Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

36l is abit small for those 3 Si, keep it clean thou and they should be ok. Might want to go for a bigger tank eventually mind! The purists will tell you 70l per FISH is what you need, but I think it's a little extreme. I have 5 Orandas an a Black Moor in a 150l (I think, I forget) tank, I hoover the gravel once a week and do about 20% water changes mid week and there really healthy, happy and are growing at a massive rate! When there young you can usually get away with smaller tanks for a year or so. Still, slap some pictures up! What cat fish is it?

Use the gravel cleaner every 3rd day with around about 6L being changed, then dose it with Nurafin cycle. Tank is still in cycle at the moment, on week 3 of being set up and the new pump has only been in there just over a week as the one I got with the kit was shite. Tank measures 500x300x250 (LxHxD)

Catfish.jpg

Albino catfish, about 60mm long.

GoldenLionhead.jpg

Golden lionhead, he's a greedy f**ker. White one didnt like its picture being taken.

Photo0217.jpg

Tank at night.

Added 2 moss balls and the pot for the catfish to go in, he's always in there. Water is still a lovely browny green colour, going though with water changes.

When sticking wood in the tank, dont do what I did and stick it in after 2 hours lol.

Edited by Si-man

Awesome, that'll be my next pet. What sorta tank you got for him Mike?

Just got him in a 1ft square plastic fish tank atm, hes only just bigger than a ten pence peice right now so its fine :)

got a heatlamp above him too he seems happy enough under that !

need to go and get him a UV bulb tomorow then he should be sorted til he starts getting any bigger :)

only had him a few days but hes really cool, first terrapin we've had, kept lizards and newts before and he seems just as interesting and lively :) infact hes sat on my keyboard now !

Edited by Mike W

To the bearded dragon owner, it may well be lively now, but my f**king god are they boring!

I've got 2 very adult ones and all they do is sit there, shit, and nod their heads a lot. Most boring animal in the world to own, by far.

Only reason i got them was for my girlfriend and as he mum wouldn't let her have any in her house haha.

To the bearded dragon owner, it may well be lively now, but my f**king god are they boring!

I've got 2 very adult ones and all they do is sit there, shit, and nod their heads a lot. Most boring animal in the world to own, by far.

Only reason i got them was for my girlfriend and as he mum wouldn't let her have any in her house haha.

Ditto haha. I had mine from a baby, handled it every day and like Tom said it loved me, but still just wanted to sit on my shoulder and do nothing (which was pretty cool haha).

I ended up selling mine for a massive profit though to a dealer (who is a really renowned lizard shop owner and will look after him really well) to keep as his personal breeding one :) I was never in the position to stick out the 12 years with uni and all so that was a perfect solution.

Got back from my 10 day ireland motorbike trip to find the boa has had her 1st shit since Ive had her, its been over 2 months and it was larger than most cat shits! Shes only 5 months old and 2 foot long, dreading when shes 7 foot :o

The tokay gecko has also started making mating calls at night, the noisy bugger keeps waking me up :D

Edited by forteh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why does my Beardie keep trying to eat his greenery? He's got plenty of vegetables in there but he'll eat a certain amount of them and then turn his head at it and then he goes for the plastic stuff :S I've taken it out for now cause i'm scared it's going to kill him :(

Possibly the colour is more appetising to him? What greens are you feeding? Could be he fancies something different, Im not up to speed on what beardies prefer but kale springs to mind. Check some care sheets and try mixing it up a bit :)

Possibly the colour is more appetising to him? What greens are you feeding? Could be he fancies something different, Im not up to speed on what beardies prefer but kale springs to mind. Check some care sheets and try mixing it up a bit :)

At the minute he's got cabbage, strawberries, carrot and a few peas/sweetcorns in there, I put it back in for 10 minutes or so last night and he tried it again haha, he's fat shit, eats anything he can :S He's even tried eating his log/water bowl :P

Thanks for that, will check some care sheets now (Y):)