Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

Awesome....was it you i was speaking to at the dj ride ?

about the whole feeding of the snakes that amazed danny?

If your gonna get a boa gET A RED TAIL :P

It was me :)

Danny held his 1st ever snake on saturday night, got the python out and plonked it in his hand so he had no option :D

Did you get my pm about the pulse stats? ;)

It was me :)

Danny held his 1st ever snake on saturday night, got the python out and plonked it in his hand so he had no option :D

Did you get my pm about the pulse stats? ;)

I did.......ive orderd two habistat pulse stats..and a dimmer.....one pulse is yours (Y) The dimmer and other pulse is for me

25 squids as promised....should be here in a week or so.....as im picking them up from my friend in kent :)

if your using it for a che its fine...other wise for mats you should use a mat stat .Bulb needs dimming stat :)

What set up do you have ?

Edited by Dave Anscombe

I did.......ive orderd two habistat pulse stats..and a dimmer.....one pulse is yours (Y) The dimmer and other pulse is for me

25 squids as promised....should be here in a week or so.....as im picking them up from my friend in kent :)

if your using it for a che its fine...other wise for mats you should use a mat stat .Bulb needs dimming stat :)

What set up do you have ?

Ah cool, cheers for that. Let us know when you need cash and Ill paypal or bank transfer :)

At the moment the royal and boa are sharing a mat and matstat (need the same hotspot) but matstats are poo and the temp fluctuates so much. Going to put them on the pulse until I can get a viv built for the boa and move her onto ceramics, the royal will stay on the matstat in the RUB for the time being. Mats are fine on pulse stats, its dimmers that you cant use them on. I need to get the cool ends of the RUBS up to a bit as the ambient is a bit low in the room, might put a 2nd mat on the matstat to control the cool end.

Both of you (Dave and Forteh) when i was way younger i wnet to San Francisco zoo and saw a huge whiIte and yellow snake not like a metre long but at least 5, the yellow was a very vibrant colour and white well white sort of light cream. Do you reckon that either of yuo could have one of those two your collections ?

Sorry about the valid description.

Both of you (Dave and Forteh) when i was way younger i wnet to San Francisco zoo and saw a huge whiIte and yellow snake not like a metre long but at least 5, the yellow was a very vibrant colour and white well white sort of light cream. Do you reckon that either of yuo could have one of those two your collections ?

Sorry about the valid description.

Sounds like an albino burm possibly?

Did it look like this?

n597305170_4788956_5660.jpg

edit: thats my mates female albino burmese python, you can keep them but they get a bit bigegr than I want to keep myself - the boa is potentially bigger than I was going to keep as she may get up to 10-12 foot long :)

Edited by forteh

Yepo, or though it was in a huge glass enclosure at about 3.5m wide (square style enclosure i think) and it took up a third of it, I was scared, very scared.

Yepo, or though it was in a huge glass enclosure at about 3.5m wide (square style enclosure i think) and it took up a third of it, I was scared, very scared.

They get up to about 18-20 foot absolute maximum but are more than capable of killing (not eating you mind) from about 1 year old at which point they will be about 8 foot in length :)

I really want a dog but waiting till i've got a house with a garden for that.

Until then, my friend had these and my girlfriend loves them so got them for her for valentines. I don't particularly like them. :(

n512944693_1233495_5806.jpg

n512944693_1233496_6110.jpg

Bearded dragons, quite old now too.

Sorry if you previsouly mentioned this, how old and long is your freinds snake?

Tarrie (the burm pictured) is just over a year and 9 foot now, been eating rabbits for the last 3 months or so :)

Because my boa is a BCI (Boa Constrictor Imperator) she should be an average of 7-8 foot long and 6-8" diameter, she could turn out large and get up to 10 foot though :o

so does that mean your put could kill you now then ?

That burm is my friends but yes she could kill you :)

None of my snakes are big enough to kill a human yet, the royal python may get big enough (if he wrapped round your neck) but the boa definitely will.

That is crazy how people keep them, Does your freind handle Tarrie e.g. stroke it (or what ever you do to snakes lol).

Yeah she does, although she isnt physically strong enough to pick her up off her shoulders now :D

Regardless of the snake you should always have 2 people minimum when handling the bigger constrictors over 7 foot ro so.

What are you going to feed the boa when it's big? In the wilderness they eat whole goats and medium/large mammals, don't they?

Rats, its only the REALLY big snakes like the african rock, reticulated and burmese pythons and anacondas that eat small mammals like gazelles. Obviously you will get the occasional exceptionally large animals that can eat bigger.

This is a rock python that ate a pregnant sheep and then couldnt physically move :)

060915-python-ewe_big.jpg

Another rock python that got caught on an electric fence after eating a sheep :)

SheepHerder1.jpg

SheepHerder2.jpg

Boa constrictors are fairly large snakes but nowhere near the size of the big pythons.

Edited by forteh

Could one of those rock pythons eat a human?

A skinny one would have less girth than a sheep.

Edit:

Attacks on humans are very uncommon. Although this species can easily kill an adult, there are only a few cases in which the victim, in most cases a child, was actually consumed. A Ugandan newspaper reported in 1951 that a 13-year-old boy was swallowed, but the python was forced to disgorge the body. In 1973 another newspaper reported that a Portuguese soldier was discovered in the stomach of a snake. In 1979 a 14.9 ft (4.5 m) python tried to eat a 13-year-old boy. It was discovered with the boy almost entirely swallowed, but after being hit by stones it regurgitated the body and retreated. The boy was 1.3 m tall and weighed 45 kg.[6] On Easter weekend of 2009, Ben Nyaumbe a farmer was attacked after stepping on a specimen, and was dragged up a tree by the snake, but managed to escape after calling for help on his mobile phone.[7] The last known case in which a person was eaten occurred in South Africa in 2002, the victim being a 10-year-old child

f**k going to Africa for a laugh :ermm:

Edited by adamtrials

Could one of those rock pythons eat a human?

A skinny one would have less girth than a sheep.

In theory I guess a large one could, however humans arent easy for snakes to swallow as we have broad shoulders, their normal prey (quadrapeds) have relatively narrow shoulders :)

There are more cases of children being eaten by rocks/burms/retics than adults, its still pretty rare though.

edit: There you go :D

Edited by forteh