Streety 26"

walker

the 06 controls weigh bout 1.8, they seem to be fairly sturdy...

i forgot to say, same alu as the 06 controls :)

fe bout the disc mounts, but i will never run rear disc, and everyone who does seems to kill their frame, giving it a bad rep, then they dont sell :)

how about a chrome colour frame, with free stickers of your colour choice and a can paint and laquor?

i hate saddle collars, they never work very well and look pretty shit. but ive had second thoughts about the bolt thing too.

and the length of it. maybe one in 1040, and a long in 1065?

Doubt it, there like 2.1 I'm sure.

Haha, not chrome! There is nothing wrong with a rear disk as long as the mount is not desing by a chimp. They sound so much smoother and actually work in the wet.

Anyway, Im off to bed. Adam: get one of them YaaBaas built up with 26" wheels, I want a go on one!

Edited by walker

Just dont be too harsh on it ^_^

God no, i'm an absolute beginner and won't be thrashing it around any time soon, unless I improve at a ridiculous rate

(Saw somebody yesterday riding urban trials Victoria/Pimlico who sidehopped onto the freaking Albert Bridge and balanced it out like he was nothing! He was riding a black Stock, sprayed frame so couldn't tell what make, white rims and black spokes, oh yeah and he was a white guy with dredlocks. if you're out there on the forums somewhere, PM me mate, you've got some serious bollocks and I want whatever you took to grow them!)

1050, 72, 380, +20 (Y)

nice clean lines,

with the downtube bottom flat, then into a rounded point near the top (_) stylee,

a bolt hole to go through the frame into the seat post to keep it in place,

vee mounts under the seatstays AND on top, so you can choose. built in booster, no disc mounts,

nice, simple colour scheme, such as matt black with white stickers, or brown frame and black stickers (STICKERS, NOT ETCHED ONZA! SO WE CAN TAKE YOUR SHITTY GRAPHICS OFF),

vertical dropouts.

wide enough for a 2.4" tyre

110 headtube

1.8kg

300 quid max

EDIT: made using a std size fork, not koxx forks.

that would be pretty ideal to be honest

Big contradiction .... and yeah 1.8kgs is tooo light. A street frame has to last a year of a normal bashers riding - Im sick of this current throw away after 3 months compy lightweight jobbie mentality - trials is never going to be popular if you have to spend £400 on a new frame every 3 months... (and the gay skinsuit attitudes of the top guys HAS to go)

Alternative would be for the MK2 inspired to take a 26" wheel ... as it has long enough stays - it just needs some love in the mounts department and CS yoke ...

Walker - get rockman to make one - they seem to be bashing out new frames like there is no tomorrow !! Oh and come to bristol give me some warning and Ill arrange for you to have a go on my old echo ... just to prove that +bb isnt everything !!

I still think the Zebdi is the best thing that ever happened to street trials in this country, we need something just like it, it was strong enough, a decent size for a seat, short enough, light enough. Hoppy deng kids are spoilt for choice and dont give a shit because their idea of street is backwheeling a wall without pedalling.

I've just unbuilt my marino :( and rebuilt my zebdi, because nothing can compare. I'm not interested in 24" wheels and it's like we're forced to choose between hoppy shit and 24". I'm sick of 4 bolt mounts tooooo.

Leon

Edited by LEON

Alternative would be for the MK2 inspired to take a 26" wheel ... as it has long enough stays - it just needs some love in the mounts department and CS yoke ...

Walker - get rockman to make one - they seem to be bashing out new frames like there is no tomorrow !! Oh and come to bristol give me some warning and Ill arrange for you to have a go on my old echo ... just to prove that +bb isnt everything !!

Dont just get what you mean by a CS yoke, doesnt it already have one?

But I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Who'd be interested in buying such a thing?

Dont just get what you mean by a CS yoke, doesnt it already have one?

But I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Who'd be interested in buying such a thing?

I dont think you can fit a 26" wheel in an inspired because of the way the CS yoke is designed ...

large_i244.jpg

so CS length is fine for a 26 but doesnt have the clearance .... :(

I love how Deng has remade the 2003 Pitbull. I always wanted to see that sense I am a huge fan of the Coust style frames.

Now DENG needs to get out the jigs for the 2004 Pure Short & start making them again. They are a legendary frames & it would fill that gap in the trials market.

DENG....please make the 2004 ECHO Pure Short again. V-brake & magura options too.

I know all these people who don't own one are saying how this frame was shit but I really like the Freetrials....last time I rode a bike everyone had to have little xc frames cos there was nothing else, then last year I decided to give it another go and bought this. For someone who never went through the luxury of riding featherweight competition bikes with +30 bb heights it feels spot on for me....and I think apart from on comp bikes, we're due a return of the seat.

P1010120.jpg

(spec now totally changed from this pic)

That looks no bad son.

Stick up some recent pictures of it side on for us lot to have a gander :)

It's in bits in my dining room!..I'll get some up once it's built again.

This is the only side on pic I have of one (my mates, not mine)...

SNC18536.jpg

I bet if you leant hard enough on those poor double walls they'd spin all the way round

Leon

Not sure what you mean...in the stem?

Probably because they are so far forward facing.

Leon feels the same as myself about streety bikes and the way handle bars SHOULD be. LOL

Oh right, fair point - that was just cos I wanted more upwards sweep. Those bars live on my old bike now at a normal angle!