Post A Video Of Todays Riding

isitafox

13 minutes ago, Ceccarelli said:

You can be happy guy !! I hope to do this soon ^_^

Thanks. It's not that I haven't been doing up to fronts yet. On my pure trials I got a bit higher and I'm hoping to do this with the Inspired soon. Thing is that it feels more natural doing bunny hops than pedal ups. Pretty much everything feels more natural except side hops. 

Edited by niconj

Leeds weather forecast: Bad.
Lee Mill weather forecast: Good.
Drive to Lee Mill.
Lee Mill actual weather: Bad. Unridably bad.
Instead of trials, or the drive being an absolute waste, I tried to make some sense of the "pump track".
I've ridden this on big wheeled bikes that have bouncy parts on them, and on small wheeled bikes that don't. It's equally awful on both. This video doesn't really show how bad it is.
The corners are really tight, but then there's long straight stretches before and after them. It's not well-kempt either, so there's random rocks sticking out the berms and some bits are basically gravelled-over.
Normally the downhill-ness makes brakeless basically suicide, but fortunately the weather was bad enough that the floor slowed me down enough not to pop out the tops of the berms. Unfortunately, however, this also meant carrying enough speed simply wasn't possible so yes - there is pedalling. 
Looking forward to going back when the ground is hard to see if I can keep the speed up now that I've sort of figured the flow out a bit.

Got back to Leeds and it's been bone-dry all day.
Thanks Mr & Mrs Weatherfolk.

• Like 5

Some clips filmed by Aaron Browne last weekend.
About the bunnyhop (aka: most awkward line I've ever attempted): 90° runup that starts down-hill and changes to uphill just in time to suck away all your speed - and down some steps, have to time half-pedal strokes to one on each step, deceptively short space to preload the bunnyhop, wonky kicker that's also too-close to the wall, up to a thin (but not skinny) wall that is set at wall angled both away from perpendicular and sloping downwards, and it's reasonably high.
Tremendous fun to try and conquer, but a damned nightmare :P

• Like 6