Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

This is my cat Tabby and me. She doesn't like being in photos. Neither do I really, so I blacked my face out rather quickly on paint.

Well you took the picture with you in it, so you must have intended on being in the photo... Are you afraid what we might say about how you look?

th_DSCF2369.jpg

My new Red Oranda, soon to be joined by another once I'm 100% happy with the water conditions

(I dont mean this in terms of I'm sacraficing this fish for the sae of the other, an I'm already 100% with the water PH, Nitrate/Nitrite levels, an Ammonia levels. But I just want to make 100% sure that it's suitable before I have to stress 2 fish by removing them and re-tanking them)

Seems odd your have such trouble in a cold water set up, all of mine were proper hardy to anything, didn't even have much trouble with any of my tropicals, guess its just luck of the draw.

I proper miss having my tanks actually, beats watching the garbage on tv these days

Edited by Caleb

th_DSCF2369.jpg

My new Red Oranda, soon to be joined by another once I'm 100% happy with the water conditions

(I dont mean this in terms of I'm sacraficing this fish for the sae of the other, an I'm already 100% with the water PH, Nitrate/Nitrite levels, an Ammonia levels. But I just want to make 100% sure that it's suitable before I have to stress 2 fish by removing them and re-tanking them)

So good for the water levels.. what litre is the tank?

Thats most peoples problems.. nice water but to small of a tank.

But by the way you go on and that you seem well known to your fishys so i guess its right sized tank. :)

Seems odd your have such trouble in a cold water set up, all of mine were proper hardy to anything, didn't even have much trouble with any of my tropicals, guess its just luck of the draw.

The quality of the water round here is shocking, sooo bad it's unreal. So many addatives etc it's a mission getting your water anywhere near suitable for a tank

So good for the water levels.. what litre is the tank?

It's a 40x20x15 rectangle tank, just about 197l (52G) Should be more then suitable for the extra Oranda and a few white cloud Minnow or plec. Hopefully be a good setup when it's 100% matured :D

Collected my second Oranda today, seems to have settled in perfectly with no signs of aggression or anything to the other. Infact there actually being quite sociable together...

DSCF2387.jpg

There really cool.

We had some, one got an infection of some sort which killed its swim bladder so it swam everywhere upside down, the others where fine.

There's a huge size diffeence with yours though?

Thats down the the distance between them, although one is about 18months and the ohers about 6months, ish.

Your problem with the fish would have been the lack of sinking food's. It will have been eating from the surface, gulping air which will have got trapped in the swim bladder causing an air to get stuck in the swim bladder, causing them to float upside down.

Thats down the the distance between them, although one is about 18months and the ohers about 6months, ish.

Your problem with the fish would have been the lack of sinking food's. It will have been eating from the surface, gulping air which will have got trapped in the swim bladder causing an air to get stuck in the swim bladder, causing them to float upside down.

It was only one of them and it was some wierd infection according to the lovely people from the aquarium.

It outlived the majority of then others which was.

And trapped air dont you just massage the bladder, on a pin willy I can't remember its been a while.

Does he have something wrong with his eyes? Not being insulting but the right eye looks cloudy?

Big softie ?

no problems with his eyes... think the angle i took it from just cast a little haze from that side. He has just sat there and dribbled all over my feet as i was eating mini cheddars so i had a good look and both eyes are fine!!! :)

DSCF2387.jpg

Preety shittily my new oranda (the white one) died saturday in a preety bad way. The silicone that hold the condensation tray up came unstuck, knocking the air feed for the filter off and bringing the condensation tray down onto the water. Meaning the fish had no air, so he died of air starvation/in a fashion suffocation.

Luckily the smaller orange fish survived (just) so I've restuck the glass mount for the tray, and it's stronger then before so I went to pick up another fish today which left only one Oranda in the shop/tank, so I took him too!

DSCF2434.jpg

DSCF2430.jpg

(for those not paying attention, the new one is the black one) Just abit gutted about loosing the other fish, as he suffered, aswell as it's bloodey hard to find another Calico Oranda in such great shape.

• 2 weeks later...