Unfixed

Box

Seconded.

To be honest, I'm supprised Mongoose don't put it in his contract that he has to wear one while he's doing a shoot. Brand image and all that.

At a DH race, even if our helmet strap is left undone you're ejected from the race. I don't give a toss if they ride without one when they're out and about, but if they're doing an advertising shoot or sponsor orientated filming then it's not hard to stick a lid on.

I believe i've only commented on this video once. That's hardly repeated.

I rode without a helmet on a couple of times last week so I might have suffered some sort of concussion and related issues from a crash I don't think I had, but I'm still pretty sure that's two posts you made about it.

P.S. Nice switch to the 'ooh, you're all getting upset!' tactic. Works flawlessly every time. Oh, wait...

I always wear my helmet, but I quite happy for others to do as they wish.

You didn't last week. I'm telling!

Love Akrigg, wasn't overly keen on the vid though, as Mark said it was pretty 'flat' and didn't live up to his last vid with the fixed maurice.

One of my favourite things about Akrigg is that he always looks like he's having fun*, which is awesome.

I can't understand how him not wearing a lid would affect your opinion of the video, and I don't think kids are that easily impressionable, when I was a kid I thought helmets were f**king gay. I didn't care that some rider was wearing one or not, I just ditched my helmet and bombed off.

*apart from when he hit that tree :P

The world's gone mad.

EDIT:

I rode without a helmet on a couple of times last week so I might have suffered some sort of concussion and related issues from a crash I don't think I had, but I'm still pretty sure that's two posts you made about it.

Raped.

Edited by Ninja Manatee

I don't think kids are that easily impressionable

But what about all those impressionable kids the media were going on about who were going to start thinking it was acceptable to steal cars, run-over pedestrians, shoot prostitutes and rob people because they saw it in Grand Theft Auto?

Aw man, just watched it again. Give me more! Anyone else always expect to hear a talking robot after that wee riff at the start?

A few of my mates have fixie road bikes, I run free wheel, and im always thinking "you guys are missing out on all the fun bits of riding a roady bike". This video shows off what I mean...kinda. James, Chris, take note. :rolleyes:

Loving the flat cap, loving the burns, loving the braklessness, loving the style!

When I was chatting to Martyn Ashton in Porthcawl, he said that Chris was filming on his brakeless trials bike in a sweet rock spot. So I was kind of hoping this vid would have been the clips from then. I'm sure it'll come to fruition soon enough.

Uch! That trail riding is the best bit about that video.

Edited by Ross McArthur

Sponsored riders like Chris Akrigg, have to take some air of responsibility when posting bike action videos on the net regardless of the type of viewing audience ie; dedicated riders whom are most likely to watch/view the video. Take this video for example at 03:00-03:08 where Akrigg clutches his left arm/shoulder from the tree crash we don't get to see here, what if Akrigg had smashed his head into that tree instead of his arm, he could have ended up alot worst than when Rachel Atherton face planted that truck from her road crash.

It doesn't matter weather your pushing your riding limits, or going to the shops, it doesn't hurt to be safe than sorry.......or in Atherton and Akrigg's case very lucky.

Yes it is a good idea to wear a helmet but some people aren't comfortable wearing one, chris obviously comfortable from most of his other videos but its his choice whether to wear one or not. I can't ride without a helmet i don't feel secure most of the time. Just look at chris's teocali, fireball and golden nugget video he's gonna wear a helmet in them because they are abit more out there in the world of cycling he's proberly made the trials videos for fun whether his others are a bit more promotional and not many people are gonna try and copy someone with a fixie frame with no brakes or a bike with no brakes for that matter.

I think we should all wear full bubble wrap body suits and full face helmets incase we walk into a lamp post while we are looking at something distractive but on the other hand that would just be silly just like a thread pretty much made up of people bitching about a helmet and less about the quality of a video........

Akrigg is clearly a hipster.

Whilst there is obviously some merit to film quality and standard of riding I would prefer to see him riding a bike that maximises what he can do. He's one of my favourite riders but I find the vids where he's on novel bikes a bit boring to be honest. I get the impression that it's for the sake of being different and standing out? But whatever. If he's actually getting something out of what he does then furry muff and my view is really quite irrelevant.

Couldn't agree more, there is only so many times i can see a video like this, bring back some of the trial noir video skills!!!1

I like what he's doing but I wish he'd stop f**king about with play bikes and do some proper riding!

Chris stopped riding trials comps awhile back as he felt it was getting boring and the bikes were changing and the style of riding aswell.

Chris is happy riding for Mongoose as they do a wide range of bikes and wants to push his skills in all kinds of riding, even though he still rides trials for fun.

Hes in his 30's now and felt trials had passed its time for him thats why hes riding for mongoose fulltime now and is a Pro rider that gets paid to make videos on these bikes.

If you go on chris's website look in (MEDIA) which hes been in other magazines showing his all round skills and interviews of him.

I want the next in the line of "normal trials" videos. Earthed III is by far his most enjoyable, for me.

This. That still is my favourite video. However this video shows just how good he is with any bike.

On the helmet front, Chris has ridden for a long time and has has his share of big crashes i'm sure, he knows what he's risking so leave it at that.

If that is the case about Akrigg's 2011 plans, i only wish that someone would give this man a more modern refined steed to do this on ie; HEX 26.Chris's megamo has served him well but he would ride way better on a Hex 26.

Edited by Rusevelt