Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seaine

Rugby

32 posts in this topic

Hi,

This forum has a lot people on here and does anyone on here play rugby.

i am interested in what people level people have played at and where you play.

I played in the uk for a few years with saints acdemey and then to widnes for a year.I am now on loan in belgium from albi in france two years.i am playing international level too.

rugby

I've never understood why in rugby you get a penalty for scoring a goal (to use a football analogy).

Yeah i play ugby for my local team, pretty good fun, i play scrum half usually, but fullback if i have to :S

Where do you play?

And monkey, it's a conversion, just gives you a chance to get more points i suppose, makes the game more interestin :D

Where do you play?

i am a centre a big 100kg centre

Use to play under 18, but stopped due to working when they had games etc. Loved it, wtill go down and watch them every now and then.

Played Flanker. mainly blind side. or 8. some times center if I was needed. I like running into people.

, just gives you a chance to get more points i suppose,

Just thought I'd say posts in Chit Chat don't increase post count.

When I play I'm mostly wing, the person the runs away from all the big, strong, violent people :P

I've never understood why in rugby you get a penalty for scoring a goal (to use a football analogy).

In the beginning of rugby, a try only gave you the opportunity to have a kick over the posts for points - it didn't give you any points.

In the beginning of rugby, a try only gave you the opportunity to have a kick over the posts for points - it didn't give you any points.

Yet now it just gives the team who have just got a try and the points for a try to extend the points advantage even more. Doesn't make sense...

It's not thaaaaaaaaaat hard to kick for 3 in a match. 5 for a try is notably more difficult. 2 kicks still outweigh a single ball down, but with the conversion you keep the edge. Of course, you've gotta get the score in a decent position to keep the conversion doable...

NB: Points apply to real rugby, not that namby-pamby League shite ;)

Yeah I play(ed). I was playing outside centre for ages then I decided I wanted to play prop, (both loose and tight) I haven't played since college but really badly want to get back into it, but my fitness level has dropped loads, so need to get back on it as soon as I've done all my RAF medical/fitness.

i am a centre a big 100kg centre

Bloody hell thats big thats a whole 30 kilos more than me.

I wish i could play but im too skinny i would get killed out there.

no you would be ok this is a high level that is why i am this heavy, have a look at the social clubs where you are it would be good.you can never go wrong meeting new poeple and getting fit

Yeah was going to say, isn't the average weight for pro rugby players over 100kg?

Yeah was going to say, isn't the average weight for pro rugby players over 100kg?

Lol yeah. Fairly sure that 15st is the average Guinness Premiership weight.

Just thought I'd say posts in Chit Chat don't increase post count.

And you were aiming that at me, why?!

I play rugby, im pretty much a jack of all trades having played Fly half, full back and both centre posistions during school and college years. Since then I started playing second row and flanker and part timed at number 8 too so i can do most things. Im not particularly good at any of them but I can do them. Havent started playing for this season as of yet, really got into cricket in the summer and i'm looking to keep that up as it turns out im actually quite good at it.

Aimed at the topic starter, how tall are you? 100kg at like 5'4 is alot but say youre like 6'3 or something, not that big at all.

I used to play outside center at Milton Keynes rugby club :)

Aimed at the topic starter, how tall are you? 100kg at like 5'4 is alot but say youre like 6'3 or something, not that big at all.

i am 5'11.i have pics of me playing if you want to see.not many though

Hi,

This forum has a lot people on here and does anyone on here play rugby.

i am interested in what people level people have played at and where you play.

I played in the uk for a few years with saints acdemey and then to widnes for a year.I am now on loan in belgium from albi in france two years.i am playing international level too.

I play rugby for my school:P we are the best obviously.:D I have been asked to play for the county but i decided not to as I don't know all that much about rugby:) I play tight head prop (Y)

Edited by Sprog!

I play pretty decent level, our first team is in nation 2 north. Hopefully going to sail academy trials! Play 2nd row, or have played 8 at lower level!

i play on the wing for dorchester (my local club) Dorset (my county) and bath academy, also do county 7's where i play scrum half.

I LOVE RUGBY !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mockett

I play pretty decent level, our first team is in nation 2 north. Hopefully going to sail academy trials! Play 2nd row, or have played 8 at lower level!

Could at least spell Sale right :P

As a matter of interest, how heavy + tall are you? I play lock and am pathetically scrawny. 17, 6'3"ish and 12st dead. Bloody appalling. Should at least be 13st at a minimum and even then that would be light. Was quite annoying playing with a 6'8" no8 at 18st.

I'm just under 100kg's at 5ft11.