Trials-Uk's Address At Centre Of Cannabis Factory.

Hannah Shucksmith

I'm 21 i wouldn't trust myself with an R8. As much as i'd like to say i would and have matured as a driver, if i had that car and either a straight road or some nice corners i wouldn't promise anything.

On topic, as amusing as the drama would be, seems as if whoever took over/ rented the warehouse grew the crops.

It kinda is a case of not being able to control it though. I crashed my golf when I'd had my licence a couple of months. The back stepped out, I over corrected, dug into the soft verge and flipped it off a 7 foot drop. Messy, and 100% due to me being a young, just passed driver who had little car control.

Normal drivers don't ever let the back "step out" though. I'd say most drivers have likely never experienced oversteer, it takes some effort and speed to get the back wheels to slide in most modern (FWD) cars and people just don't make it happen.

I'm 21 i wouldn't trust myself with an R8.

Really? If you won one in a competition (fully insured etc) you'd just turn it down on the basis that it might be dangerous? I think I would get it and floor it at every opportunity! It might be a bit dangerous but I doubt anyone on here would refuse that sort of car, it's just jealousy talking.

Really? If you won one in a competition (fully insured etc) you'd just turn it down on the basis that it might be dangerous? I think I would get it and floor it at every opportunity! It might be a bit dangerous but I doubt anyone on here would refuse that sort of car, it's just jealousy talking.

I'm 27 and I wouldn't trust myself with an R8! Forget the fact that it is dangerous, I'd be far more bothered about how capable it is. To have any sort of fun in it you would have to drive a lot faster than other cars on the road. Its ability to overtake everything quickly would tempt me to do aggressive maneuvers. I'm pretty sure if I didn't crash it I would lose my license very quickly. I have enough trouble staying legal in my 90hp 306, and that makes windy roads at 60mph feel pretty damn fast! I don't think anyone would refuse it though, just take it and sell it. To think what you could do with that sort of money, an R8 is a big waste in my eyes!

Yeah it's true, there's no really much point having a really fast car, there's no opportunity to use it without risking an accident / your license. Particularly as it'll probably go round corners at something like 130 mph with no drama.

In the purely hypothetical scenario, the car's a gift so you can't sell it. You have the choice to drive it, or not to drive it. And I don't think many people would turn that down.

my 33yr old mechanic mate (who races at the weekend in caterhams) managed to bin a MGF when driving it from the garage, round the back to the lock up at work. It was a 30mph road, I was sat next to him so can confirm we were doing 30mph, turned around a nice gentle sweepy corner, not accelerating or braking just rolling round. The car reached the middle of the corner, found some diesel, swapped ends, slid across the oncoming lane backwards and into a ditch and a hedge.

Best driver i know in very capable little car undone by the circumstances. I've just turned down a job driving a long wheelbase van, My licence covers me but i haven't driven a car on the road for more the an hour in total for about 3 yrs. I've ridden bikes that long but I don't trust myself in a big van!

Personally if someone bought me a R8, I'd have it in a flash. The fact it has so much latent ability would mean I'd never reach the ragged edge. and that suits me down to the ground, I've got motorbikes to give me that feeling, which my sumo does at much lower speeds then you'd expect. My usual loop probably doesn't exceed 60mph

Im 16 and have been driving (off road) for 3 years now. age/experience is related to how good ofa driver you are. for the last 5 weeks ive been driving a 285hp ploughing tractor at work and have run into some shit situations (flat tyres/track falling from underneath you etc.) and the reason i have binned it is because i have the experience. experience is everything while driving.

Experience, and not doing stupid things...

I say that but I love doing stupid things, as far as I can work out, that's the best way to have fun in life. If you want to go fast and wrap your car round a tree, that's fine. Just don't say you're a good driver :P

Statistically - yes, it is.

Apart from the highest insurance risk being women over 70s in cars, and blokes aged 35-45 on motorbikes?

In other news, my mate just pronged his car, pulling out of a junction turning right, and drove into the side of someone because the guy was speeding, so he didn't see him....

If he'd checked left again he probably would have seen him. Age, experience or lack of blind common sense? :P

Haha, "HALT PEST! You're doing at least 36mph!".

Apparantly the guy "came out of no-where". That'll be the other direction that mate, if you had pointed your face over into that general area, you would have seen him... :P

this is just to prove experiance is what counts.. not age...

went to a track day with my dad and his mates, and just randomly a holden monaro came drifting round the corner!

we managed to get him to stop and take us out in it... as it turns out, he has just turned 16, 3 days before he took us out!

he also let slip that he was the european drift champion but was not aloud the prize as he was not old enough.

heres the proof!!

experiance!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Kr5eo_Qno

Edited by Sam Styles

also... me, my dad and his mates doing a "tunnel run" in birmingham! on the roads... also just experiance of driving like this alot!!

http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss233/Ashv8_photo/?action=view&current=FinalcopyBirmtunnelrun6thjune2010_0.mp4&mediafilter=videos

the guy video-ing this, put a suction cup attatched to his camcorder on the bonnet of his tvr chimeara!

30secs of driving down a straight, and getting a bit of oversteer around 3 corners? :P

Only joking...

:P there were more corners but i couldnt get the camera out of my pocket in time haha...

you wanna try rolling around in the back of a monaro drifting... with no seatbelts haha!!!

Edited by Sam Styles

You got a name for this so called EDC champion?

max ... that all i know...

he won the championship... but im not 100%sure if he was given the title properly due to his age... he showed us a video of the awards after the EDC.. and you see him announce his real age after they said he won >_<

our mate videoed the outside of the big drift at the end... you can just about see me in the back of the car!

and i will now stop cloging the tread with some of my daily outings haha.

back to drugs :giggle:

I'm intrigued by a 16yr old winning the EDC, not being able to claim the title due to his age and non of it being heard of outside this thread ever before. Can't comment on your vids (as I'm at work and cannot view them on here) but I highest of the highly doubt he won it really, either that or he was bullshitting you and just looked like a schoolboy!

I'm intrigued by a 16yr old winning the EDC, not being able to claim the title due to his age and non of it being heard of outside this thread ever before. Can't comment on your vids (as I'm at work and cannot view them on here) but I highest of the highly doubt he won it really, either that or he was bullshitting you and just looked like a schoolboy!

he even had braces to complete the backage :P

and okay, you are entitled to your opinion. :-

but i was there >_<

I'm only saying this as there was a 16yr old irish lad who won the prodrift euro championship a few years ago and had no probs, even went on to compete in the worlds. And at the moment I'm sure there's no one that young competing, could be wrong though as not been keeping up with the drift scene as much as I used to.