Trials For Weight Loss

seaine

is trials better for getting rid of a bit of fat or not

my friend and i had this conversation and i did not have a clue if it does or not,

i imagine it would giving how much effort it takes

what does everyone else think

Edited by seaine

Depends what you do. If you 'ride' street (i.e. sit on your bike for half an hour chatting, try and sidehop a wall a few times then sit back down) then no. If you ride natural lots and do comps etc then possibly. Mainly I can see it helping to build muscle but not necessarily burning fat that well unless you properly work up a sweat regularly for extended periods so burning calories. But then what do I know? I'm 11 stone with like 5% body fat (after a burger) and couldn't get fat if I wanted.

yes all physical activity will cause weight loss but trials is a very ballistic sport. Where as for weight loss you wont to be working at 60% of your maximum heart-rate (220-your age) for around 40 mins(give or take). So the answer to your question is yes but for more effective weight loss a slow jog (or something of that manner) is alot better.

Edited by Mockett

LOLSEADS!!!

I dunno about weight loss. My legs are pretty much solid muscle, and my arms are (whilst not huge) are certainly more muscly than fatty.

However, it doesn't seem to shift any weight from my core :(

It's definitely more of a muscle/strength builder than a fat burner, you really need some decent cardiovascular exercise get burn fat; which trials doesn't really provide, there just isn't the sustained effort you need to burn it. Go out running, get a xc bike or go swimming if you wish to burn fat.

My legs are pretty much solid muscle, and my arms are (whilst not huge) are certainly more muscly than fatty.

I seem to have some trouble with weight. Whilst I am of an Ethopian build, I find that I suffer with fat arms and my muscle:fat ratio in this region is a big problem.

Just how do you do it?

Okay.

1) I'm not sure what you guys are getting at, but what I'm saying is that I can keep weight off my arms, legs, face etc, but I just seem to have a bit of an immovable beer-belly lol.

2) FOP is awful. I spent three years in school with a girl who had it. She couldn't use stairs, cars, chairs. It was completely crippling and only got worse over the time I knew her.

Simple answer: No.

Floated at about 14 1/2 stone for 4 years of trials (riding hard 4 times a week).

Now ride 3 times a week but do circuit training, weight complexes, running etc and down to 12 stone 8.

Weight loss helps trials MASSIVELY though IMO

Meh, I've been steadily porking up for the last year. Haven't noticed any real difference to my riding ability.

I've often thought that it would be quite difficult to lose weight on trials while you are learning - you just generally don't have the technique for fitness to come into it? You could ride for hours trying a 2.5 ft sidehop, but you wouldn't really burn much off with the stop startness of it.

I've often thought that it would be quite difficult to lose weight on trials while you are learning - you just generally don't have the technique for fitness to come into it? You could ride for hours trying a 2.5 ft sidehop, but you wouldn't really burn much off with the stop startness of it.

Natty sections within you're ability surely would do in a massive way though. Same for generally hard street riding on objects you're more comfortable on so you don't have to stop.