and brought backa bottle from each country. I think i may have put a photo of my collection up last year when I had a busted ankle, but it's much bigger now!

I also drink a lot of coke normally. I'm currently sat next to a pyramid of coke cans containing 165 empty tins (triangular base, 9 cans wide, 9 cans tall) Which has been constructed in less than 3 weeks, since 6packs of coke have been 2 for £2.75 at the co-op.

Good Poll...

But I have my love for both. I think Pepsi has more of that 'cheap' taste but it's nice when you don't want to feel bloated because its rather flat.

However, I have a very fond fetish for the last bits of coke at the bottom of the bottle....when its warm and very extremely flat.

Coke with Lemon is where its at though.

I find Coke just leaves a horrid after taste that doesn't refresh you at all. It tastes like rotten veg i swear. But ice cold Pespi is a winner, refreshing, easy to drink and no gacky after taste.

I'm at uni at the moment and the collections at home. I always get friends/family to bring me back a bottle or can from wherever they go on holiday/travelling/business etc. It's got suprisingly large suprisingly fast. My friend went travelling in East Asia and brought back a few realy cool tins and a Korean glass bottle, and my girlfriend went on a trip around Europe for her history Alevel last Winter and brought backa bottle from each country. I think i may have put a photo of my collection up last year when I had a busted ankle, but it's much bigger now!

I also drink a lot of coke normally. I'm currently sat next to a pyramid of coke cans containing 165 empty tins (triangular base, 9 cans wide, 9 cans tall) Which has been constructed in less than 3 weeks, since 6packs of coke have been 2 for £2.75 at the co-op.

Oh and Sam, i hope you clean your teeth :giggle:

I've got turkish glass bottles of coke, diet coke, and coke zero...

I think I have a turkish pepsi too.

Empty, mind :)

Neither

tv_rotten-teeth_22se.jpg

The best coke ever comes from france. It's much sweeter than British coke. British coke is probably the 2nd nicest in my opinion. German coke is pretty similar though. Slightly fizzier. American coke is nice but haca different flavour. Arabic coke is really syrupy. Russian and most Eas European cokes have a slightly spicy taste and arent as sweet or fizzy. Chinese coke is reasonably ok, all other east asian coke I've tried is really strange, kindof bitter and really, really fizzy.

Pepsi is just shit, no matter where it comes from.

Have you been to Epcot too?

But how many pubs/bars are actually serving you Pepsi rather than Coke?

No, they prefer Coke because Pepsi tastes shit, so nobody professional uses it as a mixer.

Wrong again Mr. Pash, Its because coke is a registered trademark name, and so if anyone comes to the bar and says, "can i have a vodka and coke" then if the bar only sells pepsi then they are legally obliged to say "sorry sir we dont sell coke, but we sell pepsi" let be honest who ever asks for a vodka and cola, or vodka and pepsi honestly?

So to keep it simple bars usually just sell coke, so they dont have to keep correcting people, or run the risk of a barman not correcting the customer and being sued by coke for breach of trademark.

Wrong again Mr. Pash, Its because coke is a registered trademark name, and so if anyone comes to the bar and says, "can i have a vodka and coke" then if the bar only sells pepsi then they are legally obliged to say "sorry sir we dont sell coke, but we sell pepsi" let be honest who ever asks for a vodka and cola, or vodka and pepsi honestly?

So to keep it simple bars usually just sell coke, so they dont have to keep correcting people, or run the risk of a barman not correcting the customer and being sued by coke for breach of trademark.

haha didnt know that! every jd/vod/archers/soco/rum/etc and coke ive served has been pepsi! and i havent told them shit!

Well when we had Pepsi installed we had no guidelines about telling people, the only reason we switched because of the bigger post mix boxes.

The syrup one is better. Expensive stuff though, where I used to work it was about £45 for a box of the "post mix" as its called. Tastes nice though.

People usually ask for coke as its been drilled into them.

Yeah but the amount of coke you get out of it is rediculous