Interesting Backings...

Sponge

Kobike is an online store that distributes most of the trials brands in the southern half of China. It's totally separate to that little project Dan Ko had going (thankfully). "No offence, Dan"

Ashima seems a fairly reputable brand in the brake pad industry already for other disciplines, so I'd be interested to see how these pads perform

Kobike is an online store that distributes most of the trials brands in the southern half of China. It's totally separate to that little project Dan Ko had going (thankfully). "No offence, Dan"

Ashima seems a fairly reputable brand in the brake pad industry already for other disciplines, so I'd be interested to see how these pads perform

How can i get some

58 yaun is 5 pounds according to google ?

Could these actually put LGM's to shame? :o

A block of lard could put lgm's to shame

Oh, and think this is quite a good idea, i get no end of wobble from cnc backings.

Also had the tabs snap off before due to wobble.

Edited by Rob Leech

They certainly are different, but they seem a bit over engineered. The tabs on the side seemingly have no use other than as a guide for the slave cylinder pad guides (which I have never managed to break off).

Ashima disk brakes have had poor write ups all round, they like trying different things, and credit to them for trying, but their designs seem detrimental to performance more often than not.

Somebody try them and see.

is there any point on the "wings" considering there is no additional pad material until the last bit of the brake pad?

its worth trying i suppose, however making re-fills for them would be ridiculous.

Exactly, they've just gone and made their pad insert 50% wider, it might not be such an issue if they're injection moulded, but it still uses a greater amount of material and increases tooling costs.

Edited by walker

I was going to try some of these, I was getting them through the bikeshop I worked at, I held them in my hands and something about them, really put me off. :L

Thats possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. However you did make a pad topic without mentioning Tnn pads, congratulations!