Best Laptops For £400

Davetrials

Right then, ive been reading a few reviews, spoke to my uncle*big laptop guy* he's said its a good un.

How much more expensive would that be from the sony shop in my town?

is that goods in box site any good?

pass on the goods in box, when i googled them(am debating gettin one myself at the end of august), couldnt find any issues with them, although im just going to buy it on the credit card, and if theres anything up, let them deal with it.

It'd cost a lot more in the sony shop, the hp version of that pc, which is like £392, my mates payed like £1400 for one not much better than that not long ago(500gb hd, but not much else) and there was a worse one for £700 in currys not that long ago(and the same models else where on the web are a fair bit more). You could try getting price matches, but as there slightly older models most places wont stock them, so wont do a price match.

edit: just read the points above, not much else can be said, except when i googled the store, theres very few(read no one) people complaining about them so assumed it was safe.but obviously it is a scam. explains the cheap prices too.

Edited by Fish-Finger-er

only other bit of semi local advice dave is, go to the toshiba store in cheshire oaks, last time i got something from in there(my mums 15 inch laptop for like £270), theyd got a very nice 17" one,with 320gb hd, 4gb ram, and a fairly nice spec for £399, and it was like £580 elsewhere on the net. (also they sometimes sell off their demo laptops for like half price, as when i got my mums, i was trying to barter with them(As they said theyd give £50 off any tv when i bought the 15 inch laptop, would they give the same money off another laptop, and id buy 2 laptops off them, they told me they couldnt discount any laptops as i was buying 2, unless i bought 2 of the £399+ ones, in which case theyd give me 15% off the cheaper laptop, but they also said theyd got a demo £599 laptop theyd sell for £350)

Edited by Fish-Finger-er

I was looking at the exact same laptops last night for a mate who has the same budget and similar requirements. I personally would go for the Acer, but he doesn't like the brand for some reason so went with the HP. Both will be perfectly capable for you given your budget.

Is either one better?

I think its the HP that has bluetooth, that could come in handy?

I think out of those 2 it's down to personal choice. I've had trouble with HP reliability in the past so the extras like bluetooth don't really sell it to me, but lots of people have had great reliability from them. And the same argument both ways can be made with Acer. If I were you I'd be sure to get the extra warranty with either of them, and just make your choice based on whether the extras with one are better than the other.

Sleep with your eyes open modfag... :shifty::P

Mate wild horses couldn't keep me from sleeping anywhere anytime. Boumsongs set me on fire while asleep before and it didn't wake me ;) The only times i ever wake up are if someones trying to sneak towards me noiselessly. I'll sleep soundly as always, despite you're clearly empty threats :P

What was your experience?

My experience was that no matter how good the spec looked, it was a laggy, Vista-infected pile of tat. The build quality was terrible, it looked like it was made of Lego.

For people just browsing the net it was OK, but go anywhere near music with it and it had a fit.

And my 10 year old PC played Vice City three times as well (Bear in mind Vice City is now ten years old...)

I've since built a very powerful PC for the same price but got a 22" monitor as well. I'd avoid laptops unless you travel a lot and it's 100% needed. Especially as you can get micro towers now that just look like Hifi units!