Warts

l33th3tr33

Has anyone had warts before? And how have you got rid of them?

I've had mine for a while now as i rarely get time off to go see a doctor, but have tried a few things to get rid of them like all the 'old wives tricks', but to no avail.

Please don't give answers like kryptonite. (Y)

cheers

When I was young (we're talking about 7 or 8 I think) I had them all over my hands, about 5 or 6 on each hand. Was minging, obviously. One pain free trip to the docs and they were gone. They 'froze' them with some sort of spray and then they just fell off. Pretty weird but yea, no scars or anything afterwards.

• Like 1

Have you tried freezing them off?

You can buy special stuff that freezes the wart and it drops off after a few days.

That's how I got rid of mine.

Alex.

Yeah, tried that, but didn't work for me.

I've tried cutting them off and allsorts.

When I was young (we're talking about 7 or 8 I think) I had them all over my hands, about 5 or 6 on each hand. Was minging, obviously. One pain free trip to the docs and they were gone. They 'froze' them with some sort of spray and then they just fell off. Pretty weird but yea, no scars or anything afterwards.

Yeah, I hate it. Feel really uncomfortable if people see them. Was woken up for no reason this morning as I don't have work so just booked an appointment, hopefully they'll be gone today! would make up for missing out on a days wages!

Were you able to ride after they were gone? As in were your hands aching or anything afterwards? Because I have one bunch of them just above a callous, and don't want to not be able to ride.

Yeah, I hate it. Feel really uncomfortable if people see them. Was woken up for no reason this morning as I don't have work so just booked an appointment, hopefully they'll be gone today! would make up for missing out on a days wages!

Were you able to ride after they were gone? As in were your hands aching or anything afterwards? Because I have one bunch of them just above a callous, and don't want to not be able to ride.

I went straight to school afterwards for the afternoon with no problems. I don't remember it getting in the way of my riding but it was still early days then!

The juice from the stem of a dandilion. Just rub it into the wart.

I had some on my hands for years & I tried freezing them & it didn't work.

I tried the dandilion thing a couple of times when I was out on the bike & hey presto, all but 1 went very quickly.

The final one reduced massively in size but 10 years later I still have it so I don't think it'll ever go to be honest

The juice from the stem of a dandilion. Just rub it into the wart.

I had some on my hands for years & I tried freezing them & it didn't work.

I tried the dandilion thing a couple of times when I was out on the bike & hey presto, all but 1 went very quickly.

The final one reduced massively in size but 10 years later I still have it so I don't think it'll ever go to be honest

If the doctors can't/wont do anything straight away I'll try that. cheers.

Please don't give answers like kryptonite. (Y)

cheers

haha, fair.

sorry i cant help, that was just funny and im hangin in bed........im gonna make eggy bread now, just so you know! with maple syrup :)

I had one on my little finger once, it got cut off when my mate ran over my finger on his skateboard. (I bailed in front of him).

Took a lot of skin off, but it never grew back. :)

I used to get Periungual warts around my fingernails. I used to (and still do if one, edit: lol, or loads, should appear...) use home remedies that my nan taught me about as a kid; apple cider vinegar works, along with lemon, lime or grapefruit juice and a concuction of baking soda, water, aspirin and iodine. Obviously it'd be easier just to get them frozen off at the doctors though :P Don't forget they spread real easy!

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith

I had one on my foot that was big, I got so annoyed with it I sanded it and it went black and f**ked off.

Ha, I've got two on my fingers now that are really small, I might try this stuff.

Oh nice, I've sanded mine but didn't really do much except bleed like hell.

We were once mocking this girl in Design Tech about a wart on her hand for like 30 mins untill she took a soldering iron to it, was pretty effective but fairly painfull.

Also done this, could say it hurt.

I used to get Periungual warts around my fingernails. I used to (and still do if one, edit: lol, or loads, should appear...) use home remedies that my nan taught me about as a kid; apple cider vinegar works, along with lemon, lime or grapefruit juice and a concuction of baking soda, water, aspirin and iodine. Obviously it'd be easier just to get them frozen off at the doctors though :P Don't forget they spread real easy!

Yeah, I had a tiny little one about 8 years ago and in the last year I've gained six more. Wish I could say it'll be sad to see them go, but, well, I wont.

Used to have loads all over my hands when I was a kid, tried alsorts of prescription remedies and nothing ever got rid of them.

Got referred to the hospital in the end where they scalpeld the tops off them and put liquid nitrogen in them, worked wonderfully :)

I once had a verruca when I was a kid, on the heel of my foot.

My dad got his pocket knife out, gripped my foot and just cut the f*cker out. Not off, but out, so if you imagine the 1–2mm dome off the foot is now a 1–2mm recess into the foot.

Hurt like hell but I've never had one since!

I've had a bit of an issue with them for the last year or two on my hands and feet. Horrible really and kinda painful too. I've had the same ones frozen off with liquid nitrogen, creams, acid applications etc but nothing works. Recently got an appointment with a dermatologist and the bastards have decided to start disappearing! The docs should try and freeze them off or give you some acid prep to apply to them.

At one point i had one on every finger on my right hand, I f**king nucked em with that bazuka the varuka stuff and pulled all the black bits out with tweezers, after all the black bits were out as gross as it sounds i just bit the f**kers off, worked a treat as the black bits are the root things and as soon as there gone job done :)

I had a wart hanging from the front edge of my nostril for about 4-6 weeks. It was about 0.5 long (it was much taller than it was wide).

Lets say fun wasn't school over that time.

Had it frozen off, and when that went the two on my hands went too. :huh:

Going to the docs is the best bet, also painless.