Need Ideas

Topsy

So I've seen that TF can do pretty much anything and thought I'd give it a try here!

I would like to know what you guys think/what you ideas are. Perhaps you can help me.

To the problem: My (pretty big) problem is waking up in the morning. I simply can't seem to do it since a guy broke my jaw 3 years ago (not sure if it has something to do with it at all may also be something with the operation? It may be anything...) I get it about 3 or 4 times a week. I just can't hear my alarm clocks, don't react to cold water or even to being pulled out of bed and landing on the floor. But my mom can ask me things and I usually answer. Cant remember any of the conversations later though. It's kinda arkward..

So the my mom has to go and work, and I go on sleeping, mostly untill about 1pm and miss school due to that. The school is now probably going to throw me out because i'm missing too much. (It's already the 3 school in 3 years...)

I'm also sometimes having problems with going to sleep in the evenings, which I guess Is normal after sleeping half the day...

I just can't think of anything to help me wake up and the problem is just ruling (and f**king up) my life.

Would really appreciate some ideas!

Btw, I do go to a psychologist about it, but he has no ideas either -.-'

Thx

Geoffrey

A lot of that sort of behaviour can be linked to an under active thyroid, but it's just one of many possibilities. Another one could be that you're really f**king lazy. Go see a doctor, it doesn't matter how good TF is at solving problems, we can never really help with your health - it's too precious a thing to get wrong.

I going to turn 17 on saturday :)

I have also seen doctors, but you kinda have to kick their arses untill they really try to do something. Or they tell me to go somewhere where i have to wait a whole year untill someone has time for me...

And no, i'm not lazy ^^ I also actually like going to school and learning things.

Just thought I'd try and ask here ;)

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

I rarley wake up before 3 but that's just me being lazy I think once you get into a routine of waking up late it's hard to get out of.

I have an excuse I work nights but still I don't need 10-11 hours sleep a day.

It's really anoying I should really start getting up earlier and going for a ride or something.

I had exactly the same problem as you for the last year or so, but I honestly thing in all but the very worst cases it's just routine. Basically my attendance at uni wasn't great cos a lot of the lectures I didn't feel were relevant to me (poor excuse I know) but over the last 3 weeks I've been working full time so HAVE to be there. The first week was hell but after just three weeks my sleeping patterns moved from sleeping 6am-3pm kinda thing all the way to naturally sleeping 1/2am-8am.

I haven't been going out much in those weeks though so the real test will be when I actually go to a rave on the weekend and whether after 2 weekend nights of being out till 10am or so and sleeping during the day I'll still be able to click back into it easily.

I had exactly the same problem as you for the last year or so, but I honestly thing in all but the very worst cases it's just routine. Basically my attendance at uni wasn't great cos a lot of the lectures I didn't feel were relevant to me (poor excuse I know) but over the last 3 weeks I've been working full time so HAVE to be there. The first week was hell but after just three weeks my sleeping patterns moved from sleeping 6am-3pm kinda thing all the way to naturally sleeping 1/2am-8am.

Yep - its exactly right, when im at uni I'll normally sleep 2ce a day, have to really drag myself out of bed, go lectures, go nap, go out for the night. Makes it really hard getting to sleep / waking up, but if you wanna live like that then you have to!

However I worked all summer with 8o'clock starts and your body really gets used to it, so muct so that it pissed me off i couldnt lie in on weekends anymore!

So basically make a point of going to bed at 10, (watch some light tv for an hour so it prepares you for sleep, lowers heat rate and stuff) then dont turn your lights off, dont start thinking about anything, just lie there till you sleep. And wake up at 7 or 8 o'clock everyday even if its a weekend. Problem is because your missing school your not doing anything all f**king day, so when it comes to sleeping your body just doesn't need to because its been sitting arround all day doing nothing, with no stimulation. So some jogging or exercise will help you get to sleep at night, so if your struggling to sleep.... go out more

Your in a lazy fat b*****d routine

Go gym or something I can sleep anytime anywhere after a good session

Edited by Simpson

i'll now try to get the answers in the right order.

@ Ben Cox, I guess i'll look into that one, hope it isn't anything like that though!

@ Calops, Sure that bed would be fun (Not only for waking up :P) But My neighbours woulden't like it I guess.

@ Dale-Hill, Nope I don't smoke anything, never did and never tried!

@ JT!, How do you mean "how i get out of ben when I wake up naturally"? If I wake up naturally I lay in bed awake for a few minutes then get up and go and have breakfast. Not sure if you meant it like that though..

@ casualjoe, I'm giving the banana a try.

Thx for your replies =D

I'll look into everything except the cattle prod ;)

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

Yer but I don't think people actually realise how much it messes up your sleeping even a few nights after etc.

I can always tell, because I feel like I have an amazing sleep, but all my dreams are always so much more vivid and outrageous I know that I must have been tossing and turning all night.

I can always tell, because I feel like I have an amazing sleep, but all my dreams are always so much more vivid and outrageous I know that I must have been tossing and turning all night.

Im the complete opposite if ive been smoking skunk i wont dream or wont remember it, and i wont move at all ill wake up in the same position, usually still tired. This is the reason ive cut back on skunk by about 80% in the last year.

It does sound thyroid related..when you are awake are you still tired?