Sponsor

multi tasking male

I remember a time when a SHIT topic like this would have been stuck in new members

ye sorry i should of poste it in the new members chat, sorry

chris

Mike is right, But:

It's not just about you're riding level...

You need the right attitude, spirit, helpful etc.... Not all about free products you know, you gotta talk to people about trials, point them in the right direction etc...

i know that but what kind of level would be excepted because there not just going to sponsor somone and give them free things or discount on things if there rubbish at biking but have good knowledge,spirit,helpful etc.... are they ?

Just ride to enjoy riding, why worry about sponsors?

That is what is wrong with this sport to much emphasis on sponsorship and not enough getting out there for fun, if you are good enough, the media you make is good enough and so on then it'll come your way- there is no set level or bar that gets you a sponsor....

Just ride!

so the level isnt that important, its your atuttude thats more importent ?

chris

Some younger newer riders have been sponsored before, it just depends on who you're looking at being sponsored by.

I think it would be a greater achievement to sit back and wait for sponsors to get in touch with you, though.

edit: What's wrong with me?! That was spelt shit.

Edited by Revolver

well why does everyone else want to be sponsored ? and yes free stuff, im 14, have no money, getting good and serious about biking and have no money to by parts that i have broke and my parents arnt going to fork out money when i want it and it would be a good thing to achive.

chris

well why does everyone else want to be sponsored ?  and yes free stuff, im 14, have no money, getting good and serious about biking and have no money to by parts that i have broke and my parents arnt going to fork out money when i want it and it would be a good thing to achive.

chris

This attitude will make sponsors back away instantly.

• Like 1

When i was 14 and needed money, i made some. Work, scheme, do whatever.

Granted, my anus is sore to this day, but i got myself some cash...

Sponsorship isn't the be all and end all of trials, and you can run a bike (or anything for that matter) on a shoe string budget, just go second hand or set your sights a bit lower.

• Like 1

well why does everyone else want to be sponsored ? and yes free stuff, im 14, have no money, getting good and serious about biking and have no money to by parts that i have broke and my parents arnt going to fork out money when i want it and it would be a good thing to achive.

chris

Thought you had a top spec BMX and downhill bike also... for 14 your not doing bad for youself, and youv'e only just started riding trials... just get friendly with your local bike shop first, they still give me loads of lil dealz.

well why does everyone else want to be sponsored ? and yes free stuff, im 14, have no money, getting good and serious about biking and have no money to by parts that i have broke.

I had a job at 13, fixed computers, mowed lawns, sucked &%$£ all to make money for my bike parts. Do kids just want free stuff for minimal effort these days or am i just getting old ? :huh:

Either way depending who you get sponsored by E.G. lets say by Monster, you will probably only get free Drinks and stickers lol. Why don't you try asking your local bike shops if they would sponsor you with hoodies and cheaper parts to start with, but it would probably help if you took part in competitions and other events as you would be a form of advertising. Hence the reason why people sponsor you.

Don't expect a free bike you won't get very far if you do.

Edited by Ipod Bob

Thought you had a top spec BMX and downhill bike also... for 14 your not doing bad for youself, and youv'e only just started riding trials... just get friendly with your local bike shop first, they still give me loads of lil dealz.

ye i have but times have changed and things are getting more exspensive, thats why im selling my dmr so i can by wheels for my trials bike. I will probably look at getting a job and see how it goes. Just to let you all know i wasnt realy looking for sponsorship i was just wondering what kind of level you have to be to get sponsored, of course it would be good but its not realy a nesecity. Job first then if that fails then i dont know what. Thanks for your help and sorry about it neeing a stupid topic.

chris

I'd love to be sponsored. In all honestly, yes I'd like free/discounted parts. But the main reason I'd love to be sponsored, is just the thought. Someone/thing reconising you as a good sport, you arent a general cock to the public to the public, telling them to get f**ked if your on their wall etc. It'd just boost my confidence and dedication to the sport.

I'm 15, I'm skint and my parents don't like forking money out on me. All of my bike, is what I have worked for, not what my parents have got me.

Work your way to the top, like Mark said, dont ask what parts your could get, but ask yourself what you can offer to the company. Be polite with the public, if they ask about the bike, point them in the right way, tell them about it, where it's from etc.

And like said before, making a topic like this, saying how your 14, skint etc won't make companies sympathetic for you. It will just drive them away, as all it seems is you are leeching off them, not doing anything for them.

End/