Do You Feel Your Brakeless Riding Improved Your Braked Riding?

zoster

Hey!

those of you that experimented with brakeless trials for a bit, and went back to brakes, did you find out it helped your braked ride, as in you became more economical with your energy by using less the brakes and using your body movement to put the weight just in the right spot, or did you find that brakeless needs another type of body language that is deviant to normal trials and you had to readjust to braked trials?

thanks!

No.

There might be little perks, such as a bit of overall control, and wheel placement as OBM said - but I haven't noticed any massive improvement - though I did only ride a brakeless set ~10-15 times.

If you want to ride brakeless - sure - go ahead. It's great fun. (For a while, atIeast - I found.) But I certainly wouldn't advise riding brakeless in an attempt to improve your braked riding.

Common sense would say that it'd improve your your wheel control or 'placement' as you can no longer rely on the brakes to save you from poor positioning. Same goes for weight distribution, you have to have it exactly right on wedges/wodges as the brakes are no longer there to help out.

Another thing would be improving your 'flow' and perhaps smoothness.

No.

There might be little perks, such as a bit of overall control, and wheel placement as OBM said - but I haven't noticed any massive improvement - though I did only ride a brakeless set ~10-15 times.

If you want to ride brakeless - sure - go ahead. It's great fun. (For a while, atIeast - I found.) But I certainly wouldn't advise riding brakeless in an attempt to improve your braked riding.

Don't be so stupid, of course it does.

10-15 rides isn't really enough to see any huge benefits but I've found riding brakeless properly for a decent amount of time makes a noticeable difference. Bike control is much better not just a little bit and smoothness as has been said by others, the difference is night and day! Telling people not to do it because you didn't see any difference after a handful of rides is moronic. You really should think before you speak (N)

If you can be bothered to practice properly and take it seriously, then yes you can reap some big benefits, like better balance, bike control etc.

If however you're just trying to spice up your trials career and just ride round doing bunnyhops and pedal grinds, then no, not really.

In my opinion. :P

If you can be bothered to practice properly and take it seriously, then yes you can reap some big benefits, like better balance, bike control etc.

If however you're just trying to spice up your trials career and just ride round doing bunnyhops and pedal grinds, then no, not really.

In my opinion. :P

What are pedal grinds mate?

well im looking to get rid of my brakeless rig, while riding it i found all i really did was bmx kind of stuff which in my opinion is'nt going to improve anything, but who knows i've not rode a braked bike again yet

still for for a while i just missed the tech stuff

not for my

when i ride brakeless i "know" i have no brakes.and thats all i have.

i ride fast!! and usu more body movment and balance and control..lots of fun!

but when i go back to brakes...i just forget it all..and i usu the brakes all !!!! the f**cking time!!!

i stop a lot.. and its back to slow rides with more tgs stuff

for now i just go brakeless.antill i will fill i nade the brakes again

You said it doesn't help and you wouldn't recommend it. Do you practise being moronic or does it come naturally?

I said in my experience, it didn't help - though I'd only ridden it 10-15 times - implying that my opinion should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Quite the contrary - I said it's good fun and do it if you want, but I wouldn't advise riding brakeless purely to improve your regular riding.

Finally - thank you for noticing :) It's taken a LOT of hard work and perciverance - and although I can see you're trying really hard - it'll be a LONG time before you'll be able to be as effective a moron as me.