Leeson 609 - Paul Oliver Is The Man.

Skoze

Evening all! As anyone who's ridden with me in the last 6 months or so will know, my Fatty's were royally f**ked and rather scary to ride with (what with the steerer not actually being attached much) So thanks to some heroics from Jon Granger and Sam Nichols, I got hooked up with a set of Pashleys and a front brake to go with 'em :) Sent the forks off to Paul, had the mounts lowered, the forks primed and sent back to me for the sum of 20 English pounds, lovely jubbly! And one for Ross; i've ditched the Moto!

All sorted now, got it the way i want it bar new pads (which will be duly supplied this week) a stem that only clamps my bars with a train ticket as a shim and a raped headset but I can't be arsed to change those just yet;

P1030987.jpg

P1030976.jpg

P1030990.jpg

P1030981.jpg

P1030982.jpg

P1030994.jpg

NICE welds, sir.

Geo is 1035, +20, 385, 74* (aka total awesome)

Usual spec;

Leeson 609 Bump

Pashley forks

Front and rear Avid Ultimates

Front and rear Chris King ISOs on Sun Rhyno Lites

Middleburns

Etc...

So big thanks to the people who've kept it going over the past few months - Rainbird, Granger, Sam, Paul, Steve-A and co. Hugely appreciate it all :)

Enjoy!

Matt

Ps i want more comments than Simp :P

Edited by Skoze

I think it looked better with the fatty r's on it though.

Dan.

Yeah, they did look/ were awesome. Shame they decided to part company! I'll probably fix them up at some point, but the Pashley's are a suitable stand-in :)

Looks beast, shame backwards mount vee doesn't acctually work as good as front mount :P .

Haha, it's working fine for me, ta ;)

*pic*

Hero :wub:

Why is the head tube so big?

Basically, Porter snapped the headtube off a 660, so Clive came up with a way to avoid that by using a 1.5" headtube, with an elastomer in it with a normal headtube inside it, basically just soaks up big impacts. It's proper overkill, was a prototype and unsurprisingly never caught on 'cos nost people didn't give their frames THAT much abuse (i'm sure you'll remember the days of Porter before he got smooth haha) I like the feeling, has a little bit of give in it but still feels plenty stiff enough. From what i can tell (well, from what Mr. Stedman's told me) Matt gave it a fair hammering when it was in his hands, and it's all still in the right place so it can't have been too bad an idea! Only downside is it's pretty ugly in any colour other than black and it weighs a metric shit-tonne, but the bike's an absolute tank anyway. It rides really nicely so that's all that matters.

Original topic here: have a read. :)

I think i'm gonna paint it blue again after the tour...

Do you need all the nuts and spacers for the pads?

Do you want a raceface prodigy stem? Not sure on the rise but it's less likely to kill you.

If you've got them dude! If not i'll nab them off the Plaz pads or something.

And yeeeeah why not, if the geo's fairly right it'd be a winner!

Edited by Skoze

There's a tiny little squeak, but nothing that bothers me too much!

As for performance - i'm well happy with it (considering the current set up) i've got some utterly clusterf**ked plaz pads on there on a very dirty smooth rim, bite's not great, but i can live with it and it's perfectly fine if i actually ride properly and shift my weight around, modulation is great, nearly endo'd down the balance beams at Barrow Farm last weekend, just needed some bigger testicles :P And again, hold's fine if i move around, and even if i don't it's nothing to complain about!

Edited by Skoze