Me Snappin' The Bolts On My Stem

mista-neos

Sooo... did the bolt snap when you landed or when you threw the bike? Can't quite tell if it's just your bars moving when you land rather than the bolt snapping. Meh

Oh yeah- throwing bikes is so stupid. I've been riding for over 13 years and have never thrown my bike. Chucked it down on the ground at a comp before but nowhere where I might break anything. [/bandwagon]

I'll add another 'don't throw your bike' comment. If this was the one time you threw your bike, why would you also make it the time you filmed, edited and uploaded it? I've been mighty pissed off a couple of times over the 10ish years I've been riding bikes 'properly' and have come close to chucking them a few times but I know that if I did I'd be embarrassed at my lack of self control rather than so pleased with it I'd want to show others.

Basically you've had 200+ people look at you:

- Really screwing up your drop technique

- Acting like a 3 year old

Great news!

I seen that my names spelt wrong it wasn't me that done the editing on it just a friend from across the road :P Yeh I did act like a 3 year old but seen as the bike was a couple days old I wasn't expecting to snap bolts or anything tobe fair. The bolt snapped when I did the drop if you watch the video you see the bars go back the makes me land harder then I did :P

Your all acting like its your bikes I'm trashing, and for those on here that aren't calling me a 'fanny' or crying over me throwing my bike thanks at least some people aren't dumb in the head :D

It's still stupid though. Your bike broke so you instantly decide that the best option is to try and break it more. Just makes no sense.

I seen that my names spelt wrong it wasn't me that done the editing on it just a friend from across the road :P Yeh I did act like a 3 year old but seen as the bike was a couple days old I wasn't expecting to snap bolts or anything tobe fair. The bolt snapped when I did the drop if you watch the video you see the bars go back the makes me land harder then I did :P

Throwing the bike aside, (no pun intended) the chances that you broke that bolt on the drop are slim to none. On a bike that's a couple of days old I would expect that the bolt was more likely to have snapped through over tightening than the drop. For a start, the bolt that snapped is at the top of the stem: If the drop had done it, surely it would have been a bolt at the bottom as that's where the force of your landing would have gone?

would be fun if that bar only was loosen in some bolts and drop turned it and then he throws the bike breakin it. Anyway it's definately your fault. You could overtighted that bolt. It never happens just like that

Edited by Rafal

get a f**king grip trials forum !!

this kid throws his bike when hes mad ....

whats the issue ?

personally i think if you break something .. go to the pub ...

best kind of destressing :)

Thanks for that Jo :) and the bolt could have been over tightened not sure I dent do it, the bolt snapped on the drop also one bent I will try and get a picture up. I dent upload the video to show how far I could chuck my bike I stuck it up just for the pure fact some of you guys might be interested, obviously not :/

Or you guys could think outside the box for a second and realise that people deal with things in different ways. I've thrown my bike a few times when annoyed and while it isn't the greatest idea, it's my bike, i don't complain when something breaks and i still enjoy riding 99% of the time.

I'd be surprised if your new bike broke on your first ride and you only ever came out with "oh darn it".

Just so you know. A let a mate have a go on my bike when it was only a month old to me. Snapped the disk mount off and bent a brand spanking new disk. All I did was ask if he would buy me lunch. You just need to learn self control.

Just so you know. A let a mate have a go on my bike when it was only a month old to me. Snapped the disk mount off and bent a brand spanking new disk. All I did was ask if he would buy me lunch. You just need to learn self control.

When did 'dent' replace 'don't'?

Because i sure as hell dent like it.

If you post a minute long video up of you throwing your bike, you throwing your bike in reverse, and you throwing your bike with mirrored footage, then it stands to reason people are probably going to talk about you throwing your bike. Without exception it always looks gay if you throw your bike. I don't mean that you shouldn't because it's up to you, but in video form it always, always looks shit.