Do On/off Sidehops Count?

Sidehop Stuart

116 members have voted

1. 1. on/off sidehops count?

• Yes
    • No

So taps where you bounce back off count? And gaps as long as you hit the edge, but if you slide down it?

If you ask me they don't count at all, the whole point of it is to get over an obstacle, and if you come back off it, you're not going over the obstacle.

So taps where you bounce back off count? And gaps as long as you hit the edge, but if you slide down it?

If you ask me they don't count at all, the whole point of it is to get over an obstacle, and if you come back off it, you're not going over the obstacle.

No, of course they don't count.

But with sidehops.... Well. I don't see where i'm going with this.

For some reason with taps and gaps I don't think it counts in the slightest if you on/off

But with sidey's I think it does.

HArd to put it into words.

basically in a comp, why would you want to on off something, when your trying to get through the gate or on the rock whatever.....also street riding when doing a on off, basically yeah it shows you have the hight, but your technique is not very good because you cant find the balance to keep it however way you mange to keep it, it may make sense, it may not

I think Muel pretty much hit it on the head.

If it's an intentional on/off, like they sidehopped wait, controlled it, then dropped off yes.

i.e. A 'normal' sidehop, followed by a drop.

If they instantly jump off because they can't keep it, no.

i.e. An on/off sidehop.