Be Part Of The Biggest Trials Street Ride

JackMeek

when ever theres a big ride though most of the time people split up and go different ways but i spose if hermance and kenny are gonna be there people are going to want to just watch and be amazed at the skill level i remember the last big one (that i went to) security tried getting us to move on from the sloped walls, had bessell just abusing her was too funny

lolage well surely if hermance and kenny etc are coming i think that we wont be moved on just that we 'be carefull' mind you they wont be able to move us on lol

any news on parking??

tris

Only if we get the usual little chavs following us around like leeches on their cheapo looking mtbs asking us to do wheelies and giving attitude to local police, security, and just generally causing a scene. Its those little losers that give trials a bad rap.

not saying you're out of touch, but riding in London is very different to a few years ago in the staples era.. it might even be best if we don't go to the city, the police seem to have more power now than they did...

Totally agree with you dude, giving them an advance warning of what we're doing doesn't seem to be the best card to play. They're pretty hot on it even when there's a relatively small ride - one last year ended up with us getting chased out of St. Paul's by a few police horses, followed by some vans all over the place when we got to the roads. Only 15 or so of us were riding there at that point, too :P

Meh, whatever happens, it'll be sweet. Anyone on 24's, prepare to have me come and introduce myself, and probably follow you around all day taking mental notes on how to do this thing!!

Edited by Marvin the Martian

lolage well surely if hermance and kenny etc are coming i think that we wont be moved on just that we 'be carefull' mind you they wont be able to move us on lol

any news on parking??

tris

You think the police are gonna know who Vincent and Kenny are, or care about their achievements within the sport. The police will class all of us the same: Males of various ages that rides bikes causing criminal damage. It doesn't matter if you don't damage a thing, the police still see it as damage, because apparently your rubber tyres cause where on the brick walls you ride on and concrete blocks you've been gapping across.

Biggest load of crap ever, but as far as the police are concerned it's still damage.

Finger's crossed we get no hassle, but given the expected turn out it is pretty expected to be moved.

The one thing that will help us, no matter whether were all in a big group or a few smaller groups.

If the police, security guard(s) or any other authoritised person/people approach us, be friendly and polite and move on if asked to do so. Anyone causing agro, will cause problems for themselves and the rest of the rider's about, particularly with the police, as they'll be more than happy to issue a fine or take your bike off you.

I've been on many London ride's, though yet to see someone have their bike confiscated, I have seen plenty of rider's have their details taken down and been issued fine's. So in your interest just be observant, if you see the police about, let other's know, if needs be move on before being confronted by the police.

This will make everyones day far more enjoyable, as knowone likes being hassled when out riding.

cant the police give you a fine on the spot as well and you have to pay up, if so anyone know how much. i just dont wanna be like i dont have any money on me (like usual) and i just get arsed raped by police because i couldnt pay the fine

i remember we was riding on st pauls side by the river and police chased everyone part from me and a kid and asked me if i knew anyone that ran off lol they took my details and tried fining me but the only problem for them was i wasnt actually on my bike, i was sitting on the wall have lunch and a ciggy so :P to them basically

but i say if we do get hassle from police just be polite and all that business sure they dont want hassle either, and if we run were just gonna get into more trouble

but i say if we do get hassle from police just be polite and all that business sure they dont want hassle either, and if we run were just gonna get into more trouble

Its not exactly like we want to hassle them, but I think we will anyway, 200+ people on bikes is enough to cause disruption to the public, especially when we all first meet up.

cant the police give you a fine on the spot as well and you have to pay up, if so anyone know how much. i just dont wanna be like i dont have any money on me (like usual) and i just get arsed raped by police because i couldnt pay the fine

i remember we was riding on st pauls side by the river and police chased everyone part from me and a kid and asked me if i knew anyone that ran off lol they took my details and tried fining me but the only problem for them was i wasnt actually on my bike, i was sitting on the wall have lunch and a ciggy so :P to them basically

They can fine you on the spot and most likely will rather than doing it by post. However you don't pay the officer. You have to phone the local fines department to make your payment. It used to be a bonus if you were stopped by the police in a different town to your's, normally because it would involve extra paperwork, cos they have to file it at their station then forward on to your local station, so they never bothered with it and just gave warning's, but now it they seem to be more keen on issuing on the spot fines.

Its not exactly like we want to hassle them, but I think we will anyway, 200+ people on bikes is enough to cause disruption to the public, especially when we all first meet up.

The main problem with 200+ rider's is that London is a busy place anyway, full of locals and tourist's, so if you add 200+ rider's to the mix, especially along South Bank and Tate Modern areas, then it causes fear to the general public. They see someone on a bike, they can manage, they see a group of people on bike's and all hell breaks loose, they move out the way but so do you and so almost collide, people feel threatened when there is a group of cyclist not on the road, so they phone the police and make it sound worse than it is.

If everyone is courteous whilst riding between spots and also at the spots, then the general public can get along fine, with out anyone having to say a bad word.

Simple thing to do is to not rush around and squeel your brakes, as we've got all day to ride, just take your time, relax and enjoy a great day's riding that has been organised by Jack and Joe.

The mistake a lot of people make is in trying to ride from Southbank to Tate along the river. There's not really any spots directly between them, but people go along the river anyway, which is always busy and hectic as piss. If you just take the backroad that runs parallel to the Thames Path from by Southbank to Blackfriars Bridge, then follow the main road 'til the first left after the railbridge on Southwark Road, you end up by where everyone rides at Tate, without any of the hassle of riding along the river. It's so, so much better, and you'd probably have to be significantly mentally handicapped to get lost doing so, as you're literally following the normal path, just one road over.

Regarding free parking: It's a weekend, so the roads inside the green triangles are good. Webber St, between Waterloo Road and Blackfriars Bridge Road in particular is a good spot - free on the weekends, and pretty safe areas too. They're also less than a 2 minute ride from Southbank for added Major Win™.

post-91-1234206631_thumb.jpg

Webber St's also easy to reach from most directions, as it's easily accessible from coming in from the M4 (As you literally follow the M4 onto the A4, then turn right to go towards Hammersmith/Earls Court, then follow the river round), and it's close to the South Circular too, so it'd probably be a good one to aim for. Always lots of spaces too.

Metro

London lite

The gaurdian

The Times

Mayor of london

The Standard

Time Out

Daily Mail

The Express

The independant

The sun

Extrem TV

BBC

What actual Mr Johnson himself, as in he is going to make an appearance...? =O

In that case I shall be wearing my Boris shirt.....

post-11932-1234215111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Scarlet

I can back this up, the residents of the Barbican centre love to watch trials riders from their windows!

Yep I think the Barbican is a good shout! Its a massive open space, plently of room and walls etc. in a complex.. sounds perfect!!! ;)

They're pretty hot on it even when there's a relatively small ride - one last year ended up with us getting chased out of St. Paul's by a few police horses, followed by some vans all over the place when we got to the roads.

Na its fine! Me and luke went for a little swim in the foutain and they didn't seem to mind too much did they! Just a casual few lengths :P hahaha I think I'll be pretty safe on this ride, its usually the old riders that get punished the most, which is usually me, but there are plently of old bastards on this ride to take the agro :P

The police move us on a lot in London, even when there are only two or three of us. I have to say though I have only been threatened with a fine once and I think the max they can give is £30.

I am trying my hardest to get off work so I can come to this! :lol: