R.i.p Gavin Bedford

Jonny Jones

Thankyou everyone again for your kindest of words. Its still a really big shock to me and everyone, its been a really hard couple of days. But us porthcawl boys, Ivor, Sparky, Carl and me are being strong for each other.

We hope to at sum point organise a big ride for Gavin on the hole part of porthcawl seafront on the rocks and elsewhere.

We will try and keep u updated when the funeral will be held as i guess most of you would like to come.

Many thanks again for the messages it means alot too the family and us friends of Gavin.

Edited by John Shrewsbury

Needs to be done John!

Awful news, never met Gav but seemed a great guy! Awesome rider too! He will be sorely missed!

Another rider taken from us....R.I.P. big guy!

My condolances to all his friends and family.

Really sad to hear that he didn’t made it.

I have met him a lot of times around Europe at the Worlds and European champs.

As a lot of guests had written before, Gav was always a helpful and happy lad.

He will surely be missed, not only in the UK but of everybody who have met him.

My condolences to his family and close friends.

R.I.P Gavin

Roger Bäckgren

Biketrial Sweden

This sucks. Met and rode with Gav quite a few times when I stayed down with Sparky and rode Porthcawl. I remember one time we were out riding and Sparky got some mild food poisoning and had to head home early, so Gav said that he'd stay out riding with me longer and would give me a lift over to Sparky's place when we were done. Quite a way out of his way when he wanted to head off himself as well, but stayed out just so I could ride there more. Was just that kind of person.

He called up and placed an order with us a few weeks ago and we had a bit of a chat then, as well as talking online here and there. Was hoping to head down to Porthcawl some time this summer to ride with Gav and everyone else again, it's weird to think about Porthcawl and knowing I'm not going to get to see Gav ride there again either on his bike or his board.

Thoughts go out to his friends, family, and all the Porthcawl scene.

Terrible, terrible news, I'm deeply saddened by this. I've never had the chance to meet Gavin, but his name would always spring up amoung other top riders on the forum and in MBUK. The last time I saw him was when he rode in the first round of the nationals at Bracken Rocks last year.

My thoughts are with his family and friends, it's just too young to die, the world is unfair.

Rest in peace

I just got the following email from George Eyre (Chairman BikeTrial Federation) asking me to post this up...

Dear moderator,

Barbara Wright and Fred Savage are away on holiday at the moment and I do not have access to the password for BikeTrial Federation. Would someone please place a notice on the News Forum expressing the sadness felt by the commitee at the terrible loss of Gavin. He will be greatly missed at our events. A true gentleman and sports man. Thank you.

George Eyre

Chairman BikeTrial Federation

My condolences also go out to Gavin's family.

Anyone who new Gavin is aloud to come too the funeral. Also if you are traveling down might be nice too bring your trials bikes with u and ride porthcawl later after the funeral in that evening if you would like.

Jonny jones has put details on the first page of where to go when u enter porthcawl.

Stil cant quite beleive this.

Known Gav for years now, always saw him at comps, got used to seeing him every year for about the last 7+. 99% of the time wearing an animal T-shirt and blue jeans no matter what the conditions!

Was a really nice guy, going to miss seeing him. Such an unfortunate and tragic event especially for some as young and cool as Gav.

I wont be able to attend the funeral as wednesday is the start of my final week of college when all work is being assessed and has to be in etc. But i hope the day goes well and he his rememered well (Y)

RIP Dude

Scott