Danny Macaskill

bikeperson45

still havent seen anyone on a bmx do that sort of move on that sort of terrain haha

still think people who just sidehop or dropgap everywhere should learn what trials really is haha

still think people who dont like dannys videos shouldnt bother putting shit replies to videos theyre not going to like haha

EDIT: Oh, hang on, "lmao". Am I doing it right?

still think he should be on a bmx haha

I think TGS riders should get pogo sticks.............

That's stupid isn't it.......it, is you're right, so are you! You are very stupid, very stupid indeed.

If you t'aint got nuttin' intelligent to say, then keep you stupid ass mouth shut and for the love of Jesus H. Christ stop trying to f**king categorise people!

Danny Mac seems pretty cool and is deffinitley a good rider, but I don't see why he gets to be so famous when there are better people out there than him.

Anyway, it was good, I'm not gonna get involved with the TGS/street argument and what is proper trials blah blah blah.

And yes Mark, it is "lmao".

Name one.

Just to put it into perspective: The trailer for Danny's video's been on Youtube for a week (not counting the Red Bull site's own hits), and has had over 46k views. Damon's most viewed video on Youtube has been on there for 3 years and has just under 44k views.

I don't get why when someone becomes successful people resent them. He's riding the way he likes, which as it happens millions of other people also like. Plus he's creative, anyone can look at a wall and go 'sidehop' but not everyone goes 'look there's a tree next to that wall, better be a flair then'.

From 3 years ago:

By that, I mean so what if that's what "real trials" is - who's to say he's going for that? He's just going out and riding his bike, he's one of 6 billion people on the planet just doing his own thing. It's not like it really matters in any real sense, so why confine his riding/what he's doing to certain words or disciplines? He's just doing his own thing, and in the process, is actually donig what we all should be doing - just doing what we enjoy (riding-wise), regardless of what people think is 'right'.

Just as relevant today :rolleyes:

Danny Mac seems pretty cool and is deffinitley a good rider, but I don't see why he gets to be so famous when there are better people out there than him.

What you need to remind yourself is, trials, is an odd sport. It takes people a while to understand what trials is about.

When joe public watches a video of Damon Watson or Neil Tunnicliffe, they are at first impressed and shocked that any of those moves are possible. After a few more views, the shock factor is gone and its back to a video of someone doing strange things on a bike.

If they watch a video of Danny MacAskill there is the same initial shock factor they would get from Damon's or Neil's videos, but they can keep watching as they can link it to something more main stream, for instance BMX.

A good example of this would be Ken Block, people love him and his driving and he gets millions of views from the public who are not into the rallying scene. If you put ken block, in the lanes of South Wales he would be nothing compared to some of the drivers round here but because he has the wow factor he pulls the crowds.

This post is a bit of a mess, I'm ill and my heads floating somewhere near the attic. Hope you get the jist of it.

Edited by Trials Punk

The problem is with people like Damon and NT, even if they had the same kind of quality of filming, editing and producing as Danny Mc does on his videos these days, they still wouldn't take off like his vids do because the riding just isn't as appealing, simple as that.

Also, I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but for me personally I consider Danny Mc to be the best trials rider out there bar non.

As for the BMX comment. Have you ever watched one of Danny's vids? If he was given a bmx he style would drastically change. His bike is perfectly suited for him. If you watch any of his videos you'll see he does use the trials gearing, he does take advantage of having bigger wheels, he does use his breaks and it's obvious the more trialsy geo of his bike helps him too. Why can't you see that? :huh: