Energy Drinks

montyalp221

Caffeine based drinks such as Relentless/ Redbull/ Monster/ Kick ect are extreemly bad for you. The caffeine in them doesnt provide energy it just effectivly raises your heartrate to "pep you up". Thease drinks are good in terms of stopping tiredness on say long journeys where you need to stay awake to drive ect lol. In terms of sport you require sugary glucose rich drink such as Lucozade. This is proven to actually give you energy due to the high levels in sugars.

There was once a girl that died from drinking Redbull. She was playing basketball, semi-pro i think, and drank a can. When she resumed playing her heart rate was elivated so much she had a heart attack and died. Its not uncommon in young people to have an exercising heart rate of over 140 Bpm. and obviously if this is raised by another 30-40 Bpm from drinking a caffeine drink, well, not good.......

Edited by trialsmax04

i used to drink that much of it, it gave me twitches and stuff lol... it also made my wee smell weird?

monster is my fav, and i have 1 every couple of days.

i used to drink about 3 a day!!

heres about half of my can collection haha. i have a pyramid also on a speaker in my room

IMG_1104.jpg

You my freind are a ..............legend (Y):D

Ashes.

when i do extremely hard exersice, i can get my heart rate up to 210bpm. thats without drinking an energy drink.

my resting heart rate is 73bpm.

Exactly- thats why Caffeine "energy" drinks can be fatal. Just think if your heart rate was artificially rased on top of your exercising heart rate....

Exactly- thats why Caffeine "energy" drinks can be fatal. Just think if your heart rate was artificially rased on top of your exercising heart rate....

i had not touched an energy drink for over a month before i found of my heart rate...

aparently if you are very active and always doing something, you resting heart rate is lower than a normal person, and the exercising heart rate is higher also.

im sure im not just the only one on this forum that will possibly have a heart rate close to or over 200bpm when they intensly exersise.

i know what you are saying is right about it increases your heart rate, but not about the energy drink increased it when i tested mine.

You my freind are a ..............legend (Y):D

Ashes.

cheers lol

Sorry i didnt mean that. For sure a fit young persons heart rate should hit 200 Bpm under a heavy load. I know mine does. Just the point i was making was a lot of people dont know the dangers of mixing excersise and caffeine drinks... :turned:

yeah ino what you mean mate :turned:

Caffeine based drinks such as Relentless/ Redbull/ Monster/ Kick ect are extreemly bad for you. The caffeine in them doesnt provide energy it just effectivly raises your heartrate to "pep you up". Thease drinks are good in terms of stopping tiredness on say long journeys where you need to stay awake to drive ect lol. In terms of sport you require sugary glucose rich drink such as Lucozade. This is proven to actually give you energy due to the high levels in sugars.

There was once a girl that died from drinking Redbull. She was playing basketball, semi-pro i think, and drank a can. When she resumed playing her heart rate was elivated so much she had a heart attack and died. Its not uncommon in young people to have an exercising heart rate of over 140 Bpm. and obviously if this is raised by another 30-40 Bpm from drinking a caffeine drink, well, not good.......

the raising your heart rate part might explain why energy drinks used to make me have nose bleeds, raising blood presure causing my nose to pop.

dont think ill be drinking them again lol, i think ill just stick my my normal everyday drink good old dr pepper :)

Caffeine itself does much more than just that, it blocks receptors in your brain that make you feel tired, basically preventing you from feeling tired.

The raised heartrate is very very very slight from energy drinks, its the colouring and additives that are worse for you.

• 2 weeks later...

These drinks are insanely bad for you. i used to drink 4 cans of relentless a day. You can get addicted to them, wake up and feel you cant do anything without a can!!

Have you ever read the back of the can?? There 500ml cans right and the nutritional information on the back is only for 100ml! if it were per can not 1/5 of a can, anyone reading it would be put right off. for example Vitamin B12 is 240% of daily allowance for 100ml thats 1200% of daily allowance in one can of monster!! And 160mg of caffeine thats nearly 2 cups of espresso.

Trouble is there just too good!! i dont drink during riding because of the twitchyness from the caffeine. lucozade is better and the sport cant make you bloated as its not fizzy. but water is probably the answer its natural and wont rot your teeth.

Energy drinks are not a good sports drink at all. They seriously dehydrate you plus the "boost" of energy is just the large amount of sugar in them. My friend had 3 monsters and no water and after a hours riding passed out and had to go to hospital and was put on a drip till he could drink himself a few hours later. Stick to lucozade body fuel :)...If you are to drink them stick to just one and drink water or lucozade or gatorade or something aswell as, 'cause i know they taste absolutly gorgeous (:

Edited by asifcml

No energy drink has ever helped me neither to wake up or to feel full of energy. They just makes your heart go faster and perhaps feel worse than before..

If you want an energy, have a 10hours sleep, eat enough, have a cup of black tea. Chocolate is also is good.

No energy drink has ever helped me neither to wake up or to feel full of energy. They just makes your heart go faster and perhaps feel worse than before..

If you want an energy, have a 10hours sleep, eat enough, have a cup of black tea. Chocolate is also is good.

basicaly anything with sugar will give you a quick rush of energy but if you really want energy have alot of carbs. A good spagetti or lasange the night before will keep you goin, trust me i ride trials but i also do long distance running and weight training so nutrition is a big part of my life.

Large consumptions of energy drinks release fast acting simple sugars into the body (which is designed for a slower, constant release). This in turn plays havoc with your insulin levels and can lead to depression and anxiety. I've known a couple of people who drank energy drinks frequently and they were always suffering from mood swings. Constant consumption of caffein also lead to nutrients being harder to absorb by the body and studies have shown regular intakes of around 100mg daily often lead to effects such as headaches and lethargy.

I don't like the thought of that so i tend to stear clear of them. That and the fact that most taste like absolute crap. I prefer a bottle of water or fresh fruit juice whilst riding.

Can i just point out that everyone who is suggesting just drinking lucozade instead: it is no different to a monster in terms of ingrededients.

The still one is, as far as I'm aware...

I tend to just have Robinsons or whatever before I leave the house, then bottles of water while I'm out anyway.

super malt is my number one pick up. it actually makes me feel more with it, its not as fizzy as energy drinks and not as chemically. It is a very aquired taste though!! but i love it and its from way back in the day! i have only found it in london recently so i dont get to drink it much :ermm:

ive given up all energy drinks and all fizzy drinks since the roadtrip. i keep getting addicted to coke. some days out riding i can easily go through 3 2litre bottles, and maybe even a couple of 500ml ones. ive reached a point, that i feel shit without one, uni defo didnt help for that. also heard if you drink alot of low fat milk it encourages your body to shit out more fatty stuff. so yeh, on the milk now, mums getting abit pissed off about buying alot more though

ive given up all energy drinks and all fizzy drinks since the roadtrip. i keep getting addicted to coke. some days out riding i can easily go through 3 2litre bottles, and maybe even a couple of 500ml ones. ive reached a point, that i feel shit without one, uni defo didnt help for that. also heard if you drink alot of low fat milk it encourages your body to shit out more fatty stuff. so yeh, on the milk now, mums getting abit pissed off about buying alot more though

If theres a farmfoods nearby they do two 4 pint bottles for £1.50. Can't really complain at that.