Post A Video Of Todays Riding

isitafox

I love this sport. Two days ago I tried my first 180°s and today, after not having practiced for two days, I still got better at it. I just have to find a small curb I can land on with the rear wheel and make the spin. 

Edited by niconj
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Daviesdt said:

@niconj I can't 180 to save my life, can only seem to manage 90 degree, any tips given you been sussing this out recently? 

It actually took me only two real sessions to learn it. You have to be able to do a decent bunny hop though. The first session I did everything wrong. Then I had a look at this video. It's in German though.

3 hours ago, Daviesdt said:

Yeah, my German is a little rusty I'm afraid! Looking at the vid and yrs, I think maybe I need to do a short tight manual to 90 before hopping. That sound about right?

It's more about the curve you ride before actually taking off. A 180° isn't really a 180° but rather a 100° or something. What I found incredible is that if you look over your shoulder when spinning, it works a lot better. You also need to yank the bars in the direction you want to spin and then initiate the bunny hop (this coming from someone who just recently has learned to do 180s).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paperclip said:

Thank's dude, I was going to add the following to that. 

Dman and I got our first ride in quite some time, accompanied by Jacob and Jack so on his Insta for those who don't follow him is a few clips and photos of all. 

Seems like it didn't take you much time to adapt to the new frame. Very cool vid. 

On 21/12/2016 at 7:37 AM, niconj said:

Seems like it didn't take you much time to adapt to the new frame. Very cool vid. 

In terms of the bike it's perfect, just how I wanted it. In terms of adapting it's fine, only got to get used to myself again now. I don't really feel the same on the bike at the moment even if my level of moves are similar the way I am doing them doesn't feel as natural at the moment. Time off the bike has just resulted in work, car, beer. 

Hopefully now Karl is slowly recovering from his back we will start getting to ride together more. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

Have you heard of a thing called the UK it's always crap. It more so just changes in how warm or cold it is than dry days. 

It is all an excuse for @Dman and I to head on our annual jollys 

Have heard rumors about the UK having bad weather. I actually don't care about the weather as long as it doesn't snow.

• Like 2