Streety 26"

walker

I think £300 RRP is a good starting point as it allows that extra bit of design and quality, which is worth paying for.

whats to design though? conventional frame design, no stupid hydro forming or fancy cnc, 1040-1050 +10 bb 370mm cs 73 degree head tube?

something like that surely cant cost much

whats to design though? conventional frame design, no stupid hydro forming or fancy cnc, 1040-1050 +10 bb 370mm cs 73 degree head tube?

something like that surely cant cost much

If it's designed to be ridden proper streety then that geo is still too far off, 370 stays are way too short, +10 is ok, 1050 wb is too long, an ashton is 1050-1055 and that felt pretty unrideable to me.

+10

And whatever a mk4 zebdis head angle was, everyone had one, no one complained about geometry so why change it? it's street enough but still long enough for a decent amount of hoppy shit. Unlike a zero which is the same wheelbase but completely bunnyhop biased.

Older more experienced riders who have actually ridden real street....help me out!

Leon

+10

And whatever a mk4 zebdis head angle was, everyone had one, no one complained about geometry so why change it? it's street enough but still long enough for a decent amount of hoppy shit. Unlike a zero which is the same wheelbase but completely bunnyhop biased.

Older more experienced riders who have actually ridden real street....help me out!

Leon

Those old bikes were never that good to ride though, they're just an XC bike with a small frame. A wheelbase of 1025 ...are you like 5'2"??

Xc bike? Are you serious? Have You never see trials kings? What old school bikes have you owned?

I'm 6ft 1, the zebdi/pace/zero era are all roughly 1025, you cant ride proper spinny slick street riding with a big stupid frame flapping about under you. As far as that kind of riding the pashley was about the longest at 1040, after that it becomes all static and slow.

yeah, course i know the trials kings videos, but ive ridden those bikes before but i just think that you could have a longer street bike without compromising its handling too much. The inspired is 1040 and its a 24".

What you're on about is more like a bmx with big wheels.

There's already inbetween bikes like the ashton, shorter dengs, free trials etc, and there's endless long frames, there's nothing ultra short anymore.

Lengthening the frames WILL compromise the ride, i bet if you added 10mm to an inspired it would feel like a different bike, not in a good way

You can sidehop a zebdi, it just wont be as high as a gu typhoon

You can 360 a set of stairs on a zebdi.....show me that on a gu. You cant have it all and shorter bikes are a better compromise, trials kings had all the street moves but could also sidehop roadside railings, back wheel a good height, while long bikes are terrible for anything that doesn't involve pedalling.

You cant please everyone, some people love high bb, some people cant stand it.

Zebdis are cult frames, Petr kraus was world champion on a zero.....so they cant ride that bad, they're obviously just not for you.

Edited by LEON

I agree with the zebdi geo for street

a longer version should be good for taller rider though... something like 1050 maybe...

holroyd was pretty cool on the zebdi, but my god, adam burn was so bent on his...

of cours he ride it like a beast, but I m sure he would ride an ashton justice better than the zebdi!

good ol' times Edited by chimpanzyyyy

Does anyone know the geometry of the 04 Echo Pure Frames? (Short and long if possible).

Thanks,

Dave

Edit: Managed to answer my own question:

1060 or 1080 wheelbase

385 chainstays

71.5" head angle (Urban fork)

+10 bb rise

Edited by David

Does anyone know the geometry of the 04 Echo Pure Frames? (Short and long if possible).

Thanks,

Dave

Edit: Managed to answer my own question:

1060 or 1080 wheelbase

385 chainstays

71.5" head angle (Urban fork)

+10 bb rise

I would guess at these being wrong ....

more like 0bb and steeper ha ...

I would guess at these being wrong ....

more like 0bb and steeper ha ...

From what I have seen (Using caches of the echo website back in 04) they quoted 0mm BB rise at first then +10mm a few months later. Not sure if this was a final revision or mistake etc?

Yeah, I say zebdi is what would be suitable, well it's would i'd eventually like (if I can find one).

Bring the Zebdi's back !

Personally I have never ridden a zebdi, but from what i've seen and heard they are one of the best all round streety/trials bikes to own.

Lewis.

Maybe this? New street frame.

If it's designed to be ridden proper streety then that geo is still too far off, 370 stays are way too short, +10 is ok, 1050 wb is too long, an ashton is 1050-1055 and that felt pretty unrideable to me.

+10

Leon

I agree, I really am resisting buying a full on no seat trials bike. I love seats, to sit on and because it just looks more like a normal bike.

Yeah, I say zebdi is what would be suitable, well it's would i'd eventually like (if I can find one).

Bring the Zebdi's back !

Personally I have never ridden a zebdi, but from what i've seen and heard they are one of the best all round streety/trials bikes to own.

Lewis.

I have a Zebidi frame kicking around somewhere.

I loved Planet X bikes, ha,ha even though I am in the process of selling my Jack flash, don't now or I'll change my mind. Anyone know why they stopped making street/trials frames?

Matt

I'm actually getting more tempted by a streetyish 26. I think I'd be after a 04 contro/pure/zebdi mix but bade for a 6'4" person. I was thinking something like 1075/383/+20/73 (awaits slating for calling this streety) but having ridden a zebdi (well 2) for about 3 years I found they were just too short and ruined my back even with a 120 stem on - I think mine measures about 1040 with Cannondale P-bone forks.

I then moved onto an 04 Control long which didn't feel that long to me even with the 120 stem on. I now have an 07 A1 long which measures about 1100 but I could still bunnyhop with relative ease (think I managed over 3.5"). The main thing I miss is the steeper head angle and the feeling it gives, it just seems to make the bike feel more fun - but then again my memory is probably going now.

I think my best bet is Marino as no one else is going to want a stupidly long streetish bike as I just fancy trying a cross between the Control and the Zebdi and A1.

Anyway, at the moment I'm just dreaming as I won't be on a bike for another yearish.

Edited by Jamie_Neal

I'm actually getting more tempted by a streetyish 26. I think I'd be after a 04 contro/pure/zebdi mix but bade for a 6'4" person. I was thinking something like 1075/383/+20/73 (awaits slating for calling this streety) but having ridden a zebdi (well 2) for about 3 years I found they were just too short and ruined my back even with a 120 stem on - I think mine measures about 1040 with Cannondale P-bone forks.

I then moved onto an 04 Control long which didn't feel that long to me even with the 120 stem on. I now have an 07 A1 long which measures about 1100 but I could still bunnyhop with relative ease (think I managed over 3.5"). The main thing I miss is the steeper head angle and the feeling it gives, it just seems to make the bike feel more fun - but then again my memory is probably going now.

I think my best bet is Marino as no one else is going to want a stupidly long streetish bike as I just fancy trying a cross between the Control and the Zebdi and A1.

Anyway, at the moment I'm just dreaming as I won't be on a bike for another yearish.

kenny belaey?

geo's perfect I think but maybe not strong enough for real street bashing :(