Mark's 2011 Fourplay

Mark W

Apart from the Trialtech high riser bars being little too bar back for my liking, that is seriously stealthy looking steed.

Epic win there Mark (Y) (Y) (Y)

Yeah, they're not ideally angled for trialsy stuff, but that's not much of an issue at the moment :P

what did you use to strip it?

did you use laquer also if so which one

really like the spray job mark gonna mimic it on my gu le for the win

Just used Nitromors to strip it, and then just a big ol' can of matt black. Hard to come by matte lacquer so I just left it as painted.

Looks nice!

Not soo keen on the rims, abit to high profile, other than that its perfect :turned:

They're an acquired taste definitely, but they're super stiff. Makes spins awesome! Before, doing bump 360s up/over stuff made my front rim flex so much it'd hit my footjam plate, but this one doesn't at all. Feels like my BMX wheels :)

Oh, and to whoever asked for it before, here's that stripping photo in higher quality. Cropped to widescreen laptop resolution (at least, cropped to mine :P)...

post-91-0-42735700-1288810823_thumb.jpg

And I thought you loved the 4Play logo? ^_^

looks lovely Mark, good job. Great to see some quality photos of it too...I wouldnt expect anything less. B)

I do love the Fourplay logo, that's why I got that photo to remind me of how good it looked before the Nitromors took hold :( It's not an 'official' colour, so I/we didn't want to mislead people into thinking they could buy a bike that was that colour, if that makes sense?

No i meant with the rise of the bars not the backsweep, sitting closer to the headtube angle.

Yeah, I meant the angle I have my bars, not the backsweep/upsweep angle :) When they're tilted that far back it feels awesome for bunnyhops and spins, but obviously not great for 'real' trials.

Seeing as it got mentioned on OTN, here's what's happening to the old frame...

My brother used to ride trials back in the day (1998-ish) on a GT Tequesta, and it was his copy of Tricks and Stunts that got me into trials. He started riding BMX around 2000 and has been doing that for the past 10 years, but now he's in New Zealand there's a lot of natural spots there that would be fun for a BMX, but not on a BMX (if that makes sense). He saw my vid with Stan and wanted to give it a pop, so I built it up into a bike for him with the spares I had under my desk. I sorta wanted to keep the frame 'cos I loved that colour/frame in general, and it would've been a nice memento of a pretty good period in my life (riding and filming for that vid over the summer was rad), but I'm interested to see what Dan can do on it, so it's being shipped over there soon:

dansbike1.jpg

<3 this frame smile.gif

InsFour1b.jpg

InsFour2b.jpg