What Forks?

Kenny--Trials

Hey guys,

I was wondering what forks i should get from tartybikes but people have been telling me that some are not verry strong. I like the look of the try-all forxx but somebody told me that they arnt verry strong. Im so confused >_< .

Thanks

Depends how hard of a rider you are, A lot of the people who say forks aren't strong are serious riders and give their gear hell

I'm guessing you've not been riding that long because your status the other day was about being happy you'd just done 11 backhops :)

Safe to say that it probably won't make a lot of difference right now, I can't see you breaking any forks unless you get stupid good really quick or start doing drops without proper technique

I've been riding years and years and had some fairly front heavy impacts that really shook my teeth, yet to break any forks though :D

• Like 2

To be honest its a fight between echo urbuns and try-all forxx. I will probably wait a few months and see how my riding pans out then see what forks i will go for. E.g. if i become more of a tricks rider i will buy the try-all forxx but if i become a rider that drops of things twice the height of me i will buy echo urbans.

Edited by Kenny--Trials

To be honest its a fight between echo urbuns and try-all forxx. I will probably wait a few months and see how my riding pans out then see what forks i will go for. E.g. if i become more of a tricks rider i will buy the try-all forxx but if i become a rider that drops of things twice the height of me i will buy echo urbans.

Thats buggery, I'd rather have the lightest shittiest forks for drops and stronger for "tricks"....if youre actually dropping properly you should be able to do it hardly touching the front end when you land

Are the SL's no good??

I'm after some cheap forks for my Zenith and there's some sl's in for sale section but if they're not to be trusted I may give them a miss!

Nerp, get some trialtech/viz/urbans :)

trialtech, viz or echo urban's

stay away from echo sl, try all forks (if youre a heavy rider)

Not sure you are correct there matey, i am probably the heaviest rider on the forum and I run koxx forks, have done a few times now with no problems!!

Just need to know, Is it mod or stock forks you are after, going by the picture I would guess at Mod, If so, trialtech are very good, or the echo urbans, as have been sugested, i can not see a problem with the try-alls either, although I have only used the 26inch version.

Adam

Go with the Try All ones mate they are good and light.

Yeah maybe light but the life span won't be as long as the Echo Urbans depending on the riders use.

You can't just say their good, what you mean their good, in what way are they good?

You probs think that they are the right forks for you but he might be a totally different rider.

Edited by AndyyRider

Yeah maybe light but the life span won't be as long as the Echo Urbans depending on the riders use.

You can't just say their good, what you mean their good, in what way are they good?

You probs think that they are the right forks for you but he might be a totally different rider.

Yeah but the rider is 14 and looks light, so isnt going to be that powerfull so therefore doesnt realy need heavy duty forks so lighter ones will help him do bigger stuff.

Haven't really heard of many, if any, problems with Try-All's forks. Pretty dependable (Y) Of the two, I'd probably go for them but if you're going for the disc option bear in mind you may need a different sized rotor than what you're currently running.

Other than the Try-Alls, the Trialtechs are beast. I'd probably steer clear of the Viz forks out of the TT and Viz forks.

• Like 1

I'd probably steer clear of the Viz forks out of the TT and Viz forks.

Trust me to read this now I've already paid for a set of Viz forks off someone!!

Mind you, I deffo won't be doin anything big enough to snap a pair of forks!!

I did want some quite strong ones. As im 14, i was wonderin as soon as i go through a growth spirt i would be too heavy for the try-all forxx and they would snap? I also wanted a pair of forks, if possible to have disc and hydrolic mounts because i have a pair of maggies now but want to go mechanical disc soon.

By the way, sorry i havent been posting lately. My trials forum wouldnt work. When i tried to load up trials forum it came up with DNS Error.

Edited by Kenny--Trials

I ran a pair of Echo Urbans for about 4 years riding street, trails and natural. They got a hell of a lot of abuse. The worst damage they sustained was the lacquer cracking at the crown where they occasionally flexed in my brakeless days.

They also look pretty sweet, reminiscent of Fatty R's that us old bastards used to covet so many years ago!

Oli

you just say hes 14 and aint going to be powerfull, lmfao you seen jack carthy hes 13 and would is possibly better then most 21 year old riders. proper powerhouse..

Thats what happens when you hit puberty stupidly early, im sure alot of people would be going big if they were jacks size at 13, though i doubt alot would be as skilled :)

As for forks ive always used try-all, im a realatively light rider but always doing hooks and up to fronts, weight to performace ratio seems to suite me personally :)