Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

They regurgitate the body? I assume they are dead at this point anyway?

If a snake eats a meal that is too large then it will regurgitate the part digested body, you will be dead before a constrictor starts to swallow you :)

External influences such as stress and temperature change can make a snake regurgitate aswell, thats why you dont handle a pet snake for at least 48 hours after feeding.

On Easter weekend of 2009, Ben Nyaumbe a farmer was attacked after stepping on a specimen, and was dragged up a tree by the snake, but managed to escape after calling for help on his mobile phone.

Imagine the phone call :lol:

When is the next series of that anyway ? Forteh did ouy see the sketch where the boy ring the train model store and ask's if they have the depressed man walking along the train track or the home less man that scares people when he gets on the train?

• 1 month later...

here is my bird that lives in my room. i used his photo as a wallpaper so thats why the image is a screen shot. he is one out of about 70 pets which include goats, sheep, horses, chickens, pidgins, cats, dogs, a dove and a love bird. and yes, they all have names.

desktop.jpg

Got my 1st lizard today, Mr Snuffles the tokay gecko :)

Hes 10" long, very very agressive and would rather bite you than look at you :D

The motorcycle glove is for protection, even through the glove you can feel the bites, like someone flicking your fingernail really, really hard.

DSC_5136.JPG

And happier in his new home

DSC_5258.JPG

Edited by forteh

That looks preety funky Ed!

I got a new fish the other week an forgot to post up new pictures...

DSCF2611.jpg

DSCF2598.jpg

A young Lionhead, I'm dubious thou as his back seems too curved to be a lionhead, more like a Ranchu with lionhead crossbred into it, Ahh well, brought it for it's great colours!

Also a picture of my new 48"x15"x15" 180 litre aquarium. Soooo good them having the extra room to swim and what not.

DSCF2631.jpg

What Lizards make the best pets ? Dads got a Leopard gecko and it's nice and all but it's kinda boring and un-sociable :P I've been looking at a Bearded dragon as there supposed to Be pretty playful and stuff. Other than Beardies, what other lizards make good, interactive playful pets ? Don't want to pay shit loads, maybe <£250 for the lizard, a Viv, heat lamp/mat and all the stuff to go in the Viv.

All answers appreciated, those From Anscombe and Ed/ People with experience with Lizards even more so...

What Lizards make the best pets ? Dads got a Leopard gecko and it's nice and all but it's kinda boring and un-sociable :P I've been looking at a Bearded dragon as there supposed to Be pretty playful and stuff. Other than Beardies, what other lizards make good, interactive playful pets ? Don't want to pay shit loads, maybe <£250 for the lizard, a Viv, heat lamp/mat and all the stuff to go in the Viv.

All answers appreciated, those From Anscombe and Ed/ People with experience with Lizards even more so...

Personally deardies dont really do it for me, they need a large enclosure and lots of food, also 250 quid for a beardie is horrific, you can pick up a baby for 40 quid or so :)

Consider a crested gecko? My OH keeps them, very cute, tame down nicely with a bit of handling but generally a bit more lively than leopards. Theyre arboreal (live in trees) so need a taller tank with plenty of branches and leaves to climb and sleep in, they need very little heat if any atall; generally a warm room will be sufficient for them.

They need a minimum of about 68*F and a maximum of about 80*F, any more than 85*F and they will die from overheating, best to use a heatmat on the side of the tank with a thermostat (MUST have a thermostat!). You need to spray them thoroughly with water every night to raise their humidity and simulate rainfall (they drink the water droplets from the leaves).

Feeding wise they primarily eat rotten fruit in the wild, there is a powdered meal replacement that you mix with water, you can also feed them live insect food aswell, this will make them grow much faster as a bonus. We feed ours on locusts, Im now breeding my own as they can get expensive if youre getting through a lot of em. Will also eat crickets but personally I cant stand them, they smell, they burrow and infest if they escape and theyre fast and hard to catch - locusts do none of these :)

This is Mr Sly one of our big males

purple-vixen-albums-crested-geckos-pictu

They come in all patterns and colours, they 'fire up' when excited/stressed and often brighten up dramatically, one of our males turns from a drab olive colour to almost black with tiger striping :D

I would say for a crestie setup you would be paying £50 for the lizard (from a breeder not a shop), £40 for a 30x30x45 exoterra vivarium, £20 on fake plants (get them from dunelm mill and its cheaper) £10 for a heatmat and £25-30 for a pulse thermostat (I would avoid the cheaper mat-stats, theyre not very accurate), £5 on meal powder and youre set for about 150 quid :D

Best thing to do is to join somewhere like RFUK and do some research on what requirements different reptiles need.

Here's Mila :D

For those that are saying WTF IS THAT? Shes a Sphynx kitten and yes she's supposed to be like that.

Awwww, love sphynxs, cant beat a shaven pussy :D

Edited by forteh

Here's Mila :D

DSC00130.jpg

For those that are saying WTF IS THAT? Shes a Sphynx kitten and yes she's supposed to be like that.

LOL @ the sweat shirt. now your making me wonder what my family's 2 black cats, one is extremely FAT, would look like with out fur.

and yes, i am saying WFT is that?!?! one of the weirdest critters ive seen in a while, apart from my sister running in the house with giant bugs that look like they are wearing little furry tuxedos.

Edited by Redneck

I had a beardie from a baby. It was awesome when it was young but as they get to full size (about 1-2 years, they live to up to 12), they just sit around and do little an are pretty boring. I ended up selling mine to be used by our local reptile shop as a breeder.