Tarty Days 2010

mintsauce

I've pre-registered and have my wristband. Im bringing a couple of mates who havent registered yet. Can they pay 'on the door' or should I tell 'em to sort it out and register asap?

Please tell them to "sort it out and register asap" (Y)

Really sorry to hear that you've lost your wrist band.

The problem that arises here is that if we give you another wrist band for free, and your original does turn up, then it is feasible you can have two people enter for the price of one.

I'm certainly not suggesting this is something you would do, however if we bend the rules for you then it sets a precedent. After which point anyone else who loses their wrist band can justifiably claim they should be given another for free, thus compounding the problem.

It clearly says in the event info that if an attendee loses their wrist band then they must purchase a new one at full price (to avoid the problem detailed above).

All I can say is good luck in your continued search.

No worries thought that was going to be the case :( to be fair i'm sure it'll be worth the £20 :) see you lot friday :D

Riding Lake Ogwen Thursday and then hitting Tartydays early Friday through to Sunday... Can't actually wait for this!

are you going to be up there in the evening on thursday? i might pop up after work for an hour or two to say hello and show you around..

Forecast is looking promising for North West Wales over the weekend! woop woop

weather.jpg

Just speaking to Ben on the phone and we were wondering, is there gonna be lighting and stuff in the evening? Or is it a bed time at sun down / fire up the cars' main beams sorta vibe?

There isn't any artificial lighting set up for the evenings mate. We'll have a bonfire going though!

A friendly suggestion to everyone who is coming to Tarty Days....

...bring plenty spare clothes and shoes if you're going to do this a lot!

16.jpg

:D Thats a great shot. But Id also like to point out I also made it once...

Any idea who the other photographers were Matt or links? This event is going to be momumental!

:D Thats a great shot. But Id also like to point out I also made it once...

Any idea who the other photographers were Matt or links? This event is going to be momumental!

In fact didn't you actually make it on your first go Matt? Thanks for riding the demos - brilliant riding as always and great to hang out with you again. I'll share all the pics as soon as I have them.

Matt, If you look in the bottom right of the picture theres a little kid so scared for your safety that hes turned away! Bless.

Awesome course (other) Matt, should be great with all the other logs, stumps, pallets, wood bales the guys have got for us.

I know this is going to sound silly but if I was to put my BMX in, do you think doing the water gap would be on?

no do it anyway :P

I think its possible to be honest, the problem is speed as I dont think youd want to be pedalling up it on a bmx. Also the easier side is uphill already which has another log in the way which you'd have to bunnyhop over first...

I know this is going to sound silly but if I was to put my BMX in, do you think doing the water gap would be on?

Yes! (or at least it would be amazing to watch you try)

----------------

Some (lots!) of images of the Woodfest 2010 demos. This rig will form the basis of the Tarty Days arena - there will be more low-level stuff added as well.

Riding pics thread