Any Older People On Here?

MikeWarner

The forest bit? That used to be known by me and my mates as Skelly Woods, it was next to Orchard Lea School in Fareham - not sure if it was known as anything else, as I don't believe it had an official name. I don't think you can access it now. BMXers did ammend the slopes in order to create better jumps there.

im 25 guys! been riding on and off since the 1996, had a big gap when i passed my car test, i found that alot of riders get interested in there cars and stuff, then relaise its a waste of money and got into trials again!

well thats what i did! lol

Dean.

I am 35, don't think age makes that much difference.

The only difference I can think of is that many youngsters really don't know that you could not get trials specific stuff at one time or that many techniques they take for granted had not developed yet.

Which is why they are all so f**king good.

Matt

Edited by Matt Vandart

Im 27! I had a ten year gap from riding though, and i have been back riding a year and a half now and love it.Genurally every i go riding im the oldest, its nice to see more older riders are out there. The only problem is before when i used to crash i got up quick, but now i have to lay there for a wile just till the pain passes.lol. Good thread.

Brilliant thread.

Still pretty young comparing to you guys so I won't put myself down but just wondering, do you ever have episodes with the police walking up to you thinking you're just kids and getting a slight shock when they see your faces?

Edited by Greetings

do you ever have episodes with the police walking up to you thinking you're just kids and getting a slight shock when they see your faces?

Not since Ive grown my beard :D

If I shave I look younger than BJH, ffs I got ID'd in a pub in london during a stag night a month ago!

Im 27! I had a ten year gap from riding though, and i have been back riding a year and a half now and love it.Genurally every i go riding im the oldest, its nice to see more older riders are out there. The only problem is before when i used to crash i got up quick, but now i have to lay there for a wile just till the pain passes.lol. Good thread.

Poof :giggle:

Matt

38 still buggering along in the sun

It is really nice to to discover so many of you at around my age....although I don't really care what anyone thinks about riding a Mod at 37.

It sometimes felt a bit "non-conformist" in a bad way, however you guys are the "remedy" ;-)

-E

I really can't stress enough the importance of starting off using a Mod bikes, the difference is amazing.

After one month only, I am already at a few levels above what I used to be.

If you just coming back, I really urge you to start off using a mod bikes, it will make life much easier for you...

+1

37 last saturday...

Quite a few people then!

I just went out on my first ride in 14 years and I'm knackered!!! Had to cut it short as my new grips worked loose. I started out shaky - I'm guessing I'm getting used to the bike more than anything else. Anyway, managed to get up on the back wheel by pedalling it up, not rocking on the front, then hop up a kerb. Then managed to get over a bench. Not much, but I'm pretty happy considering. I'm going to keep doing small stuff so I get used to the bike and get my balance back, before trying anything bigger.

I'm another 30 year old on here... I bought my first car this year, but it'll never replace my 5 bikes :)...

I landed my biggest sidehop ever onto a ledge last night (And before anyone asks it's not that big - somewhere in the region of 28")... Should really measure it before they put water back in that fountain...

Its nice to still be improving :)...

What is strange for me is that when i go out on my Beta i am more than happy to try something a bit sketchy but on the cycle i have issues where i think about "what happens if it goes tits up".

But the main thing is to enjoy yourself at whatever level you are happy with, no need to go trying huge gaps or drop-offs if you don't fancy them. And it is true that as you get older you don't always bounce as well as you used too... things hurt for longer. I guess the other thing that makes me think about injury more is having the mortgage and other bills to pay that require me to go to work full time (some would argue that i don't work full time!! ), up until i was about 22 and had been living at home or traveling Australia etc i didn't need to worry too much about all that!!