Tarty Days 2010

mintsauce

Proper good weekend, was aching shit loads of Saturday and Sunday, rode too hard on Friday haha, nice and sun burned now thou! Top weekend, good to see some old faces again and loads of banter :) Can't wait for the next one, and fair play for the riders who kept attempting the water gaps!

Oh yea safe, I nicked a couple of those! Shame about fourm names! lol

There were only 7 of them, you lot mustve only had like one each haha.

Yeah, I had no idea you were you until I heard everyone yelling ‘Simpson’ every time you went for a swim ;)

Yeah, I had no idea you were you until I heard everyone yelling ‘Simpson’ every time you went for a swim ;)

Yea I was dying to get a crank flip at the top, wanted one of those purple tee's with the inspired logo on them! They were sick! I think the worst one was when I attempted the static 360 and nearly landing on the log at the side and not in the drink! Ah well was all banter!

The front flip kid, Dan 14 years old big up deserved the tee, and I think the other kid on the blue T-master (?) Deserved one for his epic back flop, and also bigup Rossy G and Nick for controlled 360's in and ashley for getting wet just for a tee! hahaha

Poor riding by me on all accounts this weekend, but wait for the summer lads! hahaha

Car has been epic'ly blagged father thinks a Welsh man kneed it because I had a English flag on it, WINNER

Haha, you hero. I have no idea how you managed to keep a straight face and not give the game away while you were telling them that, but fair play :P

That was a great weekend,many thanks to Matt and to Adam @ tarty bikes for sorting out the event. It was great to see a big group of riders get together for a social rather than a competetive event and the atmosphere was most chilled. Also huge thanks to the guys sorting out the barby and the bacon rolls,they are heroes !

Haha, you hero. I have no idea how you managed to keep a straight face and not give the game away while you were telling them that, but fair play :P

Yea... i just said I left it at summerfields came back and it was like that, there was no cctv and a sign which said cars left at owners own risk, he came up with the Welshman conspiracy lol

Shame the BMX didnt fit in the car :shifty:

Big thanks to all those who made it happen! I know a lot of time, hard work and money was put in from lots of people, so thanks to anyone who was involved.

I was a bit gutted I couldn't come up til late on Saturday. By the time I got there most people were too tired to ride, and I only managed about 3 hrs on the course. I think the best riding was on Friday and Saturday from what I heard and a lot of riders had gone home by Sunday. That said the water gap comp was great fun and very funny! And I got to catch up with old friends and make some new ones which is always good.

BTW I managed to leave my coat behind in the undercover bit where the BBQ was. Is there anyone I can contact to try and recover it? I've tried contacting Barlow, will try him again later. The jacket was an Endura Event jacket which is worth a lot to me, if anyone saw it or picked it up i would be very gratefull for its safe return.

BTW I managed to leave my coat behind in the undercover bit where the BBQ was. Is there anyone I can contact to try and recover it? I've tried contacting Barlow, will try him again later. The jacket was an Endura Event jacket which is worth a lot to me, if anyone saw it or picked it up i would be very gratefull for its safe return.

Pretty sure Matt will be able to source that for you (Y)

On a similar note, I still have a watch that we found in the pile of crash mats/bags first thing Saturday morning (I think some people were jumping from the high bit of the course into the mats on Friday night?). It was announced over the PA on Saturday morning but if it's anyones please contact me with a description of the watch and we'll try and get it back to you!

What an amazing three days.

I knew I’d be gutted not to be riding due to my hand injury http://tinyurl.com/37ga5o3 but I didn’t quite realise how gutted I would be! Across the whole weekend the only riding I did was a solitary crossing of the water balance beam (One for the oldies aye Tarty?) and even that caused my hand to swell and bruise up again – pah!

Still it meant I got to chat to a lot more people than I otherwise would have done. It was great to catch up with old friends and make new ones.

For those that asked my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/slowprogress

A few people give MASSIVE thanks to...

Firstly, Adam at http://www.tartybikes.co.uk and Dave at http://www.inspiredbicycles.com, for making the event financially viable.

Also for supplying prizes for the water balance beam comp;

Failed crossing = Inspired Tee

Successful crossing = Tarty Multi-tool

Best trick = Inspired hoody

Wee Dan beat some other pretty amazing tricks to take the best trick with a front flip bail.

Dave, I’m not sure if you do hoodies in extra extra small do you!?!?!

Secondly, Simon and Paula and the rest of the Woodfest crew http://www.woodfestwales.co.uk.

They built an amazing rig, put on amazing food for us and supplied us with quite a lot (!!) of fire wood. Netty and Gaz patched up injured riders all weekend and helped out with everything too.

I think it’d be great if each and everyone one of us would send them a short email simply saying thank-you (especially if you want to see this happen again):

info@woodfestwales.co.uk

Thirdly, everyone who helped me out (you know who you all are) which was basically anyone you saw in an Tarty/Inspired Tee with ‘crew’ on the back.It wouldn’t have run smoothly without you.

Paul from http://www.restoresportsmassage.co.uk fixed a lot of people over the weekend too. If you’re feeling better after a treatment then why not drop him a thank-you paul@restoresportsmassage.co.uk

Finally, to everyone who came, thank you!

The atmosphere was amazing – just what I’d hoped and planned.

Having people travel from literally all over the UK was really special.

After a couple of gentle reminders there were no issues with the field being wrecked by people doing donuts. Also every bin was full and the field was very tidy so I think we’ve done as well as we could to try and get another invite from the land owner (Simon and Paula do not own the land, we rented it from someone else).

So I take it that people are keen for a Tarty Days 2011?

Watch this space!

Peace

Barlow

-------------

Lost and found:

Matt Burrows - we’ll try our best to get that back.

Other: 1 hoody, 1 SD memory card, 1 Multi-tool. Just email me and I’ll post them to you.

Back home in now after a 2:30 am ferry and a drive across Ireland and not quite enough sleep. We found some really nice trials riding in Holyhead while we were waiting for the ferry too... Great lines on the rocks near the port and we found a skatepark as well though didn't get to ride that. We got a few funny looks from the locals when we decided to have a picnic in the corner of one of the car parks though - possibly lounging around in deckchairs looking like you're enjoying the view only looks normal if you're not surrounded by brick walls...

Huge thanks to everyone who helped with the organising, the legendary level of the catering - we even got given food for a picnic when we left after mentioning we had a half day's wait for the ferry.

Big thanks to Netty and the rest of the first aid crew for sorting Tha Goat out after headbutting the tyre on Friday and to the folks in the hospital for sorting him out quickly.

Also thanks to the guy (Who's name I don't remember) who sorted the Skodamobile out with a jump start after I left it charging stuff all night and killed the battery :).

Thanks to the youngsters who kept the bonfire fuelled all evening so all I had to do was sit around and chat.

Definitely the best atmosphere I've ever seen at an event and the best weekend's biking I've done in ages.

Roll on next year :)...

Edited by psycholist

Thanks to matt (even though he chased me ripping my banner off the van, :) your actually quite scary when angry lol) thanks to the sponsors and to the wood company for helping making this weekend happen, had such a good weekend can't wait for next year.

I must say the van got sooo many looks on the way home with the banners :) thanks for them :)

tarty002.jpg

Good to see that you got the banner fixed back on alright! Still makes me chuckle when I remember chasing your van across the field because I thought you were stealing the banners. Sorry for nearly giving you heart failure when I grabbed hold of you - oops!

Yeah, am defo up for next year. Apart from cheese, bacon and gerkins on the burgers I don't know how it could have been any better!

couldnt make it this year, but next year if its on, i am going to try hard to come (giggidy)!!