Bike Vs Car

Luke_zoo

A bike will kill a car anyday?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. bikes beat cars anyday?

• Bike
    • Car

Depends what it's 'winning' and what the stipulations are surely?

The land speed record is held by a car, isn't it?

Bikes for twistys, cars for straight lines I reckon - as long as specific guidelines were in place for what is being tested, and what actually makes a car a car and a bike a bike i.e. cars with bike engines and bikes with v8s etc.

Depends what it's 'winning' and what the stipulations are surely?

The land speed record is held by a car, isn't it?

Bikes for twistys, cars for straight lines I reckon - as long as specific guidelines were in place for what is being tested, and what actually makes a car a car and a bike a bike i.e. cars with bike engines and bikes with v8s etc.

Not being a plane missing its wings ;)

In terms of production vehicles bikes win though, easily.

After having an argument with college mates about cars vs bikes what will win? As my tutors say the bikes will win over cars but my mates dont belive anything, what do you think?

look at it as a Top Gear challenege scenareo.....

you start in london, you have to drive to cornwall, to pick up 3 kegs of Prawns Dads finest home brewed Ale. he who gets back first wins.....

bike v. Car, it's pretty obvious.

On a serious note, on the ring, the bikes were SO annoying.

Whilst being massively quicker on the straights, they were VERY slow around the bends, and held me up in both the mini and the audi, generally getting in the way.

the only upside to a bike is the performance/£ factor, as it's pretty clear that just a 3-4k second hand bike is going to be more than ferarri quick

Win at what?

Comfortably cruising from cornwall to scotland?

Ragging around a track?

In a strait line race?

Huh why have i been mentioned, is it because of my gay mobile?

and boumsong beating chavs at anything is always fun, yes i know its not an achievement as such but it shows them that noise means nothing!

Bikes go fast in straight lines and kill you in the wet.

Cars like corners and don't kill you unless your an idiot.

A rocket strapped to your back on the other hand, not only is that thrilling and quick, its also cost effective.

plus, when driving a car, there is the added bonus that I don't have to worry about ripping my testicals open on the fuel tank if I crash.

Yes but that is a car that has been supercharged and has 300Bhp where as the 600rr has 105Bhp so in that case the car will win but if they both had same Bhp what would it be then?

Yes but that is a car that has been supercharged and has 300Bhp where as the 600rr has 105Bhp so in that case the car will win but if they both had same Bhp what would it be then?

But then the car would need to weigh the same as the bike...

Cars and bikes are too different to make a particularly useful comparison if you ask me. It's more about what suits the rider/driver the best.

preferences, i like bikes therefore i own one

cars are much more practical (can carry my trials bike!), often much more reliable, much safer and much more social

bikes are ridiculous fun, at often legal speeds (my sumo rarely breaks 70 cos i spend my time in national speed limit lanes haring around twisties :) )

but as mentioned- traffic light grand prix= bike win unless you have thrown a lot of mods/ have a very very quick standard car (my 250f had a wrx scoob up to 60 then the weight advantage wore off and he stormed by.)

Bikes, you can really see the fear in the eyes :D

photo_1105.jpg

Within reason a car will out corner a bike simply because it has a lot more grip, a bike will out accelerate a car simply because it has more power to weight.

Its all in context though a 60bhp supermoto will go round a kart track faster than a 600bhp skyline :)

Edited by forteh

People saying bikes for straight cars for corners, if you know how to corner and are confident then a bike will do a car all day long in the corners. Prime example clean country lane lots of tight twisty corners the bike will be long gone as it accelerates so much quicker out of the corners and can go through them a lot quicker then most cars on the road.

People saying bikes for straight cars for corners, if you know how to corner and are confident then a bike will do a car all day long in the corners. Prime example clean country lane lots of tight twisty corners the bike will be long gone as it accelerates so much quicker out of the corners and can go through them a lot quicker then most cars on the road.

Totaly agree.

Car every time.

You just can't compare a 10k bike and a 10k car because a car is so much more in every way - you're paying for 5x the materials to begin with!

A better comparison for out and out performance would be to take a bike with unlimited funding to create the ultimate race bike and a car with unlimited funding to create the ultimate race car.... Funnily enough they exist - Grand Prix cars and bikes.

F1 cars are MUCH faster than the moto GP bikes - why? Traction. Getting the power down in an F1 car you've got 2 huge rear tyres with loads of grip. On a Bike you've got a tiny patch and you've got to contend with the front wheel coming off the ground. In the corners again you've got a much larger contact patch on the car - along with downforce, and on a bike you can't simply change direction - you've got to get onto the other side of the bike and lean the whole bike in - it takes a lot longer.

"In 2004, Mr V Rossi lapped the Sepang circuit in qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix in the very quick time of 2:01 (dry), that’s 2 mins and 1 sec. In the same year a Mr M Schumacher lapped the same circuit in the death defying time of 1 minute and 33seconds. This is a full 75% of the time a motorcycle takes. Or put another way; a F1 car can do 4 laps in the time a MotoGP cycles can do only 3. "

With regards to acceleration -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn6eHg1VSZI

Road car vs road bike -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_JsA1DgDhU

Cars are also fast at top speeds, ref Thrust SSC

Cars are faster accelerators, ref drag racing.

Cars are faster round circuits, ref F1 v MotoGP times

On top of all that, when it rains you remin dry, when its cold you remain warm, when you're bored you turn on the radio, when you're hot you turn on the a/c and when you blow away that TVR at the trafficlight grand prix you've got a passenger to silence the non believers.